Epi 2

Days of our lives....

 

=============================

 

“Dongwoon-ah…!!” His mother suddenly opened the door. He jumped out from his seat.

“Umma!!! How many times have I told to knock on my door first?? What if something happened?” Dongwoon wailed irritatingly.

His mother chuckled happily. “Why? What could it be easily happening?” Dongwoon rolled his eyes and sat on his bed. She walked in and flopped down and sat beside him on his bed. She looked at grown up son and crossed her legs. “Dongwoon-ah… You’re so handsome now…” She wiggled her eyes cheekily. She grinned.

“Umma, what’s wrong with you?” He looked at her suspiciously. She didn’t say anything just chuckling since she came inside his room. He furrowed and making his weird face at her. “Umma, do you have something to say? You looked so suspicious….”

And again, she grinned. “Yah… Dongwoon-ah…” She then gave him a sheepish smile. She swatted at her son’s lap and rubbed it slowly. “Dongwoon-ah, you love your umma, right?”

Dongwoon rolled his eyes and stepped back. “Umma, everytime you’re like this, there must be something weird going around here…” He narrowed his eyes towards his mother.

“Actually, your father’s friend is coming back from London. And your father is quite busy and I have a shopping thing with your sister. So can you go and pick your father’s friend at the airport instead?”

“Whaaaattt?! Why?! Why me?” Dongwoon wailed.

His mother shook his arm. “Dongwoon-ah…Please…” She pouted.

“Aisshh…. I knew it! Why can’t Appa pick his friend instead?”

“I told you, your appa is busy…”

“Aisshh… I don’t even know what he’s look like? How can I know him?” Dongwoon asked annoyingly.

Her eyes brightened. “Don’t worry… Here.” She took out the photo from the album she had carried with her. “This is his picture… He is your father good friend. He will be staying here for like a few weeks…”

“What?” Dongwoon took the picture and looked at it. His face was familiar. He thought he had seen this man before. But…where? Well, maybe his imagination.

-------

 

Dongwoon looked around while looking for this man on the picture. He walked around the airport for almost like half an hour. Still he couldn’t see him… After a while, suddenly his shoulder was tapped. He startled and turned around.

He blinked. “You’re Dongwoon?” the man asked. Dongwoon nodded hesitatingly. “Yah!! Dongwoon-ah!!!” The man hugged him tightly. “You’ve grown up so well. Very handsome young man…” He laughed.

“You’re…??” He puzzled. The man nodded. “Ahh… It’s me, your father’s friend… Welcome back! Sorry on behalf of my father…” he bowed down.

“Don’t worry… He called me. So, can we go now?” he smiled. Dongwoon nodded. It took an hour to reach his house from the airport. As soon as he entered the house, his father was already stood by the door.

“Dae Jung!!!!” His father shouted happily. “Kwang Sun-ah!!!!” They both hugged at each other. They patted each other’s back as they had missed each other. It had been quite a long time since they met. “Come in, Dae Jung-ah...”

Dongwoon walked inside the house and put the luggage beside the couch. He then walked towards the kitchen to his mother. “Umma, have I seen appa’s friend before? It seems that like he knows me well…”

“Of course… He came here often when you’re still a kid. He was playing with you a lot.”

Dongwoon’s eyes bugged out. “Really?” While peeped at them from the kitchen. “Ouhh… No wonder he’s so casual with me… We talked a lot on the way here…”

His mother chuckled. “You know, when you’re a small, you had always played with Yoseob and his son. Quite a lot of time…”

“What?” He surprised. “He has a son?”

His mother nodded. “He was a cute little boy… Lonely and quiet. He was really happy when you played with him.” His mother chuckled. Dongwoon nodded and puffed his cheek at the same time. “Dongwoon-ah, take this to the front…” His mother handed out the tray to him.

He slowly walked from the kitchen to the hall room. He smiled as the man looked up at him. He was nicely put down the tray and handed out the tea to the guest. “Here’s the tea, Sir…”

He nodded politely. “Thank you…” Suddenly, his phone rang. “Excuse me…” After a while, he turned around to them and smiled. “Sorry, it’s my son… He will be coming here…”

“Eh?? He’s already been here long before you arrived here?” Dongwoon’s father surprised. The man nodded while took a sip on the tea. “But where did he stay?”

The man shrugged his shoulder. “He just tells me he will be staying at his friend’s place… Even though I don’t know who his friend…is” He looked at his friend innocently.

