A Ring

Love Filled With Maladies
18 years ago...
 
Little Hyo Jin was dressed in a colorful floral summer dress with her smooth dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail. She joyfully skipped as she held her mother's hand walking towards the entrance of the hospital.
 
"Honey, behave, okay?" Her mother bent down and smiled at Hyo Jin.
 
"Okay, mommy." Hyo Jin nod with her eyes and lips smiling at her mother.
 
Her mother softly patted Hyo Jin's head then they continue their way in to the hospital.
 
"Good afternoon. How may I help you?" The nurse at the front desk greeted them.
 
"Hi. I am here to see Doctor Park." The mother replied.
 
"And your name?" The nurse asked.
 
"Lee Hyu Mi." The mother answered.
 
The nurse typed the name in the system then after a few seconds she looked at the mother.
 
"It's a appointment for Lee Hyo Jin, correct?" The nurse asked and the mother gently nod her head.
 
"Alright. Please fill out this form and you can seat over by those seats." She handed some forms to the mother and motioned them to the seats not far away from the front desk.

"Thank you. Come on, honey." The mother walked away with Hyo Jin.
 
It didn't take long until a nurse came to announce Hyo Jin and her mother. They both stood up and followed the nurse to the doctor's office.
 
"Doctor Park will be with you shortly." The nurse informed the mother.
 
"Thank you." The mother thanked then the nurse smiled before leaving the room.
 
"Mommy, I want to go play." Hyo Jin slightly tug her mother's dress.
 
"Are you going to behave?" The mother crooked one eye at Hyo Jin as she knew Hyo Jin is a wanderer.
 
"Yes I will behave, mommy." Hyo Jin grinned and her beautiful eyes shined at her mother.
 
"Okay, sweetie. Don't be wandering too much." The mother reminded Hyo Jin as she jumped off her seat and got on her two feet.
 
"Okay, mommy." Hyo Jin nod then left to the play room, which was only a few doors down the hall.
 
Hyo Jin's mother shook her head as she appreciate how adventurous Hyo Jin loves to be. Still stuck in her thoughts, there was a knock at the door. Doctor Park came in and greeted the mother.
 
"Hi, Mrs. Lee. How's little Hyo Rin?" He asked as he made his way to his chair.
 
"She still wanders around and talks to the empty air. Some days she seems fine like a normal kid but other days, she scares little kids when she giggles to herself due to her imaginations. I know my daughter's condition is not that serious and I really hope it isn't. I don't want outsiders to view her as a disabled or mentally chanllenge child because I know she can be like a normal kid just that..." Hyo Jin's mother stopped and let out a disappointed sigh.
 
"I understand Mrs. Lee but Hyo Jin's condition is slowing getting better. She'll have to come in once a month for therapy. It's to help her accept realistic things instead of believing that they are just her imagination." The doctor informed Hyo Jin's mother.
 
"It's not going to be difficult if Hyo Jin is willing to face the facts that certain things are actually real and some things are just her thoughts. Don't let her stress too much so she won't have thoughts in her head. Let her go explore and have fun. I'm sure as she grows older and gets to see more of the real world, she'll be just fine." The doctor assured her for the millionth time.
 
Hyo Jin's mother sighed since there were no magical miracle or spell or even a simple cure to help her daughter. She was growing tired of the glucose shots Hyo Jin had to take. It was like an surgical operation just to give Hyo Jin her glucose shots because she is afraid of needles. The nurses had to put Hyo Jin to sleep then continue with the procedure. Not only was the glucose shot a pain in the eye but Hyo Jin doesn't have much friends because she "talks to herself". The mother strive for help but like the doctor said, it is up to Hyo Jin to help herself as time goes by.
 
"Alright." The mother finally said then after a few more talks, the mother left the doctor's office to the playroom.
 
As the mother walked closer to the playroom, she could hear Hyo Jin talking. Possibly talking to herself again.
 
"Promise?" The little girl brightly smiled.
 
"Honey, who are you talking to?" Hyo Jin's mother walked in the room and knelt down.
 
Little Hyo Jin sealed her lips as she was afraid to tell the truth. Her mother smiled softly and caress little Hyo Jin's hair.
 
"It must be one of your imaginary friends again." The mother let out a upset sigh but still smiled.
 
"Come on. Your daddy must be waiting for us now." Her mother grabbed Hyo Jin and walked out.
 
They arrived at the car and Hyo Jin's father smiled at them.
 
"How's my little Hyo Jin?" Her father asked in a cheerful voice even though he knew the news wasn't going to be something new or exciting.
 
"The doctor said she is slowing getting better but she'll have to come in for therapy once a month." Her mother told the father.

On the side, Hyo Jin was playing with something and it caught her mother's eyes.
 
"Hyo Jin, what is that?" She asked and Hyo Jin looked up as she cupped the item in her tiny hands.
 
"Honey, what is it?" Her mother asked in a softer voice.
 
Hyo Jin opened her hands and there was a gold ring in her palms.
 
 
"Honey, how did you get this?"
 
"I found it." Hyo Jin told her mother.
 
"Can I see it?" Her mother asked and Hyo Jin handed it over.
 
Her mother examined the ring and it was no ordinary ring. It was probably a engagement or wedding ring since there was a name craved inside. It was gold with interesting designs and a diamond probably a 40 karat.
 
"Jung Yuna." Her mother read the name.
 
Hyo  Jin looked at her mother and she handed the ring back. She smiled at Hyo Jin and kissed her head as she shrugged off the thoughts of the ring.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Teasers:
 
 

"I keep having this vision or dream-like thought of myself when I was still a child but I can't really remember what I saw." I shook my head and my friend furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Don't you always have that 'vision dream-like thing' once in a while though?" She asked like it was nothing new she has heard.

 

"But it's different now. It seems to be blurry nowadays when I think about it. It even gives me a headaches." I shut my eyes and lightly pat my forehead.

 

~~~~

 

"Oppa~!" A girl with a childish voice waved from far away and was running towards me.

 

"Oppa." She hugged my arms and I looked down to her with a extremely cold face.

 

"Who are you?" I asked as I pulled my arm from her hug.

 

"Oppa, it's me Bora, your cousin." She smiled and pointed to herself.

 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Author's Note:
 
Finally my very first chapter of this story. I have thought long and hard for a title and I hope it fits the story overall. I haven't had time to make a poster yet but if anyone would like to make me one, feel free and thank you ! (:
 
Subscribe & Comment! Thanks ! ♥