2/2

It's Not Real, Baby

 VJin continued to be all lovey-dovey the following week. And as cliché as any drama or story, Yoongi overheard the conversation between Taehyung and Jin one night when they were back in the dorm.

 Everyone was in the living room watching some horror movie that Jungkook found in God-know-where.

 Horror films were like comedies to Yoongi actually. Every time the group watched horror together, Yoongi would laugh like there was no tomorrow when he saw the bloody bodies and zombies and and no face ghosts and all those supposed-to-be-scary stuffs. But after all the unapproved looks the others threw at him, he decided to keep his mouth shut this time. But after some scenes, he couldn’t hold it in anymore and had to get up and went to his room to ease his mind.

 As he walked through the corridor while still giggling, he passed Jin and Jungkook’s shared room. He remembered Jin and Taehyung weren’t in the living room with them as he heard Jin’s voice on the other side of the door.

 Was Taehyung in there?

 He couldn’t help but walked back and came closer to the door.

 “Taehyung ah, I have something to say.” A faint voice echoed from the other side and Yoongi realized it was Jin’s. The seriousness of the other’s tone made him grimace. So Taehyung was here.

 “Yeah?” Taehyung’s voice made him even more curious.

 “I like you, a lot.”

 Yoongi’s eyes widened. So Jin did like Taehyung. That explained all the lovey-dovey things they did together the past week. Everything was hitting him now.

 “I –”

 The little glint of hope in him weakly increased as he heard the hesitation in Taehyung’s voice. What was he hoping for anyway? For Taehyung to reject Jin?

 But everything crashed on him when he heard the youngest of the three’s next statement.

 “I like you too.”

 Not only heart broken, he felt angry. And oh how he hated himself for that. He deserved this, for being so unreasonable and selfish and…

 For letting the faith invade too much space in his heart.

 He didn’t know what to do anymore. How could he forget this unwanted feeling? Who was he kidding, he couldn’t. He couldn’t forget just like that. He couldn’t forget just because he wanted to. His eyes began to water as he unconsciously his heels and dashed for the dorm’s front door. The sound of the unintentional door slamming startled the boys in the living room, making them turn their head toward the source of the noise.

 “What was that?” Jimin was the first to speak.

 “Did someone leave?” Hoseok followed.

 

 While inside Jin’s room right after Yoongi left, the two boys burst into laughter while clutching their stomachs.

 “OH MY GAWD I CAN’T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT.” Jin rolled crazily on his bed, accidently kicked Taehyung off to the ground.

 The younger didn’t actually mind or noticed this as he was laughing so hard.

 “I KNOW RIGHT! OH GOD I’M GONNA DIE. HOW DID YOU EVEN THINK OF THAT?!”

 “DUDE YOU EVEN PLAYED ALONG!”

 “OKAY I THINK WE SHOULD STOP SHOUTING OR THE OTHERS WILL THINK SOMETHING HAPPENED.”

 “YOU’RE STILL SHOUTING OH GAWD 'I LIKE YOU TOO' WHAT THE WAS THAT.”

 “WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT THE WAS THAT MISTER TAEHYUNG-AH-I-HAVE-SOMETHING-TO-SAY gosh my tummy.”

 They were both gasping for air as the laughter slowly died down. When they were finally in their normal states again, Jin spoke up.

 “I’m thinking of saying that in our next fansign. What do you think?” Jin said while whipping the sweats on his forehead with the back of his hand.

 “Cool. Fans will love it.” The younger one shrugged.

 Nobody was saying anything as they enjoyed the comforting silence. And again, it was Jin who broke it.

 “So… How are things?”

 “What do you mean?” Taehyung asked, a little confused.

 “You know… Things with Yoongi.” The elder motioned his head at a random direction.

 “Nothing much I guess.” The younger shrugged again. “At least on his side. My feeling for him is getting stronger though.” He finished with a sigh.

 “You should tell him you know.”

 “I was, and I am going to tell him. It just–” He paused. “I just don’t know how.”

 “Then find a way head! You’re so dump I swear.”

 “It’s not easy you know!” He smacked the elder’s hanging leg with his foot as he was sitting on the floor. “I would tell him right away if I had the courage.”

 “Oh, so you’re just a scaredy cat.” Jin said sarcastically, crossing his arms.

 “I swear I’ll kill you if I can. And I’m not even using past sentence.” The younger death glared.

 “No Taehyung I’m not saying that just so you can find a reason to kill me. Seriously just tell him. Just stand in front of him and say something like ‘I like you’ and all those cheesy s I don’t care. Just.Tell.Him.” Jin said desperately, if not begged.

 “But, what if he doesn’t feel the same? What do I do then? I didn’t hope for him to return my feeling before. But now if he doesn’t, I think I might die Jin.” Taehyung looked straight into the elder’s eyes, trying to find a solution. Any solution.

 “Then it’ll be his loss.” Jin said and smiled softly at the younger. “You’re a good guy Taehyung, I know that. Everybody knows that. And I don’t think Yoongi is an exception. But if he does reject you Taehyung, don’t think of it as a bad thing. I know it knowing your crush not liking you back but, think of it as an experience. Or a memory, a great, sweet memory and oh my gawd I don’t even know how I even came up with that. God bless my perfect brain.” Jin shook his head proudly after finishing his speech.

 “He’s even more than a crush, way more than that I’m afraid, hyung.” The younger chuckled. “But thanks, I’ll tell him.”

 They sat like that for a while until Taehyung suddenly stood up, making the elder almost land on his back in surprise.

 “Wow what the man?”

 “You know what?”

 “Uh… What? I’m not as smart as everyone thought so don’t give clues please.”

 “I’m going to confess, right now.”

 “Oh. OH! That’s what I’m talking about!” A proud smile spread on Jin’s face as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “Go get him sunshine.” He said while dramatically whipping an imaginary tear under his eye.

 “Oh god. You’re making things worse and I think I’m changing my mind.”

 “No. NO.YOUARENOT.CHANGING.YOUR.MIND.TAEHYUNG.” Jin demanded.

 “Sheese I’m just kidding. No need to be bossy.” Taehyung chuckled but then smiled greatfully. “Thanks anyway hyung. I owe you big time.”

 “Oh you’ll get to repay me, don’t worry.”

 

 Taehyung went out of Jin’s room with a pounding heart. He was finally going to do this. He didn’t find Yoongi in the latter’s room so he went to the living room to find the others watching some movie.

 But Yoongi was nowhere to be seen.

 “Have you guys seen Yoongi hyung?”

 “I thought he was still sitting here- oh. Well he isn’t now.” Namjoon realized the other was no longer sitting beside him. “I heard someone open the door earlier. Guess it was him.”

 “He went out at this hour?” He raised a brow while glancing at the clock. “It passed 11:30.”

 “I guess he had something urgent. He’ll be back soon.”

 

It was 12:30 in the morning and Yoongi still hadn’t been back. Taehyung sat anxiously on the couch, waiting for the elder to come home. He told the others to go to bed so he could have some alone time with Yoongi and well, do what he had to do.

 But how could Yoongi not be back at this late hour? Was his plan a failure? Was he going to have to throw all of the courage that he tried so hard to gain into Han River? Hell, he didn’t even know if he could do this tomorrow. Well, practically it was tomorrow already, but you get what he meant. He just had to do it now. But where was Yoongi?

 He glanced at the clock again. Another half an hour passed.

 “Where the hell is he?” He grimaced while anxiously tapping his fingers on the table and after another 15 minutes, he started to get worry.

 Couldn’t be able to wait anymore, he grabbed his jacket and decided to go out.

 

 Yoongi slammed the door shut and just let his feet take him to wherever. He stopped on his track when he realized he had put on the wrong shoe. And oh how coincident it was, the wrong one was Taehyung’s.

 “I’m so not at the age to be this emotional.” He angrily told himself.

 He brought his sleeve to his eyes and whipped them hardly, trying to stop the annoying tears.

 “ this. I didn’t know about his feeling before and I’m feeling angry. He didn’t even do anything wrong.” He muttered and accidently bumped into some guy.

 “Hey watch where you’re going you son of a !”

 Fortunately, the guy, who seemed to be drunk, just staggered away before throwing a serial of curses.

 “I suppose to be at a river drinking beer at times like this.” Yoongi sniffed as he sat down on an empty sidewalk.

 Unfortunately, beer wasn’t his favorite thing in the world and he wouldn’t risk being freeze to death going to the river at a whether like this. He pressed his two palms on his eyes, trying to calm himself.

 I shouldn’t be this upset.

 He needed to get over this. But how? Now that he knew about Taehyung’s true feeling, he just wanted to blame the younger for everything. If he felt that way toward Jin, why did he still do the skinship with him? Not just once, he did it so many times. So many times that Yoongi only got more and more confident, and now he was suddenly left all disappointed and awful and hurt. He couldn’t believe he even thought the other would actually like him back. That was so stupid. He saw those things Jin and Taehyung did together and yet he still hoped.

 Hell, he didn’t even intend to tell Taehyung about this.

 What was wrong with him? Was he too blind? Too blindly in love?

 What am I going to do? It hurts too much.

 He didn’t know when this feeling got so strong, now it was eating him up inside. He didn’t prepare for this.

 “Hyung?”

 “Gosh I even hear his voice now.” He mumbled tiredly while replacing his palms with his knees and wrapping his arms around his head.

 “Hyung.”

 He lifted his head to the source of the sound and when the voice rang again and the beautiful face he adored so much, the face of the person responsible for all of these sufferings he was going through, appeared into sight, he realized it wasn’t his imagination.

 “Why are you sitting here? It’s late and it’s cold.” Taehyung gave out a relief sigh and slowly approached the elder.

 “Why do you care?” He regretted as soon as the words slipped out of his mouth and mentally slapped himself for being so unreasonable. He turned his head away and stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

 Taehyung stopped on his track at this and frowned at the elder in confusion.

 “Why wouldn’t I?” He asked back, wondering what had gotten into Yoongi. “You’re mad at me. Did I do something wrong?”

 “I’m sorry!” Yoongi brought his knees to his face again and groaned against them. “You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m sorry.”

 Confusion only grew bigger and bigger in Taehyung’s mind.

 “O-Okay?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Then what’s wrong?”

 Silence.

 “Well, are you gonna answer me?” He pushed. He wanted to know what was wrong. He wanted to know what he did wrong. Yoongi was obviously mad at him.

 “There’s nothing to answer Taehyung.” The elder lifted his head again and looked ahead into nothing before suddenly standing up. “We should go back.”

 Only now did Taehyung get the full view of Yoongi’s face. His eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks looked like they got rubbed hard. And he remembered the other’s husky voice earlier.

 “Hey wait did you cry?” He asked in surprise.

 Yoongi’s eyes widened at this and reflexively looked at the younger’s face but then quickly looked away.

 “N-No. Why do you think that?” Yoongi said as he started walking away while bringing his sleeve to his cheek to clean a stray tear with Taehyung trailing behind distantly.

 “Oh please, I have eyes and ears hyung.” The younger said matter of fact. “What’s wrong?”

 The elder of the two kept walking. He didn’t know how to explain this.

 “Min Yoongi, are you gonna answer me?”

 He wanted to, but nothing left his mouth. He was scared.

 “Are you ignoring me hyung?” When he was still not receiving any respond, the younger sighed in defeat. “Come on hyung. I know you’re mad at me. Tell me what I did wrong.”

 Yoongi kept walking and kept his mouth shut.

 Taehyung was so frustrated right now; he could have pulled his own hair right then and there or banged his head onto whatever could chase the frustration away. He now certainly knew one thing, obviously; he hated it when Yoongi ignored him. The elder had never done this before, which irritated him even more. Yoongi had done everything but ignoring him. He’d better have a good reason for this, Taehyung thought.

 “Hyung seriously, if you don’t tell me what’s wrong I’ll –”

 “You made me like you!” Yoongi stopped walking and clenched his fists while still having his back faced Taehyung. “You made me like you dammit!” He shouted again and his voice cracked as he kept talking. “And I know I’m being ing stupid so please… Please leave me alone.” He quietly begged before continuing his steps again.

 Taehyung couldn’t believe the elder had just said that. Min Yoongi had just confessed just right after he had the courage to do the same (he was supposed to confess first dammit!). He hoped, yeah, but even in his wildest dream he had never expected it to come true. Had Yoongi been feeling the same as he had all these times? And he didn’t even realize it. The strange behaviors of the other every time he was around started making sense now. He was so stupid, so retarded, so dump. He couldn’t believe it had come true.

 A smile naturally made its way to his lips and when he realized he had been frozen for too long, Yoongi was way ahead of him. He quickly caught up with the other and when he was only half a meter away from Yoongi, he stopped.

 “I like you too.” He breathed while smiling like a retard.

 Rob him, beat him, cut his TV cable for a month, hell, make it a year, he didn’t even care anymore. He was just too happy to. The words made Yoongi dead on the spot.

 How could he say that when… Is he playing with me?

 The thought made Yoongi turn back to face Taehyung. Taehyung’s smile immediately disappeared when he saw the elder’s angry expression.

 “You’re such a liar you know that? Is this even funny to you?”

 “I –”Taehyung was taken aback by the elder’s attitude. “What do you mean?”

 “Oh please Taehyung. You’re better than this.” Yoongi chuckled bitterly. “Don’t play with me, it doesn’t work anymore.” He said, turning on his heels and started walking again, though in a faster speed.

 What’s he talking about? Why does he think I was lying? I will never lie to him, ever. He should know that.

 He caught up with Yoongi again, closing their distance and grabbed the latter’s wrist.

 “Wait Yoongi, I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 Yoongi tried to jerk away but the younger’s grip was too strong. In the end he gave up.

 “Let me go Taehyung.”

 “No unless you tell me.”

 “Tell you what Taehyung?” Yoongi threw his other arm up in frustration. “You know it better than anyone else does.”

 Taehyung just frowned at Yoongi in confusion as he couldn’t find any clue about what to say.

 The silence somehow calmed Yoongi down as he took a deep breath, deciding to just get to the point. If Taehyung wanted to continue messing with him, he definitely wouldn’t let the younger satisfied.

 “I know you like Jin hyung. And I know I was being stupid for not realizing it in the first place so…” He breathed in shakily. “So please, stop messing around. It’s not funny.”

 “So that’s the problem…”

 “Don’t say as if it was nothing!” Yoongi snapped. “Knowing it was an unrequited love is enough, I don’t need you to mess with me anymore.”

 “Who said Jin and I were even together?!” Taehyung cut in incredulously, wondering where the hell the elder had heard the information.

 What the hell is Yoongi saying?

 “I heard you Taehyung! Jin said he liked you and you said you liked him back! It’s as obvious as daylight. Do you think you can stop fooling me now?” Yoongi stared at the younger and when he saw the younger’s mouth parted, he actually expected to hear some explanations. But in the end it was just left hanging like a fish out of water.

 “I knew it.” He chuckled hurtfully while shaking his head. “I shouldn’t have told you in the first place. I should have just kept my mouth shut.” He looked into Taehyung's eyes for the last time before finally successfully jerking his wrist away from the younger’s grip.

 As Yoongi started making his way, he silently hoped that special someone would somehow stop him. Something, anything.

 A voice, a footstep, a tap on the shoulder.

 Just anything. He didn’t want to leave with such heavy heart. If Taehyung was really playing with him, all he needed was a proper apology. Just an apology and he would let it go. He would forget it. Or at least he would try. Taehyung didn’t know he was being cruel for giving Yoongi such hope all this time. Though it was only like dim lights.

 Just apologize, and Yoongi would try to live this down.

 On the other hand, Taehyung was as lost as ever at what to think of. Where did Yoongi hear that? He was too busy rummaging through his memory that he didn’t realize his hand had loosened and the elder’s wrist had slipped out of his grip.

 Did he… Oh.

 Finally it hit him.

 He was upset because of that?

 The situation would have been hilarious to Taehyung, but he couldn’t bring himself to laugh when Yoongi was in that state. He had got to make this clear.

 Yoongi had gone quite far already, but still hadn’t been out of sight. He was slightly taken aback seeing no one before him when he got out of his daze. Letting his eyes trailing around the surrounding looking for a certain someone, he finally spotted the slump shoulders which were getting smaller and smaller.

 Wasting no time, he quickly ran after the elder.

 Just right after Yoongi had given up hoping, he was standing in front of a gasping and exhausted Taehyung. The younger’s hands were on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

 “Gosh… I’ve got to stop gluing my eyes on the… computer screen wa…watching anime all my… free… time.”

 Yoongi started stepping aside in attempt to go past the younger but Taehyung grabbed his shoulders and held him back.

 “Wait! Just hear me out okay?” The younger said while breathing heavily.

 Yoongi just stayed still after that, and Taehyung was thankful for it.

 “It’s not like what you think hyung. Jin hyung and I were just fooling around and I don’t know how far you heard our conversation but, what you had heard was not true in any part.” His breath slowly came back to normal.

 When the elder didn’t seem like he would say anything, or didn’t know what to say to be precise, he continued.

 “And I was about to tell you this thing about Jin and V at the day of the fanmeeting when…” He scratched the back of his neck embarrassingly. “…when I helped you put on the shoes.”

 The memory rushed back to Yoongi, making his face growing hot. He silently thanked the dim street lights.

 “The thing is… Manager hyung wanted us to, uh, persuade… Aghh I don’t even know the word…” He mumbled the last sentence.

 After a while of struggling with his words, Taehyung took a deep breath.

 “Manager hyung told us to make VJin as real as possible because fans would love it you know and how can we say no to them because it’s fans hyung and I hate to say this but they practically feed us and I also love them so much and I would do anything to make them happy and Jin and I were just messing around 'cause we're planing of saying that at our next fansign–” He stopped when he was out of breath. “Please Yoongi tell me you understood ‘cause that costed plenty of breath and it’ll be horrible if I damage my voice now ‘cause seriously hyung I won’t be able to stop if –”

 He was cut short when he felt something soft pressed against his lips. But before he could close his eyes to enjoy the pleasant feeling, it left as sudden as it came.

 For the sake of anime, Yoongi kissed him.

 Before he could say anything, Yoongi brought his hands up to cover his own flushed face and muffled through them.

 “Pffam pffory!”

 “I’m sorry what?” An amused smirk made its way on the younger’s lips.

 “I’m sorry!” The elder removed his palms to talk but then instantly put them back on as he squatted on the ground.

 Taehyung chuckled quietly (seriously, he could do that) and followed Yoongi’s action so they were at face level.

 “You’re sorry for kissing me?”

 When he didn’t get any answer, he took both of Yoongi’s hands in his and showed the now still flushed-as-ever face. He chuckled again when the elder tried to avoid eye contact.

 “That’s a little offend you know. It’s like kissing me .”

 “No!” Yoongi answered a little too quick as he snapped his head back to face Taehyung. “I mean... I’m sorry for kissing you so sudden. Gosh I’m so ungainly.” He lowered his head in embarrassment.

 “You’re only sorry for that?” The younger teased. Yoongi would get it for giving him such hard time.

 As expected, Yoongi really did take it serious and quickly answered, more like defensed.

 “I’m sorry for misunderstanding you and Jin hyung! Oh my god it’s so embarrassing. I’m so, so sorry Taehyung.” The elder’s eyes started to water again and Taehyung panicked. Yoongi was sure a cry baby.

 “Hey hey I’m just joking! Don’t cry!”

 “I’m not crying!” Yoongi denied but brought his sleeve up to whip his eyes anyway.

 After a somewhat comfortable silence, Taehyung raised his voice.

 “So… You said you liked me.” He looked into Yoongi’s startled eyes.

 The elder just nodded shyly.

 “And I said I liked you too.” He continued.

 Yoongi nodded again, though this time hesitantly.

 “And there's nothing between Jin and I. So practically, I didn’t lie and it was your entire fault deducting without thinking twice.”

 Yoongi frowned.

 Where’s this kid plan of going with this? Is he gonna just blame it all on me?

 Okay, it was pretty much his fault, he had to admit that. But he hated it when people attacked him like that and he didn’t know how to fight back.

 “Well I said I was sorry.” He said somewhat reluctantly while standing up and turned around, eyebrows knitting together. Then there was just silence after that. The awkward situation made him unable to stand still any longer, he decided to let his feet take him away again.

 “And I’m glad you did!” The younger smiled widely as he, too, stood up and faced the elder’s back. “If it hadn't been for that, I wouldn’t have known that you feel the same.”

 A smile, too, made its way to Yoongi’s lips, though slowly. But it disappeared when Taehyung was before him again. This time so much closer that he could feel the younger’s hot breath on his nose.

 “And you stole my first kiss.” Taehyung whispered in accusation before capturing Yoongi’s lips.

He was worry actually, wondering if he have done the right thing. But not long after, all the nervousness was swepped away when he felt the elder’s lips started moving against his own.

 There was no desire, no lust. Just an innocent yet sweet, sugary kiss.

 “You stole mine too.” Yoongi said between kisses, lips curving upward.

 The older pulled away first, leaving a regretted and pouting Taehyung.

 He lowered his head shyly.

 “So… What are we now?”

 “Anything you want hyung.”

 Both were smiling like idiots.

 They got back to the dorm at about 3 in the morning and the others were still sleeping as if Taehyung and Yoongi had never left.

 “Such good friends they are.” Taehyung mumbled accusingly and Yoongi chuckled at that.

 "Hey..." The younger slidded his fingers into Yoongi’s and slowly interlaced them.

 “I have the whole room for myself so…  Wanna sleep with me?… I mean, sleep as in lying next to each other, not…”

 “I know what you mean Taehyung.” Yoongi laughed at the overthinking younger. “And yes, I would love to.” He smiled gently, squeezing Taehyung's hand with equal affection.

 After changing into their comfortable clothes, they both got on Taehyung’s rather small bed, which resulted shoulders, arms and legs bumping into each other.

 And as if the elder had left all his shyness back at the empty sidewalk, he wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s body and tangled their legs. He took in the younger’s sweet scent as he buried his head in the crook of the younger’s neck.

 “Enjoying it?” Taehyung asked teasingly.

 “No. I’m just cold.” Yoongi secretly smiled while hitting the younger on the chest.

 Taehyung let out an ‘Ouch’ as he rubbed the sting spot on his chest. He then turned to the older’s side and they stared comfortably at each other. Admiring the older one's defined features, he slowly leaned in and in the second time that day, captured Yoongi’s lips. His hand moved from the elder's chin to the back of his neck, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss.

 Yoongi once again was the first to pull away when he had to breathe but his upper lip still touching the younger’s.

 “I’m glad it wasn’t real.” He said quietly before tasting the younger’s sweet moisture again, hands tangled with the younger's soft locks.

 “Me too.” 

 

 


 

So apparently happened LOL And sorry for no hot make out session 'cause I really cant find a suitable place for it. And the ending is a bit rushed 'cause my dad asked for his laptop back /sobs