Chapter 11

Status: Complicated!?

Starting the day right wasn't easy for Choi Minki. Whenever he will open his eyes to see how the sun shine was, he will be randomized by dizziness that was a side effects of the treatments he was having in the hospital. It wasn't easy, most of all when its not the hand of the one you love you're going to hold for strength. It also drained every little energy he could have for crying out the tears that he should be crying before his husband left him.

 
"Master, Master please, please be strong enough. You can finish this treatment and we will be able to find master Changhyun."
 
A very anxious and fearful face was always seen to Minki. His crying cannot be stop. He can't stop crying mostly when he will hear the name Yoo Changhyun. He can't stop crying and blaming himself for what has happening.
 
"Master, Master please calm down. It will never be good for you to act this way. You should have some rest for a while so that you can have enough strength for tomorrow. Master please help yourself to have the strength to fight this sickness."
 
"Leave me alone."
 
"Master..."
 
"Kwak Aron please, leave me alone. Leave someone like me alone. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be staying here. I was just a nuisance to all of the people around me. Thats why you shouldn't look for that guy anymore. I will only be a burden to someone like him."
 
"Master don't say that. Master Changhyun didn't left you alone. He wanted you to live thats why you are here. Master, he loves you thats why you are here. And not because he sees you as a burden or anything else."
 
"No! He left because he doesn't want me anymore! He left me because I expected o much from him. Because I am too spoiled of a man that I'm always hurting him! He doesn't want to be near me anymore thats why he doesn't want to come back and see how am I doing! He doesn't want to see me anymore! He doesn't want me... anymore!" he cries harder and harder as he mouthed those words out as he was trying to pull all the pipes on his body.
 
"Master, Master calm down!" Aron then tried to stop his master by embracing him and restrained him from moving until the nurses came to rescue and gives the patient some shots to calm him down.
 
It wasn't easy for Aron nor to Sungjong and Minri to take care of Choi Minki as he was always crying in pain not just physically, but emotionally. Towards the pretty man's journey, Aron had manage to pull out the doubts of his master from living a good life after the treatment when Minki had speak to the doctor he and Changhyun asked about the surrogacy.
 
"Actually, it has been a month since the first and the last we spoke to each other Mr. Choi, but like I guess, you haven't change your mind yet. Have you found a potential or a good womb for your babies?"
 
"Will I get to see them when they are born?"
 
"Master of course! You will even raise them yourself and show them to your husband, Master Changhyun!" Aron said his intentions.
 
"This should be your inspirations on your recovery." the doctor continued. "The kids that you'll be having should be the point and center of your battle against cancer with the help of your beliefs in God's goodness. Mr. Choi, they might not come in handy as soon as possible you wanted them, but you take them from your heart."
 
That somehow put up a smile upon the pretty patient Choi Minki. Hearing those words has given him a new good reason to continue the fight, but still he is quite eager to know where could be the lovely guy was. Everyday, he will ask about Changhyun and then the babies. Aron was the one who took care about the babies and the woman he secretly hired for carrying them. Once a week, Minki will asked his doctors to let him go out of the hospital so that he can visit the woman who was carrying his babies.
 
They let her live on a vacation house out of the city. Though its somehow too much for the patient to have a long land travels, Aron and Sungjong will make it sure for him to have a safe and peaceful travel. They never spoke to the woman, Aron, Minki nor Sungjong new her name, even the womb owner doesn't know them. They have never spoke to her nor face her directly. The records and the ultrasounds and check ups of the mother will directly goes to Minki.
 
Time to time, Minki's smile have been beautifully turning back the way it was like Yoo Changhyun was beside him. He recovered from his battle and have his babies with him. Though in his heart, he wishes that somehow, somewhere Changhyun will know that their twins are now in his arms and making him happy.
 
"I never thought that he will be the one to leave and let me have these babies." Minki said as he was watching the twins sleeping on the cribs on their nursery in the mansion.
 
"He will surely return if he knew that you already have the babies that you were planning to have." Minri answered.
 
