The Beginning

A Rose Like an Angel

 

Waking up and finding something so sweet could never been the best thing anyone could have ever imagined. That's exactly what Joonmyeon experience this early morning. His eyes sparkling toward the most prettiest rose he has ever seen in his entire life. The rose is bright red with dews that shines in his eyes. Joonmyeon can't help but to chuckle and examine the rose more. Who might have given him such present and why? He's happy yet everything is such a mystery.
 
"Sehun, wake up!" Joonmyeon shakes his roommate's shoulder. "Who gave you this rose and why did she gave it to me?"
 
"Huh...?" He blinks. Foreign words, and considering he just wakes up, makes no sense at all to anyone nor to Sehun.
 
"This pretty rose! This rose that is just breathe-taking." Joonmyeon exhales with a glint of joy and romantic air.
 
"Why are we talking about a rose again?" Sehun blinks again; fully awake yet the scene just makes no sense to him.
 
"Someone gave me this rose and left it at the night stand. It's so beautiful and it's just mesmerizing and-"
 
"Wo-woah, wait a second..." Sehun sits up on his bed and tilts his head to the side. "Someone gave you a rose?"
 
"Have you been not listening to any word that I just said?"
 
"Wait, wait, hold up, Hyung. Like, how did someone came in this room?"
 
"I ughm... I..." Now, Joonmyeon is the one blinking and looks clueless. "You're right, how could someone possibly bring this inside here?"
 
"Oh crap, what if some crazy Sasaeng has access to our dorm and she goes every night to stalk us and-"
 
"Or maybe we could ask the others first if they know anything about this flower." Joonmyeon chuckles at the hysterical Maknae. He doesn't want to think of the rose as a bad way, because he wants it to give him that unique joy he has felt in his life. Could he possibly have an admirer?
 
 
Joonmyeon was no detective but he kind of enters in becoming one after this very day. The flower by his side could only be possible if someone has access on the dorm. Could it be one of the boys? But why? Or maybe it's just a prank?
 
"God, is it April first?!" Joonmyeon cries his heart out. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looks at him who's currently in the kitchen counter.
 
"Hyung, what's up? Are you okay?" Kyungsoo says in concern.
 
Joonmyeon walks to them and holds the flower up high. "Wha-what is that?" Baekhyun glances at the rose, puzzled.
 
"Does anyone of you knows how a flower ended up besides me this morning?"
 
"What...?" Both the younger ones says in unison.
 
"Someone gave Hyung a rose and he doesn't know who." Sehun walks past them as he goes to the fridge to uncover a milk carton and pour it in a glass. "What's bothering him is who might give it to him and second, how did that person get in."
 
"Sounds romantically creepy." Kyungsoo shivers while holding his spatula.
 
"Definitely a stalker, if you ask me." Baekhyun shakes his head and gets his phone out. "If you want, I'll call manager Hyung to investigate about this."
 
"That's not necessary, it'll just be a bother and besides." Joonmyeon shrugs as everyone else has their focus on him. "I have to ask Jongin and Chanyeol first."
 
"Channie's still sleeping. Snoring, to be more exact." Baekhyun chuckles as he continues to go back to what he was doing before, which was cutting the tomatoes for the spaghetti sauce.
 
"Jongin's in bathroom and... Oh, here he is." Kyungsoo points with his pinky finger while still stirring the pot of his all-time favorite creations.
 
"Good morning, guys." Jongin rubs his eyes and yawns. "What is this, a meeting or something?"
 
"Do you know anything about a rose in my nightstand this morning?" Joonmyeon goes closer to him and meets his eyes.
 
"W-what?" Jongin blinks.
 
"You have to admit, Joonmyeon Hyung's question is a little bit weird for early mornings." Baekhyun whispers to Kyungsoo and they both share a chuckle together. Sehun is just their, glugging the milk out.
 
"Someone left me a rose and I don't know who and why!" Joonmyeon scratches his hair in frustration.
 
"Woah whatever that is, I have nothing to do about it." Jongin shrugs. "Now, is breakfast ready?"
 
"It will be if you help out." Kyungsoo blurts.
 