“Hmm….” Dongwoon’s father nodded and turned to him. “Dongwoon-ah, do you still remember his son?” asked his father. Dongwoon shook his head.

“Don’t worry; you will be meeting him soon again… Well, if that will refresh your memories…” The man smiled.

After a few minutes, suddenly, there was bell on the door. His mother sprinted away towards the door and opened it. “AAhh…Sungjong-ah!!!”

She later walked in with the boy who had just entered the room. Dongwoon’s eyes widened in shock. His jaw dropped. It was that guy… “Dongwoon-ah… This is Sungjong…Remember? The one who used to play with you back then…” His mother laughed happily.

Dongwoon still couldn’t believe his eyes. Sungjong, who stood beside his mother, looked at him with an annoying look. And then he turned away.

“Yahh!!! Dongwoon-ah!!! Come here…” His mother wailed at him and waved at him to telling him to come over. Dongwoon stood up and walked towards them. “Sungjong-ah…. This is Dongwoon.” She smiled.

Dongwoon beamed and showed his hand to him. Sungjong just stared at him and huffed. Sungjong swatted Dongwoon’s hand very fast and dashed to the seat beside his father. He flopped down on the couch and crossed his arms, looked away from him.

“Aisshh… Sungjong-ah… Can’t you be more respect towards people? Aigoo…”

“That’s okay, Mr. Lee…” Dongwoon smiled bitterly. Aisshh… this kid! I’m really gonna kick his really hard, he thought.

“I’m sorry, Dongwoon… Kwang Su-ah… He’s always been like this…” he bowed down. Dongwoon’s father laughed and patted his friend’s shoulder.

“Kids…” and again they laughed again. Dongwoon sighed while looking at him. This guy is seriously pain in the , he thought to himself. He then crossed his arms and sighed again. His mother suddenly tapped his shoulder and whispered to him.

“Dongwoon-ah, go and prepare Sungjong’s room…”

He was surprised. “Eh? Why?”

“He’s going to stay with us here…” His mother said simply. His jaw dropped in surprise.

“Whaaat??! But…We don’t have enough room…”

“Use your sister’s room. Besides, she’s no longer stays here. Go and prepare the room…”

He raised his brows and frowned. “What? Why am I the one who should do it?” he asked.

“Aigoo…” His mother pinched his cheek. “Just do it! Now go!” She pushed him to the stairs. He grunted as he climbed to the stairs lazily. After minutes or so, Dongwoon walked downstairs and moved his head to the upstairs, telling his mother that the room was fixed. She beamed and walked towards Sungjong.

“Sungjong-ah… Go upstairs. Dongwoon has prepared your room. Go and take a rest. Dongwoon will show you the way…” Sungjong stood up and smiled sweetly at Dongwoon’s mother. He bowed down. “Thank you, Mrs. Son…” He then took his bag and sling onto his shoulder. He looked up at Dongwoon and he slightly pushed him to side to climb up the stairs. Dongwoon gaped as he looked at him.

Aisshhh…Tsk..!This kid!!!, he thought again. He pouted annoyingly as he followed him from behind.

He then opened the door and walked in. “Sungjong-ah… this is your room. About those stuffs over there… It’s my sister’s stuff. Don’t mind them… Hope you make yourself comfortable around here…”

Sungjong walked around the room and looked around them with his arms crossed. He then turned to Dongwoon and huffed. “How can I get comfortable with this small room?” He scoffed. Lee Sungjong, a lonely boy who his mother died and had been living with his father. He used to be cheerful boy but life turned to sour after his mother's death. He had no friends and hated Dongwoon's guts...

Dongwoon stared at him disbelieve. “Yah… We’re not a rich people like you. Unlike you, we’re happy just the way we are right now… Why can’t you be more appreciating about what people had done for you?”

Sungjong scoffed. “Appreciate?” He laughed while covering his mouth. “You want me to appreciate? Never…”

And again, Dongwoon gaped angrily. “Yah! What is your problem anyway?” he stared at him.

Sungjong crossed his arms and turned around. “Nothing… I just think that you’re an eyesore, that’s all…”

“Aisshh….” Dongwoon clutched to his fist and made a punch behind Sungjong’s back in order to control his anger. He sighed heavily. “Well, whatever… I’ll be in my room…” He pointed out at him the room which was just in front of Sungjong’s room. “And if you need anything, just call me out…” He walked out of the room and closed it.

And again, he sighed. “This kid is seriously a mental…” He entered his room.