"I bet not. He doesn't even want them on the first place."
 
"Minki... Changhyun wasn't like what you are talking about. You know him very well though its just a short time that you've been together right? You should know how happy he could've been if he learns that you both have your babies."
 
"Its been more than a year since then, but he doesn't even bothered to asked how am I doing. Its not too much if he at least let me finished the treatment first before going so far."
 
"Hearing that from you, it means you secretly hopes that he never left you just because you asked him to."
 
"No matter what, he still left me and he's not here anymore. There's no reason for me to wait right?"
 
Though he was saying those words, he still asked Aron to search for Yoo Changhyun. He also asked his butler about the progress if there's any, everday. He still cares and he always cares about his exhusband. Until the kids have grown up and the lovely father of the kids wasn't still making an appearance.
 
"Stop searching for him Aron. If he want to see me, he knows where he could find me."
 
"But Master..."
 
"Give up Aron. He sure have moved on after the divorce."
 
Those were the last time the butler and the master has spoke about Changhyun. That was the last time they ever said the name in and out of the mansion. Never letting the kids hear a beat about him and hide everything about Yoo Changhyun. Now, now that the man he was trying to hide from kids are closer than they could ever thought of, Minki wasn't afraid of losing them, but he was afraid that they'll get hurt if they new who their father was and what he has been doing after they have been divorce.
 
"Master Minki, are you alright?" the butler asked as he sat down on the chair beside the table on the garden.
 
"I feel alright, but I feel frightened. Alright because I know that Changhyun was doing well all these years, but frightened because it can hurt my children when they learn who he really was. I dont want them to hate me nor Changhyun for what have happened. No matter how understanding they are, they still have their reasons to get mad at me."
 
"Master, isn't it too soon to say how they will really feel? Besides, even you, you and Master Changhyun doesn't even know how to face each other the way it should be. You have all your reasons not to talk and ignore each other, but still, your ways of treating each other was the vice of what you should be doing."
 
"Aron, tell me, what should we be doing when we are facing each other? Like what you've said, my mind and my heart tells me to send him away, but my lips can't say it and my body can't do it. It feels like its still attached to him."
 
"Maybe its because of the warmth that your body only knows."
 
At the school, its not just that the children have been together as schoolmates and classmates, but also close friends that other students are taking as a joke.
 
"Look, the twin girls!" the boys of the class have been prying to tease the twin brothers Changmin and Hyunki for being with the girls and never been with them.
 
"Hey! Dont you tease the baby girls." and the class will laugh as a whole.
 
Everyday, it has seemed to be a routine for the students to teased and enjoy annoying them because its not usual for boys to cradle on girls like they were in the same gender. Everyday, Hyunki and Changmin will laugh and enjoy speaking and hanging out with their cousin and Sooyoung along with Youngae. Though it doesn't matter to them what other students may have think about them, the fact that they also target mostly Sooyoung, it gets to their nerves.
 
"Whats the hell wrong with this stupid highschool? They are so annoying." Hyunki said.
 
"Oppa, its just alright. You don't need to be affected by their sarcasms and everything. If you let them see how affected you were, they probably do everything that you don't want."
 
"But they crossing the lines. Calling you a little gay bride? Thats too much." Changmin said.
 
"Hey! So the little gay bride and the twin gay brothers are together again?" a guy from the other class was teasing them right at the cafeteria with such a loud voice that everybody in the place could here. "You were small in count? Where are the two others?"
 
"Ya! Where is the girl who has a father that was prettier than her and the forever butler's daughter?" the other one said that made the crowd laugh.
 
An empty can of softdrinks landed on their forehead. It came from Youngae and Gyuri who just comes in the cafeteria.
 
"Ouch! That hurts! You brats!" when the two guys were about to take down the two girls and have their revenge, Hyunki and Changmin put on their legs to tripped the guys down that really happened as planned. Sooyoung laugh when she saw the guys dropped on the floor and even the crowd laughed with her too. "You stupid kid!"
 