"I guess it's not yet ready." Jongin flees and decides to watch TV instead. Kyungsoo just shakes his head.
 
"I'll go check and ask Chanyeol, guys..." And with that, Joonmyeon disappears from the kitchen.
 
 
"Hello?" Joonmyeon knocks at the door and decides to just open it and come right in. Baekhyun was right. There he finds Chanyeol to be snoring and arms and legs just present randomly to any sides. He looks a mess while sleeping, like a troll sleeping in a swamp. He looks a little adorable though, and this makes Joonmyeon to chuckle softly.
 
Joonmyeon approaches him silently and kneels besides him. "Chanyeol?" To what might look like to him, which is a drool; Chanyeol sips it back to his mouth and wipe the remainings off his face with his blanket. Joonmyeon just looks at him with a grin.
 
"Please don't tell Baekhyun I stained the sheets." Chanyeol blinks, half-awake.
 
"Sure thing, man." Joonmyeon hums in delight.
 
Chanyeol looks at him deep in his eyes. It puzzles him a little because only today, the angelic leader shows up besides him.
 
"Am I dreaming?" Chanyeol says.
 
"Wh-why do you say that?"
 
"Did I say that out loud...?" He blinks.
 
"You kind of, yeah." Joonmyeon pauses for a bit and furrows his eye brows. "Wait , why did you say that again?"
 
Blushing rage just becomes present to the taller one's cheek and he was so stupid to say something like that. It was a little silly, but Chanyeol dreamed of Joonmyeon at his side when waking up so it is only normal for him to ask the other the question. He couldn't explain to him that, of course.
 
"Because I ughm... I thought it's some sort of dream because it's just, you know... A little- why are you here again, Hyung?" Chanyeol died at the shame. Luckily, he thought of a way to stop himself.
 
"Oh, right." Joonmyeon chuckles while smiling. "I was wondering if you know anything about a rose?"
 
Chanyeol just stares at him without a word. He looks lost.
 
"Yeah, because I found a rose this morning besides me... And I am a little-"
 
Chanyeol is now really lost. Joonmyeon just keeps on talking and Chanyeol is drowning with the lips that keeps on moving gracefully. He can't understand anything about the other one's speech and he can't help himself and he can't focus.
 
He's in love.
 
And he knows it but not ashamed of it. Also, not wanting for the other to know.
 
He can't help it, the way the leader shows affection and care. Chanyeol can't help his stupid feelings messing with him, in the inside.
 
Yes, it was Chanyeol that brought him the gorgeous expensive flower. It took him all ninja style last night so that no one could know what he did.
 
"Are you... listening, Chanyeol?"
 
"What...?"
 
Joonmyeon can't help but laugh. Everyone, and each of everyone, shares the same first word. "Never mind, I'll go talk to manager Hyung."
 
"Wait, why are you talking to him...?"
 
"Because Baekhyun's right, Yeol."
 
Okay, hearing Joonmyeon call him "Yeol" made his heart pump rainbows out of his heart. It only means that the leader is now comfortable with him which only could mean good news. He keeps his cool on and didn't show how happy he actually is.
 
"Wait, why is Baekhyun right again?"
 
"You're not really listening to a word that I just said, didn't you?"
 
"Ugh..." Chanyeol blinks and blushes.
 
"He told me that I should contact Manager Hyung because we might be in stake. A crazy fan might have access to our dorm."
 
Chanyeol can't have that. He can't possibly have that because cases like that might be solved, which only results that him being busted. So, he needed to lie. 
 
And fast.
 
"I ugh, I gave you that rose!!"
 
"You... did?"
 
Freaking- ... He curses himself under his breathe. Stupid!!! You needed to lie and not tell the truth!
 
"I gave you that r-rose... Which I took from a fan!!"
 
"From a fan?"
 
"From a fan, yes, from a fan!!!" Chanyeol squeals from his genius lie.
 
"U-huh, from a fan." Joonmyeon smirks as he looks at the rose again. "How, how did you get this from her?"
 
Chanyeol knew this was coming. He needed to lie more.
 
