Blind Dates & Medications

Love Filled With Maladies
Present time...
 
**Hyo Jin's POV**
 
Today was like any other day, not so busy nor too slow. 
 
"Hyo Jin, get table 8." Our manager said the moment he walked to the break room.
 
I stood up and grabbed my notepad to write down orders as I head out to table 8.
 
"Hi. My name is Hyo Jin and I will be your waitress. Is there anything I can get for you right now?" I formally asked the couple.
 
It took them a few minutes before they began their orders. 
 
"Alright. I'll be back with your orders." I smiled then walked back to the kitchen.
 
"Two orders of Creamy Italian Spaghetti!" I informed the cooks and they began banging pots and pans.
 
I came back to our break room and my friend Eun Ji was on her phone like always. I took a seat next to her and yet she haven't realized my presence. My head was pounding and I was feeling really drowsy so I laid my head down.

"Oh! Hyo Jin!" She let out a soft laugh as she finally realized that I existed.
 
"What's wrong?" She asked as she brought her eyes back to her phone.
 
"I keep having this vision or dream-like thought of myself when I was still a child but I can't really remember what I saw." I shook my head and my friend furrowed her eyebrows.

"Don't you always have those 'vision dream-like thing' once in a while though?" She asked like it was nothing new she has heard.

"But it's different now. It seems to be blurry nowadays when I think about it. It even gives me headaches." I shut my eyes and lightly pat my forehead.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded as the pain in my head increased.
 
"Hyo Jin, the orders are done." One of the cooks informed me at the door.

"I'm coming." I said as I stood up from my seat.
 
Each step I took increased the speed of the pounding in my head. I felt something running down my nose and felt it. The warm blood painted my fingertips then my vision became very cloudy. The last thing I could recall was Eun Ji calling my name.

 
**Jaejoong's POV**
 
After several meetings, I went back to my office to look through new files and paper works. My secretary brought in two new project files to me for the upcoming collaboration with my cousin's new fashion line.
 
"Son." My mother walked in without knocking on the door.
 
I didn't bother to look up since I knew why she was here.
 
"I don't want to go if they all look the same to me." I said as I looked through my papers.
 
"Well this one might be different. I purposely chose her because she doesn't look like the past girls." My mother said and seated herself on one of my couches.
 
"Here. Take this picture and make sure you find this girl when you go to the blind date. Understand?" My mother asked making sure I understood her clearly.
 
"Mother, I have plenty of papers to look through. I don't have time for blind dates anymore." I bluntly told her as I continue to scan through my papers.
 
"Then what is the use for Assistant Park then?  I didn't hire her to keep you entertained." My mother crossed her legs.
 
"I don't use her to entertain me. There are many things that requires my decision, not hers unless you want me to stop running this business and let Assitant Park make all decisions." I looked up to my mother and she fixed her antique diamond ring.
 
"Alright then. I'll just tell Mi Young to come here instead." She placed her hands on her lap.
 
"I don't know her so I don't want her to come here to bother me as I go through my papers. " I stated and placed my papers in its folder.
 
"Son---"
 
"Mother, I apologize but I have numerous of contracts to sign and papers to read. If you don't mind I won't you to the door. Just leave the picture with my secretary if that will satisfy you." I told her expecting her to leave at once but instead she opened her Louis Vuitton purse and pulled out an envelope.
 
"It's fine. I'll leave the picture here. The date is today at 5 pm. I already asked your secretary if you had any meetings during that time and she said you had none so don't be late." She instructed then left my office.
 
I stopped reading my papers and eyed the envelope my mother placed in front of me for a while. I reached over for the envelope then took out the picture. The girl in the picture has a nice ivory complexion. Her smile with soft pink lips was full of happiness and her eyes curved like gorgeous crescents. The color of her hair was a natural brown and it ran down to her elbows. I turned the picture around and there some information of this girl.
 
Her name is Jung Mi Young. She is 23 years old and is currently majoring in international business. Her father owns a jewelry company in Canada and here, South Korea. She is trilingual (English, Korean and French).
 
It was like reading a novel when I saw how much more I needed to read. The date is today so I don't need to know much besides her name and a little history about her, that's it.
 
I organized my papers on my desk then left my office to the location of the date. When I arrived at the restaurant, I got out of my car and prepared to walk inside when someone seems to be calling me from somewhere so I looked around.
 
"Jaejoong oppa!"
 
"Oppa~!" A girl with a childish voice waved from far away and was running towards me.
 
"Oppa." She hugged my arms and I looked down to her with a extremely cold face.
 
"Who are you?" I asked as I pulled my arm from her hug.
 
"Oppa, it's me Bora, your cousin." She smiled and pointed to herself.
 
I suspiciously eyed her since this girl looked nothing like Bora. Bora has long silky straight hair and dresses like an old English doll. This mysterious girl has a voluminous bob cut and she has golden blonde highlights in her hair. Her style was pretty edgy and she was taller due to her heels she is wearing now.
 
"Oh right. I forgot that you..." She finally reminded herself as she nodded.
 
"I what?" I asked and she let out a fake laugh.
 