"Oppa!" Sooyoung quickly hide behind Changmin's back when the student was about to hit her as he gets up. Changmin was save by a basketball ball that hits the guy down again.
 
Everyone on the cafeteria goes silence as the owner of the ball was walking closer to them. He was tall, a real young man to see. He was ahead at them in one look. Hearing the chatters behind them, the group heard the guy's name, he was Hwang Minhyuk, the star of the basketball team. He gets the ball that was in the front of the twins. Hyunki just looked at him without any reaction and so as to Changmin. The girls were just standing pouting about how rude everyone can be around them.
 
"You were boys, but you don't know how to defend your friends?" the stranger said.
 
"As far as I know, it doesn't have to concern you." Hyunki answered back.
 
"The least you could say was thank you, but then you even replied with such a disappointment."
 
"What about that? These people right here are all nuisance and bums. They are all good for nothing people that doesn't worth our time and energy. So, if you had so much time like preaching us such things, why don't you do it to them and not to us."
 
"Agree!" the girls second the notion excluded Changmin who was just looking at the tall guy in front of them.
 
"Anyway thank you sunbae for helping us." Changmin said. "Hyung lets go now." and the others come along with the younger boy and get out of the cafeteria. The player that helps them from the bullies was just left looking at them as they go.
 
"Hey! Captain, this is the first time you were dump like that." a teammate said.
 
"I was never dump."
 
Inside their classroom, the kids just sat down in vain like a stressed puppies who just comes out in a fight. Hyunki buries his face on his arms as he leaned down on the armchair. Changmin just leaned down on his hyung back and rest his chin upon his arms. Gyuri and Youngae just tossed and turn one balled paper and pass it back and forth, while Sooyoung just sighed and tapped her feet on the floor as she was listening over her phone's mp3.
 
"That guy right there was so serious about asking us to say thank you for what he did. Why did you say ot anyway Choi Changmin?" Gyuri said.
 
"Because he seems not like to let us go if we didn't while this, my brother in here was like putting a fight to a 6 footer highschooler. Isn't it awkward that he will be having a fight with someone who probably can drop him down from the rooftop?" Choi Changmin answered.
 
"Well, thats probably right." Sooyoung agreed. "But Changming oppa, that guy seems like he wanted to gain something from us. Its not like its the first time he actually looked at us that way."
 
Hyunki then sat up straight and looked at Sooyoung, "Now that you said that, I noticed that too. He was the only person who seemed to know who we are with. He seemed to expect something from us."
 
"I recon that he doesn't want o be friends with us." Changmin said 
 
"Maybe." all the girls replied.
 
"Hey Gyuri!" the older male called.
 
"What?" she answered.
 
"Are you sure that you didn't go out a date with that basketball weirdo!?"
 
"The hell! You know that I'm not dating Koreans when we're still at Boston."
 
"Unni, you do dating?" another innocent question from the only fifteen year old girl in the group.
 
"Well..." they all sighed when they have heard that.
 
"Yes, I do dating. Since I was your age."
 
"My age?! Papa and Dada will probably sealed me in my room if I did it as early as today."
 
"Well, maybe its because of the nature you have when you're growing up. And also the Korean's conservation."
 
"Does it feels good to be dating? What do you do when you go and have a date?"
 
"I think, we better stop here Lee Gyuri..." Youngae warned, "I'm sure that you wouldn't want Dr. Yoo curse us because we taught his daughter to date."
 
Gyuri then pushed her lips in and so as the twins resumed and buried their heads again in their arms.
 
A week has passed before Changhyun comes back to the mansion to get the shirt he has left. As usual, Aron was the one to welcome him and Hyoyoung just smiled at him in reservation. "Master Changhyun, you're back."
 
"Is Choi Minki here?"
 
"He's not here Master. Do you have something to talk about? I can call him now and tell him that you're here."
 
"The kids?"
 
"Eh? Isn't they're with Yoo Sooyoung and helping her at the coffee shop?"
 
"Ah, I'm sorry. Well, I will get something inside the bedroom."
 
"Okay. Would you like me to bring some drinks? You seemed so tired Master."
 