"Well ugh... I saw someone last night, I mean... I heard a knock last night. You know, outside our door. Our door, the dorm's front door, not our door like, our room's door because that's not possible because we don't even sleep together in a room, you know?"
 
Joonmyeon furrows his brows and raises it. Chanyeol thinks that he needs to get his brain back together.
 
"Anyways..." He sighs and continues. "I opened the door and she says that if I could bring the rose to his Suho Oppa. And so, I did."
 
"Woah, really? That's sweet of her, thank you for bringing this to me, Yeol!" He smiles softly and smells the rose. "She's so sweet."
 
Okay, it is an indirect message but this could only mean that Chanyeol, he himself, is the sweet one. 
 
"Yeah, he's so sweet..." Chanyeol scratches his head and blushes madly.
 
"Wait, a he you say?" Joonmyeon pauses.
 
"Oh I mean ughm..." And he pauses too to think for a second. Since he already lied about all this, he thinks of making a twist to it. He is already lying, there's no point what other lie he says. Besides, since Chanyeol is a guy, maybe he could tell him that a guy gave him the rose.
 
"Yeah, it's kind of ugh.. It was a guy that gave you that rose." Chanyeol chuckles nervously.
 
"A g-guy?" Joonmyeon is puzzled as he looks at the rose.
 
"Yeah, a guy..."
 
"A guy..."
 
"Yep, that's what I said." Chanyeol grins at that. 
 
"A guy...?"
 
"Is everything ugh... Are you bothered?" Chanyeol asks shyly. It is a really a big situation for him because he actually gave the rose and he now knows the reaction of Joonmyeon, without him knowing that it is really Chanyeol.
 
"No, just... A little surprised. Like, really surprised..."
 
"Is that a good surprise or a bad one...?" Chanyeol widens his eyes.
 
Just then, the door opens and Baekhyun pops his head out to summon them in the dining table.
 
"Breakfast! And, is everything alright in here, guys?"
 
Joonmyeon looks at Baekhyun with the rose in his hand. "This rose that I received was from a guy."
 
Baekhyun blinks at the words and looks at Chanyeol which is currently blushing.
 
Baekhyun laughs. "Was Chanyeol the guy?"
 
Joonmyeon just looks at Chanyeol which shows more red by the second.
 
 
Everybody laughs at the table while Chanyeol still is red as ever.
 
"I told you, I am the guy which only brought the rose to Suho Hyung!!!" He exhales and tries to lessen the pink shades in his cheeks.
 
"Why are you so defensive?" Jongin smirks and everyone continues to laugh. Chanyeol just curls his fist into a ball from the anger.
 
"Jongin!!! Stop being a naughty boy and eat your spaghetti." Kyungsoo pouts at him.
 
"Yeah, stop picking on Chanyeol, Kai." Joonmyeon rubs circles behind Chanyeol's back as he is sitted just next to him. "But can you believe it guys? A rose, from a fanboy?"
 
"Can't blame people for how y we are." Jongin flips his wavy hair.
 
"What'll you do with the rose, Hyung? Will you keep it?" Sehun slurps his spaghetti as he asks. This made Chanyeol all ears to what Joonmyeon will say.
 
"Of course, it's not bad that you look up to someone." Chanyeol exhales with a smile by hearing those words. "But it's a little off why he had me a rose rather than something else."
 
"Gay." Jongin nods and looks at his nails.
 
"He's not gay!!" Chanyeol blurts out. The moment he did, immediately he take that back. "Ughm..." Everyone looks at him with brows raised. "When I saw him!!! He didn't look gay..." He sweats.
 
"I remember a fanboy complimented me how hot I look." Baekhyun narrates. "I told him an awkward thank you and he threw me a flying kiss."
 
"Why are you telling us this...?" Chanyeol bites his lip from nervousness.
 
"I'm just saying that, fans can be of any gender."
 
"Yeah, you're right. Let's not be biased. We should thank them that they are a fan." Kyungsoo nods while everyone listens.
 
"Kyungsoo's right." Joonmyeon smiles at him. "Hey, Chanyeol."
 
Chanyeol turns his head toward's him. "W-what...?"
 
"Next time you saw him, tell me. I want to say thank you."