.

Imprint to Memory.

Minseok runs his hands up Luhan's arm sitting on the desk in front of them. His fingernails grazing over almost translucent skin with next to no imperfections in the coloring. Luhan smiles down at him but then looks away to continue writing the notes. Minseok's fingers don't still until they get to Luhan's neck, where he lets them rest as he closes his eyes.

Luhan is warm and soft under his hand. Minseok's memorized the contour of Luhan's neck. So it isn't hard for him to find the back of the other's head, and thread his fingers into the lush pink hair at the nape. "Stop that," Luhan chuckles. "It tickles."

Minseok's fingers run through Luhan's hair and down to the other shoulder, pulling Luhan's head down onto the desk. Luhan lets out a squeak when his head meets the textbook. He opens his eyes and they're face-to-face now. Luhan's still smiling despite the position and Minseok sighs in admiration. Minseok thinks Luhan must have been made by the Gods or something.

Minseok scoots closer to Luhan and the other's eyes go wide at the sudden closeness. "Minnie, what are you doing?" Luhan whispers and glances up though there's no teacher to interrupt them. Minseok doesn't think he's ever been more grateful for private study period. "Memorizing you."

Luhan was pretty when he was confused. "Why? You see me everyday." Luhan's hand comes to rest on Minseok's in his lap. "Because I never want to forget you." Minseok was never one for cheesy lines that seem to come from some romantic comedy or something. Actually, he found them stupid and repulsive. But he couldn't stop himself with Luhan.

"That's either the stupidest or most romantic things I've heard." Luhan laughs and Minseok swears he feels it vibrating in his chest. Minseok leans in to close the remaining space between them, and pushes their lips together. Minseok's fingers squeeze the hand in his while the other hands pulls them closer together. 

Minseok gets momentarily lost when the tips of their wings brush each other. It's both the best and most euphoric feeling in the world. Luhan pulls them apart, "Probably the most romantic." He smiles and his eyes close. Minseok knows it's probably weird how much he likes Luhan's long eyelashes.

"We'll be together forever. Right?" Minseok asks with almost tears in his eyes. Minseok can't remember life before Luhan transferred here and he can't picture the other not in his future. Minseok doesn't know what he's going to do after they graduate. He doesn't know how he's gonna support himself or Luhan. He doesn't know where they're going to live or how they'll end up. But he knows he doesn't want this to stop.

Luhan lets go of Minseok's hand so he can wipe at the tears seeping out of the corners of his eyes. "I don't know, Minnie. Sadly I'm not a fortune fairy." It's funny but neither of them are smiling anymore. "At least promise me we'll be together for a long time." Minseok needs this, needs Luhan.

"I can't promise that either. But for right now I promise to be here." At least Luhan is honest and didn't lie to him or give him false hopes. Luhan kisses him again and the sparks fly and Minseok feels slightly lightheaded again. They don't go past moving their lips together, after all they have more respect than to start making out in a classroom filled with other people.

"Wanna go to The Willow after school?" Minseok asks. The Willow was an isolated tree in the middle of a field of flowers. No one else but them seemed to know too much about it's location. It was their secret place away from the judgmental glares of the elder fairies. Where they can kiss and touch in the noon sun, or shade if it's too hot. Where Minseok can freely run his hands into the other's hair or tickle his wings. 

"But of course." Luhan taps Minseok's nose and leans to sit up. Minseok lets him but keeps his head down. He looks up sleepily at Luhan, who has begun taking his notes again. Minseok hooks his fingers with Luhan's free hand. If they can't have forever or even eternity than Minseok would have to make the best of the present, the now.

"I love you." Minseok whispers and pulls his head to rest on their hands. They have at least twenty minutes until private study ends. Minseok's asleep before he hears the faint, "I love you too."