Part One

Bittersweet Memories

“My life is quiet, I don’t talk to anyone unless I have to which is hardly, it’s like I don’t like people it’s just it’s better this way.” “Why?” “Why? It’s because I’m not worth anyone’s time. I’m not meant to be remembered. I’m meant to be forgotten, but maybe one day I would want someone close to me that remembers why I’m alive and why I’m this way.” “Why don’t you start looking for that person?” “What I just said was a wish that I want to happen, sometimes wishes don’t come true. Like me and some unfortunate people, my wish will never come true.” “Why would you think something like that?” “I had someone close to me before.. We were very close, that person was very important to me, Kris was very important to me. We spent everyday together, we went everywhere. I loved him so much, everyday I would wait for him to call or text me because every time he did I would smile ridiculously. I loved him.. And he told me that he loved me back, and we sealed that love. He accepted me for who I was, and I did the same for him. But soon we ended up fighting a lot because I would get jealous and he would get angry, telling me that the person that he was just talking to was only a friend. But I’m not stupid, I can see through lies and the sad thing was that I wish I wasn’t right because soon afterwards he called me and told me to meet me somewhere. When I arrived there he was standing to a man that was almost the same height as him. As I got closer to them my heart started to break and I was on the verge of crying, and I did cry, but this time Kris didn’t comfort me, he only stood there with a sad look on his face while Chanyeol was holding his hand.. He said ‘I’m sorry that I’m not in love with you anymore.‘ And just like that.. He forgot everything about me, not even remembering my reason..” “Don’t worry, everything will get better and you will find someone that deserves you and he will treat you right, without hurting you, without making you cry, he will make you the happiest person in the world. I promise.” 

 

I opened my eyes and wiped the tears that were dripping from my cheek, I sat up and looked outside of the window near my bed. “I’m sorry that I’m not in love with you anymore..” I sighed and got up. I changed my clothes and went walked out of my door. “First day back to school..” I looked around me, the sky was bright and the people around me were all happy and they were smiling so beautifully. I sighed and looked down, I must bring them down when they look at me.. I wasn’t walking that fast, but I had to slow down.. My chest started to hurt and I started to have shortness of breath.. I sighed and closed my eyes.. “Ah.. Life is so good to me..” I knew that I was going to be late to school, but I didn’t decide to be sick. It’s not my fault. When I reached my classroom, there was a student standing by the board next to the teacher, I bowed. “You’re late ZiTao.” I sighed and nodded, “I know, I’m sorry Mrs. Choi.. I had to help my parents finish something that has to do with their work.” She sighed and shook her head, “Did you mention the meeting that I was talking to you about?” I looked at her and frowned, “No, I’m sorry, I’ll make sure to tell them the next time they come home.” I walked to my seat and quickly sat down, I sighed and looked up to see the unknown student standing next to her again. “This is Oh Sehun. He is from Seoul, South Korea. This is your new classmate, please treat him good.” He bowed and with no expression on his face, “I’m Oh Sehun, I had to move here, I’m an aspiring artist..” “You may sit next to ZiTao.” I sighed and looked out the window that’s by my seat. “I’m Oh Sehun, I hope that we will be able to become very great friends.” I looked at him to see that he was smiling, I smiled too, “I’m Huang Zi Tao.. It’s very nice to meet you, I really wish that we could..” He frowned, “Why can’t we?” I sighed, “Yah, it’s nothing..” I smiled and he smiled back, “Sehun and Tao I would like to talk to you after today’s class is finished.” I nodded. Through the whole class I couldn’t hear anything that she said, the only thing that I focused on was the person now sitting next to me. 

 

Before I knew it the bell rang, and the class was dismissed, right when I stood up Mrs. Choi was right in front of me and Sehun. “Tao, I have a favor to ask of you.” I looked at her and smiled, “What?” She looked at Sehun and he looked like he had somewhere to be, “I want you to show Sehun around the school, help him when he needs it and answer every question that he has.” I looked at her and shook my head, “I don’t think that it’s a good idea to do that, I mean I hardly talk that much and-” “That’s why I thought this would be a good way for you to start opening up, he’s someone new, someone that you can start fresh with.” Open up? I’m sorry but I opened up before and when I did someone broke me completely and ever since then I’ve been locked up in the idea that no matter who I meet and how nice they are they will always find something to hurt me with. “Ah, Mrs.. I can find my way around the school myself, you don’t need to force him to do something he doesn’t want to do..” I looked at him, he sighed and grabbed his bag and put it over his shoulder. “I must leave, if he isn’t going to me then I can find the classrooms myself.” I looked at Mrs. Choi her face looked sad and I sighed. “I’ll show him the classrooms.” I smiled and he looked at me, “Are you sure?” I nodded and he walked towards me, “Yah, that’s great, let’s get going, I want to see where the art classrooms are!” He smiled brightly and grabbed my arm and took me out of the classroom, “Slow down! I’m going to show you where they are just be patient.. You must really love art huh?” He let go of my arm and looked at me, he sighed and nodded, “I guess I do, painting is very fun.” I smiled and shook my head, “If you don’t like it then why are you doing it?” “What do you mean? Didn’t I just say that I enjoy it?” I sighed, “Your eyes and expressions say otherwise.. You see, if you lie to yourself you’re going to force yourself to like something that you really hate. Don’t you want to accomplish your goal of becoming something that you like yourself, instead of becoming something that you hate?” I looked at Sehun, his eyes looked sad and he turned away from me and stared at the floor, I sighed, “I’m sorry, I have a habit of doing this when talking to people. I’d rather be honest then say something that I really mean, I don’t want to hide anything behind your back.” “If you don’t want me to you then I can go tell Mrs. Choi that she needs to find someone else.” I looked at him and he shook his head, “It’s fine because what you said just now was the truth.” I smiled and nodded, I felt his hand grab my arm and I quickly flinched away from him and he smiled, “I don’t want to be an artist, but I can’t be what I want to be.” I frowned and he still smiled, “My dreams are crushed, but I’ll learn to love it.” I looked away from him and frowned, how can he still smile even though his dreams are gone.. The atmosphere around us quickly changed into something dark, it felt like we were miles apart from each other. We didn’t talk for the rest of the walk. When we finally reached the art classroom he looked at me, his eyes as cold as ice. “I’ll give you my number.. Maybe you can be my first friend at this big school.”  He took a piece of paper and wrote his number on it. I looked at him, his lips were curled into a smile. I felt heat coming to my cheeks and I avoided his gaze and took the paper from his hand, “I’ll text you as soon as I finish doing something..” He smiled at me and I could tell that my cheeks were turning a very light shade of pink. “Yah, are you cold?” I glared at him and looked away from him and walked away, “I’ll see you later, I’ll make sure to contact you, if not today, tomorrow..” “Okay!, bye, I hope I see you tomorrow!” I sighed, I wonder if it’s okay to trust him.. 

 

Once I reached my house I walked in. It’s empty, just like me. I sighed and walked up to my room, dropped my bag on the floor and slumped onto my bed. The lights in my room were off, I was surrounded with darkness, my chest started to hurt, I got up and started coughing really badly, I covered my mouth with my hands and the cough started to get worse. I started to get dizzy and everything around me started to spin, I fell on my bed, “Ah.. It feels like I’m going to die..” I started to cough more, I looked at my hands and it was painted with a dark red. I sighed and started to laugh, “Aren’t you cruel enough? I lost everything and now my body feels like it’s shutting down..”