Prologue

A Rose Like an Angel

 

"Oppa, this is for you..."
 
"Thank you, you didn't have to." Chanyeol smiles very brightly as he takes the rose from a fan girl. His smile is too bright, lucky that the fan isn't creeped out.
 
He had to say, the rose is very beautiful. It's like, it is grown with extreme care. The thorns are already gone and the smell is booming with fragrance. It's unfortunate that it'll wilt soon. It will go to a waste. Chanyeol pouts at that.
 
At the corner, Chanyeol leans to his back to see the leader which is at the other corner of the table. They are currently having a fan sign. There he is, smiling at the fans. Shaping hearts at the album and marking it with perfection using black ink. Chanyeol just close his eyes slowly and dreams. Suho is so breathe-taking.
 
"Oppa? Could you sign mine, please."
 
"Aaah, yes of course."
 
 
Chanyeol is in love madly. He can't help it, he just is. It is like a curse. It's not actually his fault. He remembers it all; the thing they both had before.
 
It was a day wherein they where dancing on stage. The crowd was cheering loudly and they just finished performing.
 
Do you know how hot it is under the spotlights? It's burning your skin and Chanyeol's soaked with sweat. The worse part is, you can't wipe it off because your make-up might get mushed. So you have to embrace the icky mess.
 
Chanyeol was fanning himself, believing it will ease the discomfort. Suho approached him and wiped his sweat very slowly with his hand.
 
"Chanyeol, are you okay? Great dancing, by the way."
 
Chanyeol just skipped a heart beat.
 
It was another day yet a very memorable one. They were eating inside SM Ent. Building and it was no ordinary dinner.
 
He remembers it all. Suho slicing his steak. Suho giving him a glass of water. Suho chuckling at him. Suho staring at him for a complete 5 seconds. Suho talking to him. And.... Suho smiling at him.
 
He is damn in love and he can't help him. Until one day.
 
"Chanyeol, what're you doing up here?"
 
"Just relaxing." He smiles.
 
"Don't take too long, we have a full day tomorrow."
 
"Thanks for looking out for me, Hyung! I will."
 
"Alright, goodnight." Then he tip-toes to give him a goodnight peck on the cheek.
 
"..."
 
And there he was left as a tomato.