"I came from an all night duty, just maybe I'll have a glass of water then. If its not too much to ask."
 
"I already asked you Master. I think you better go upstairs now, you are really tired to forget such things."
 
"Okay. Thank you."
 
When Changhyun got in the bedroom, he closed the door before putting down his bag and looked around the bedroom. "I didn't really checked this the last time." he then took his round on the bedroom. He checked the drawers and the cabinet on under the lamp table. There he found some new pills bottle and packs of cigarettes. He takes it and throw it all the tablets on the bowel and flash it while he broke all the cigarettes before putting it on trash.
 
"Master..." Aron knocked.
 
"Come in Aron."
 
"Here's your water."
 
"Thank you." he said as he took the glass of water.
 
"You need anything else?"
 
"No, nothing more. Uh, by the way, what time does Minki goes home usually?"
 
"There isn't a usual time, but mostly he goes home pass nine in the evening."
 
"So he doesn't get to have dinner with the kids?"
 
"Since they came back from Boston, they only had dinner twice along with the Lee's."
 
"Well, so how they got to see each other?"
 
"In the morning, they would have some catch up."
 
"Okay. Please remind me my time here. I dont want the kids to found me here."
 
"I get it master."
 
"Thank you for understanding Kwak Aron."
 
"I never knew that I would say this again to you, but its my pleasure Master Changhyun."
 
Their conversation ended that moment. 
 
As Aron was smiling while preparing some food on the kitchen, his wife was happily watching him on the other side of the cupboard. "What are you smiling at? Don't you want to help me here?"
 
"Do you even want me to help you as you prepare the food for your long time no see master Changhyun?"
 
"You know what? Now, I know why I marry you. Because you see right through me without any hassle."
 
"So, the doubt of letting him in in this family again got deleted? You're not worry anymore about Master Minki's feelings?"
 
"I don't know." he then stops at what he was doing. "The moment that I met Yoo Sooyoung, I really felt afraid that Master Yoo Changhyun was her father and that will hurt Master Choi Minki, but then I worried about nothing. Master Minki had reconciled with his emotions very well that he was acting like everything was just how it should be. Master Changhyun in the other hand had never change upon treating Master Minki."
 
"Despite of them being ex husbands. In the moment like this, most divorce spouses usually face each other like strangers."
 
Thinking about it, Aron drifted again and resumed to what he was doing than answering his wife's observations. Not so long has pass, the house phone rang that the butler answered it, "Hello? Choi Residence, good afternoon."
 
"Aron, would you care to looked at the caller ID so that you wouldn't asked who am I?"
 
"Master Minki, sorry."
 
"Where's the kids?"
 
"They are with Yoo Sooyoung. I think they are having their part time job with her."
 
"Part time what...? Uh, don't bother about it. By the way, can you send me the other car in there. My car just died out."
 
"Okay master. By the way, Master Changhyun was here. He was inside the bedroom."
 
"What is he doing there?"
 
"He said he will get his shirt."
 
"As if... I told him to text me before going there. Anyway, let him feel comfortable. I'll be back early this afternoon. I just need to prepare some things. I thought I could have the babies with me, but then... thats all Aron. Send the car now."
 
"Okay Master got it." and he then dropped the call.
 
"Why did Master Minki called? Something happened?"
 
"He said he needed a car now so I must the other there. He will be home early and he thought he could have the kids together, but they were not here, so... you know. I also told him that his apparent ex husband was here too."
 
"What does he said?"
 
"Nothing much. I think I should tell it to Master Changhyun. Wait." he then proceeded to go upstairs and check on the doctor. As he knocks, there were no response from the inside, so he then opened it and looked in, there he found the lovely master sleeping on the bed peacefully while hugging the pillow beside him, Aron smiled, "This is the first time I saw him sleeping." he then got out and closed the bedroom door leaving the sleeping doctor inside and get back on the kitchen.
 
"How is he?"
 
"He's having his good time. We better not disturb him."
 
"Reminiscing?"
 
"Maybe." he showed off a naughty smiles.