"Nothing. Nothing." She waved her hands with her eyes and lips smiling at me.
 
"Oppa, look. See, remember when you gave me this bracelet for my 16th birthday?" The girl dangled her bracelet in front of me.
 
I let out a relief sigh as Bora showed her "identity" piece to me. Because of my condition, Bora told me that she'll always wear her bracelet so if she ever change her looks, she'll show me her bracelet and I'll know that it's her. It was like a usual thing between us.
 
It all began when I was four, the time when my mother realized something strange about me. Sometimes I would glare at my family members or be rude to them then I would get in time-out for being bad. My parents thought it was a bipolar disorder so they took me in for a check up but found out that I was diagnosed with Fregoli delusion. It was strange since no one in my family line has ever been diagnosed with Fregoli delusion. Since then I received treatments but they never really help so I stopped attending my treatments. They were a waste of money and time.
 
So back to Bora... She is the one and only daughter of my second oldest uncle. Bora is attempting to be successful in the fashion industry because that is all she knows best. The president's daughter probably knows how to cook, clean and has more common sense than Bora. After all, I grew up with Bora so I was used to her bubbly personality and lack of common sense.
 
"You always look different each time I see you. New hair color. New fashion style. New everything." I said as I examined my cousin.
 
"Of course! I'm a fashion designer now. Fashion is my passion." She still had her smile on her face.
 
"Well I don't like to be late for my blind date so take care when you leave back." I said and she looked like a surprised puppy.
 
"Blind date? Isn't this the 20th time? Geez, auntie really wants you to get marry, huh?" Bora questioned me and herself.
 
"I'm leaving." I ignored her comment then was about to walk away when Bora grabbed my arm.
 
"Oppa!" She said and I turned back a little.
 
"Can I... go see how she looks like?" She asked in a nervous but excited voice.
 
"Why would you want to see her?" I asked.
 
"Umm because... Because I need to make sure she matches you!" Bora reasoned then let go of my arm as she stood with confidence.
 
I sighed and looked away, thinking of how I can get rid of her before I become any later to my blind date.
 
"It's okay. Tae Yang said he wanted to see you anyways." I lied and her eyes lit up with stars.
 
"Tae Yang oppa?" She gasped and I nodded.
 
"Well oppa, it was nice seeing you. Bye!"  She waved then ran back to wherever she came from.
 
I shook my head with a soft chuckle then looked at my watch and I was five minutes late to the date, all thanks to Bora. With no further a due, I walked inside the restaurant and a waitress greeted me.
 
"Hello. How many people, sir?" She politely asked with a innocent smile.
 
"I reserved a private room under the name of Kim Jaejoong." I said and she nod her head.
 
"This way, please." She motioned then led the way to my private room.
 
All the blind dates my mother have set up for me were located in a private room. If I was to find my blind date in a crowd, I would look like an idiot standing as I search for my blind date. It was all for my own good and confusion issues.
 
The waitress extended her arm gesturing to my private room and I went in to take a seat.
 
"Would you like to order, sir?" The waitress asked.
 
"I'm waiting for someone. I'll began ordering when my person arrives." I informed her and she politely bowed then walked out.
 
As I waited, I took out the picture again. For no reason, I carefully looked at every detail on her face. She had gorgeous eyes and I could imagine the sound of her soft voice. She might be a gentle girl but usually rich girls are really obnoxious and acts like babies. As my observation got deeper and longer, I realized that I've seen this girl before but I can't remember.
 
Where have I seen her?
 
 
LATER...
 
 
**Hyo Jin's POV**
 
 I woke up in the hospital with cords around me. My unni told me that I was unconscious for five hours. I couldn't feel no energy or strength in me the moment I woke up like I was paralyzed. We stayed in the hospital for another two hours. The doctor finally came to release me home after giving me some warnings and prescriptions. After leaving the hospital, we arrived to our apartment and my unni helped me up the stairs. The feeling of being home embraced me with happiness that I can relax.
 
"Did you want something to eat?" My unni asked and I shook my head.
 
"Are you sure? You haven't ate since noon." She asked with a worried face.
 
"I'm fine, unni. I just want to rest." I told her and she gave me an understanding nod.
 
"I'll get you a cup of water so you can take your medication before you go rest." She gave me a warm smile then left to get me a cup of water.
 
"Unni..." I said in a gloomy voice when she came back.
 
"Yes?" She asked.
 
I looked at my medications and let out a sigh. Medications has became a part of my daily routine. I wanted a normal life without medications, check-ups, therapy and fainting. Everything felt like boredom from waiting in line for a roller coaster ride. Patience isn't easy but rushing isn't going to make anything easier or better. I guess all I have left is appreciating the good things that I can have in my life now and my unni.
 

 

 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Author's Note:
 
I tried hard to make the second chapter as interesting as possible but hopefully as the story continues, you won't get bored. I know I will have typos and grammar errors but at least you understand the chapters, we should all be good, right? Haha. Sorry for no teasers. I don't have the third chapter planned out yet but look forward to the next chapter !! (:
 
Subscribe & Comment! Thanks ! (: