Chapter 12

Status: Complicated!?

 

Choi Minki goes home early then the usual. The sun was still on the sky and shining brightly when he arrived at home. Without any noticed, he went straight to his bedroom where he found his ex husband sleeping on the bed peacefully as he was embracing the pillow. Minki scanned the man fully as he sees it still wearing his shoes on. He then carefully took off the shoes on Changhyun before slowly putting it back on the bed to make the man sleep comfortably. Minki sighed, "You said you're just going to get your shirt."
 
A knock had interrupt his watching upon the sleeping doctor.
 
"Yes?" he said as he opened up the door.
 
"Master, sorry I wasn't able to welcome you. I forgot to tell you, Master Changhyun fell asleep in your room."
 
"Its okay. He seemed so tired after all. I will get bathe, when the children come home, don't let them come in in this room and warn me immediately, okay?"
 
"Yes Master."
 
"And, wait..." he then walked in the bed side and carefully search for the car's key on the table. He immediately gave it to Aron who was standing on the door outside the room when he found it, "Remove his car on the park outside. Put it in the garage so the kids won't see it. I don't want any conflicts as early as now."
 
"I get it master. By the way, what would you like to have for dinner? Is Master Changhyun be eating with you?"
 
"It depends. Just cook the usual food we used to eat."
 
"Okay Master."
 
After talking to the butler, Minki proceeded on the bathroom and have a bath. The kids on the coffee shop was having fun serving people around. The only senior that they have was Byunghyun's brother Yungguk.
 
"You kids, don't play around too much. You might get an accident." he said.
 
"Uncle Yungguk, can we practice making coffee when we closes?" Sooyoung asked.
 
"For what? You already learned many of the formula."
 
"But I we wanted to try something else."
 
"Like experimenting?" Himchan said out of nowhere.
 
"Uncle Him!" she excitedly hugged the newly arrived man in the shop.
 
"Are they your friends?"
 
"Hello!" the kids greeted.
 
"I am Hyunki and this my twin brother Changmin!"
 
"I am Youngae sir."
 
"And I am Lee Gyuri mister."
 
"Aow! Seems like you guys really loved being here, huh?"
 
"Yes!" they said in chorus.
 
When costumers came in, like an automatic dolls, the kids spread around and welcome and serve the guesses. Himchan was just watching and noticing something from the twins.
 
"Hey... did you closed your shop?" Yungguk asked.
 
"Yeah. Its weekend, so I decided to go half day. Besides, all the scheduled fitting is tomorrow and next few days, thats why. How about Byunghyun? How long will he stay in Jeju?"
 
"There was an accident as early as last week, so it means his stay there will be extended though."
 
"Those kids..."
 
"Hm?"
 
"They seemed to come from a high class family. What are they doing here?"
 
"They are my niece's friends."
 
"I know. But they don't seemed to be like Sooyoung. They are not ordinary, are they?"
 
"I know. Sooyoung and even them are being honest to their status, but they are quite liberated and sociable like Sooyoung, so there is nothing to worry."
 
"Those twins."
 
"What?"
 
"Looking at them, it feels like I have seen them somewhere."
 
"Like it was not the first time?"
 
"It was. Somehow, when they looked at me, they reminded me of Choi Minki and Yoo Changhyun when you out them together. You see?"
 
"Talking about that, well, I felt chills when I first heard that Hyunki spoke to me when Sooyoung introduces them. Like I have heard Changhyun in the flesh. I know that somehow people do had a similarity at times, but it feels different."
 
"Yeah... maybe we're just thinking too much. By the way, is Changhyun not coming?"
 
"Well, Yoo Sooyoung said that the chief doctor had called their house last night and asked the doctor to come for an emergency. He hasn't come until this morning when they leave the house."
 
"Isn't they abusing Yoo Changhyun's power too much? They always call him even his not in shift. He barely has his vacation."
 
"Actually he hasn't got his vacation since he became a residence of that hospital. Even my brother had barely has his time towards his family due to this successful business of him. Expanding and expanding, but they always forgetting to be closed enough to have a good connection. I felt like somethings gonna happen again if this will continue to be like this."
 
"Just like everybody used to say, history repeats itself."
 
"And when it happens, its only getting worst."
 
In Jeju, Byunghyun can't seemed to reach Changhyun's number. He was a little worried about it and he keeps on dialling and dialling again.
 
"Your fingers are all swollen. Who are you calling at?" Changjo asked.
 
"Who the hell else do you think I'm calling apart Changhyun? I can't reach his number. Sooyoung said he probably be home by now."
 
"He must be tired for all night shift. Let him be hyung. You're too possessive. Its not like he's going to cheat on you in his dreams."
 
Byunghyun gave the younger a big slap on the back head, "I wanted to know if his alright. I'm not worrying about cheating. I can be a cheater, but not Yoo Changhyun!"
 
"That hurts you know! I'm just saying it. Let him have a rest. You seemed to be a worried wife. By the way, Chunji hyung flight back to Seoul."
 
"I know. He told me."
 
"He said I should tell you that he'll be gone for two weeks."
 
"That I one I didn't know. Why?"
 
"Hwayoung noona has been sick and she needs to have a rest. It means, there is no other than hyung to take care of the kids for a while. Speaking of which, don't you have any plans this coming holiday with your lovely doctor?"
 
"Like what? We needed to finished this, this week."
 
"As if we are going to stay for the holiday!?"
 
"Did I say that!? What am I saying is that, I'm going to be left here and finish some papers. Then there I will lay my plans for vacation."
 
Changhyun was still peacefully sleeping when Minki got out from the bathroom. He then sat down on the bed beside the doctor. As he was drying his hair through a towel, he watched the man lying on the bed. He scans every detail of its face like a child. "He seemed to be a little too slim." he said to himself. He then travelled his fingers smoothly on the sleeping man's face. Tracing every curve and lines in it like he was memorizing each and every part of his ex husband's face. With every , Changhyun seemed to not minding the pressures in it. He was still sleeping straight. "How long should he be sleeping here?" Choi Minki then put down his towel and sat beside the man and leaned his back on the board before taking a book and read it.
 
The sun already set, but Yoo Changhyun was still sleeping and not letting go of the pillow. Though the pretty man wanted to lay down and have rest too, he can't because the two pillows on the bed was being used by the doctor as he sleeps. He then stand up and gone out of the bedroom.
 
"Master Minki, Master Changhyun hasn't had his lunch yet, is he still sleeping?"
 
"Yes, he's still sleeping and I can't even get my own rest beside him. He was embracing the pillow. Have the kids called about dinner?"
 
"Youngae said that Himchan, Sooyoung's uncle will be treating them for dinner."
 
"Wa- what!? Himchan? Lee Byunghyun's brother in law?"
 
"I don't know. They just said that its Sooyoung's uncle."
 
"Hope he hasn't notice yet." he said to himself.
 
"Master...?"
 
"Nothing. Just set some plate on the table. I'll get him up."
 
"I wonder how long he has been at the hospital that he sleeps all day?"
 
"He's doctor and he stands on the operating regardless of how many hours it is."
 
"That's true. I'll get the dinner ready."
 
Upstairs, surely that was the heavy sleep that the man has within years since his divorce. After he slept beside Lee Byunghyun on that house, he left with just a note of appreciation for its kindness as a friend. That was the day when Changhyun tried not to broke down into pieces though he was already chipped by their divorce. He tried to face Choi Minki in the most hardest part he never imagined he will had. He delivered his ex husband to the hospital and let him have the treatment without him. But the day before that was the main reason why Yoo Changhyun had let Choi Minki had the divorce.
 
"Doctor, how was it?"
 
"The test had been positive. Your husband already had a donor, and thats you Mr. Yoo."
 
"Thank you!" that was complete happiness for Yoo Changhyun because he will be able to extent his husband's life, without knowing that it will be the last time he will call Choi Minki as his husband.
 
Its a heart breaking struggle for Changhyun to take off his hands from Choi Minki. He simply can't leave him like that. The patient's body needs to undergo some other test and make it ready for the transplant. All in all, Changhyun was just silently and hideously watching and caring for Choi Minki all those while. He asked the hospital to do some scheme for him not to be found out as the donor.
 
"Can I asked you to refer me to some closed hospital in here where you can get my liver? Because I am not able to hide this to him if I do checked in in here as a patient."
 
"I dont know why do you have to hide it this way. But, I can asked my friend on the other hospital to accommodate you. There is only one thing I want you to have, a someone that can take care of you. Because though you're just a donor, you still needed to be take care about."
 
"No. I think I can manage as long as the nurses are there to give me the respective medications after the operation then it will be alright."
 
"But Mr. Yoo..."
 
"Please Doctor, if I can minimize the circumstances of me being a donor to be known, I would do it."
 
"As you wish. Maybe I can ask the nurses to take an extra good care of you."
 
"Thank you doctor."
 
After a week of divorce, Changhyun has finally admitted to the hospital where Jiyeon had seen him.
 
"Changhyun? Yoo Changhyun?" she said as she was holding an envelop in her hands.
 
Changhyun who was with the nurse that was assisting him was surprised to see Jiyeon, "Jiyeon? What...?" he then turned to the nurse, "Please go first. I'll just follow." and the nurse left him with Jiyeon. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I got my medical exams for my trip out of the country. I'll decided I will go with Papa and surprised him. You, what are you doing here?"
 
"Ah, just..."
 
Jiyeon seemed to notice the papers on his hand, she then pulled it.
 
"Ji- Jiyeon!"
 
"Whats the meaning of this? You're going to be a donor? Why? For whom?"
 
Changhyun can't seem to know the answer. They then end up sitting on the hospital cafeteria and talk about the reasons. "So, you haven't heard yet?"
 
"That?"
 
"That Choi Minki were in the hospital because he has liver cancer."
 
"What? Then what are you doing here? Why are you going to be a do... nor? You mean...!? Yoo Changhyun..."
 
"I became a good candidate when I took the test. I matched him. I decided to do it."
 
"You matched to him, you were that kind of compatible. You really love him aren't you?"
 
"I do. I always do."
 
"Does he know about it?"
 
"No. And he doesn't have to know about it."
 
"But why?"
 
"Me and Minki was already divorce."
 
"Di- di what!?"
 
"Divorce Jiyeon, divorce. We are already divorce. We just signed the papers before he was admitted for the treatment."
 
"But why?"
 
"There was no valid reason at all. I just wanted him to live his life happily. If he learns about this, he'll probably drop the therapy and treatment. He sure is going to frustrate himself to crying and blaming because I have to give him a part of me."
 
"Even if you dont give him your liver, he already had your heart. Surely, he knows how much you love him. He's really lucky."
 
Jiyeon decided to stay that day besides Changhyun. That same night, Jiyeon's father had an accident which has given her the opportunity to stay longer with Changhyun. Jiyeon gave her kidney to his father and Minki receives Changhyun's part. There are a week apart, so Jiyeon can already moves a little more freely that she can stay with Changhyun. They even requested to be in one room though it was a little out of the hospital rule. They are both hiding from Jiyeon's mother and everyone else who knows them.
 
After the transplant, Changhyun had recovered from the operation immediately and he secretly visits Minki in the hospital along with Jiyeon. Jiyeon seemed to be his accomplish in every move he would make for Choi Minki. "Aren't you getting tired?"
 
"About?"
 
"About being with a trouble some divorce teenager like me."
 
"If so, is there anything else that I do to change the fact that I already had been your accomplish to all of this? Since the day we had seen each other on the hospital, I have your secret and I have the responsibility to keep it."
 
"You're really a good friend you know. Aren't you going to find someone to stay by your side?"
 
"When you find yours then I will search for mine."
 
"I dont think I could have one."
 
"Why?"
 
"After I had a divorce, I already got my share of a broken heart. Its like I have been a widower now though he didn't die. Its so hard that I can see him, but I cant touch him. Its so hard that I can hear him, but I cant talk to him. Its so hard to have him near yet its so far. He's just there, right in his hospital room, but even getting closer to him was hard enough."
 
"Because you love him that much. You love him that you are afraid to hold him, because you might break him or he might break you into pieces. You love him that much that both of you will die without each other and even when you're together."
 
"How did you know that? Have you felt the same way?"
 
"Uhrn!" she nodded. "But then I chose to stay beside that person so no matter what happened. Though he'll break me or I'll break him I can still hold him."
 
"You have such courageous kind of love."
 
"Because when you love you should have the courage yourself. The courage to hold and accept the things that are delicate. Delicate that can be broken anytime."
 
"I'm afraid. I dont want to see him breaking to pieces."
 
Everyday, Changhyun will visit and peek onto the room door of his ex husband. Everyday, his heart is being broken whenever he will see him crying. He wanted to wipe those tears for that man, but he cant. He wanted to be the one to embrace him as he cries, but he can't. There are so many things that he wanted to do, but he can't move as to what his heart tells him to do. He was just like a wall that could only watch, but cannot move forward.
 
Whenever he will hear Minki complaints about how painful his body was, Changhyun's tears was just as furious as rain pouring. Only Jiyeon was the one to hold his hand and calm him down. Jiyeon was the only one to be friend with him. She's all that he wanted to be with whenever he felt like crying. Those days, until Minki decided to continue the surrogacy, Jiyeon was the one who helps Changhyun to have such information that he wanted to have about the baby. Even when they were born, Changhyun was worryingly waiting at the back of the hospital for news from a nurse that they paid for those.
 
All they can do was to pay people around the hospital to get what they needed and wanted to know. All along, when the babies are situated and rest and when Minki got better, Changhyun and Jiyeon decided to go to a reserve province where in people are having their lifetime of retreat. From then, since Changhyun had rest his worries about Minki's health and just focus much of his attention towards the babies. Time and time had flow, and Changhyun secretly had his twins visited.
 
"So how's the babies?"
 
"They are fine and cute. I'm going to have their photos printed."
 
"Why dont you just get in there and raise them along with Minki? That would be good for both of you."
 
Within that conversation along with bottles of beers by their side, Changhyun and Jiyeon cant stop themselves from taking each other, most of all Yoo Changhyun. Park Jiyeon looks so red and cute at the lovely man's eyes as he stares at her so intensely. Knowing Changhyun, he has that kind of attitude when he's drank. That starts how they have the ever. innocent Yoo Sooyoubg today.
 
Its never that easy for Changhyun to have been visiting his twins secretly and raising Sooyoung at the same time, he was also a medical student those days. Now, he was already a doctor who earns people's trust towards his profession. Its not just that, he was near to his twins and also to the man he once left, Choi Minki.
 
The sleeping doctor's phone rings to his ears because Choi Minki did put it closer to him to awake him and answer it. "Hey!"
 
"Answer it. Its been ringing for almost half an hour." of course its a lie, it was just ringing just now.
 
"Fine." the lovely man sat up and answer the phone while Minki was sitting on the bed side waiting for him to finish. "Okay Mama. I got it. Take care. Have a safe travel. Thank you Ma. Bye." and he dropped the call.
 
"Get up. The dinner is ready. Aron was furious about you for sleeping all day without eating anything."
 
"Where's the kids? Aren't they coming home?"
 
"Haven't your daughter told you this morning that they spend their time together along with Youngae and Gyuri? They are part timing on your cafe."
 
"Eh? Uh, yes. I remember." he then sighed.
 
Minki then stands up and pointed at Changhyun, "Get up. You better eat dinner now before the kids go home and find you here. If you want trouble of course, then do it."
 
"That... yes, I will."
 
Though they have been so casual to each other, their hearts beat are still getting faster whenever they are going to face each other. They are still strangers after that so many years. Awkward feelings that can never be evade. They can never be evaded mostly when they are about to somehow burst. Lies and holding back was the best they can do to calm themselves down. They cannot let any one word to get out that can ruin everything they have tried to hide all those years.
 
"Master, is master Changhyun going to have a dinner with us?"
 
"He said, he'll follow." Minki then sat down on his chair and wait for Changhyun.
 
Aron and Hyoyoung just had a big and honest smile on their faces when Changhyun has come down and sit beside Minki to have a dinner. Its somehow impossible for the butler himself to think about it. Imagining that his Master Choi Minki and Master Yoo Changhyun had to seat down on that same dinner table and eat together just like the old times.
 
"Sooyoung called me, she said the kids wants to spend the whole weekend staying in our house."
 
Minki just looked at Changhyun with wonders and so as Aron.
 
"Master Changhyun, my daughter hasn't called me about that."
 
"She used Yoo Sooyoung's phone and asked me to call you. Lee Gyuri had her clothes and so as your daughter Youngae in our house. But if you want, I can bring some home."
 
"Then bring the boys some of their clothes." the pretty master said. "Better take more of it because I think they will do this as long as they are friends. Its a good thing for you too."
 
"You seemed to be bitter about it."
 
"Whatever I am feeling it doesn't matter. They just grew up more like you."
 
"Haist..."
 
"Eat."
 
Kwak Aron just tried to hid his laugh upon the little teasing session of the exes that his wife tried to forbid him.