Kingdom of Angels

From Heaven

I

 

A silent place where silence is not deafening but overwhelming.

 

It is a sanctuary of life, of goodness, of love.

 

A kingdom  filled with brightness, bounded by white clouds and blue shades of the sky, surrounded by gold and precious treasures.

 

For ordinary people, this is what you call heaven- But what we don't know is that, this is the Kingdom of Angels, the place that will eventually lead you to the "real safe haven" of the soul.

 

And in the midst of this solemn place, there are two heavenly beings conversing about something...

 

 

 

 

"Why do we have to protect them?" A boy in a white robe asked with the tinge of curiosity in his face.

 

"Protect who?" The girl with a long hair, also in  white robe, asked as she sat beside the puzzled boy.

 

"Protect humans. Why do we have to guard them and keep them safe if they're the best living creation?" He leaned his head at the headrest of the golden bench they're sitting on.

 

"It is because they have imperfections." The girl answered as she fixed her hair.

 

"So are we supposed to fill their those imperfections?" The boy looked back at her again, this time with furrowed eyebrows as the answers seemed to confuse his already dazed mind.

 

The girl softly laughed and patted the boy's head as she smiled on him. "You think too much, Seunghyun. No wonder you have those dark circles under your eyes." 

 

As he heard it, he consciously touched the pair of dark circles on his face. Realizing what the girl had told him, he pouted and said, "Noona, I'm just wondering about it."

 

"You are still a cherub. Soon, you'd know how it feels to be with humans." She stood up and patted the boy's shoulder. "We should go now, Little Seunghyun. I heard we will have an assembly."

 

As he heard this, the boy stood up from his seat and walked with the girl, a pair of wings flapped on his back.

 

 

II

 

The two reached the golden gate after their short walk. As they heard the heartwarming sound of harps and saw the others, also in white robe with their haloes, gather near the gate.

 

In front of them, a guy, also wearing a white robe, stood up straight and cleared his throat to ask everyone's attention. The music from the harps stopped and the guy started talking,

 

"Good day angels. We are gathered today for an important announcement from Above, as well as a message from the Council of Angels." The guy said in a loud yet calm voice as he's holding a big golden scroll.

 

"The Protector of the Earth wants to tell us that we should appoint some cherubs as guardians today." As everyone heard the messsage, they all fell silent. Probably contemplating on the news passed on them.

 

"Any of you would want to say something?" The messenger asked.

 

Someone raised her hand in the middle of the silent crowd.

 

"Yes, Dara?"

 

"I would want to ask something Messenger Seung gi. Why does the appoinment of cherubs needs to be done today? We usually do it two *..* before the week of Salvation." The girl, who's name is Dara, asked as the boy beside him, the one who has the pair of dark circles under his eyes, looked at her.

 

"Good question, Dara. The Protector of the Earth said that the Earth is in need for more guardians. As the forces that we don't want to mention increased and the population of humans also rise up in number." The angel named Seung gi said as he closed the scroll. "So all cherubs should go to the Keeper of the Watch and know if they're the chosen few who will become as guardians. That's all for today and all of you may be back from your tasks." He said and end his speech. With this, the other angels dispersed, some with the angelic smile plastered on their faces.

 

 

III

 

"Aren't you excited, Little Seunghyun?" Dara asked the boy beside him as they walk  with the other angels.

 

"I am." The boy whispered as he fidgets with his fingers.

 

"I can feel a nervous Seungseung. Come on! If you're one of the chosen cherubs, your journey as a guardian will start." Dara cheered up the boy and pulled him to walk briskly towards the other side of the gate.

 

"Noona!" The boy softly yelled, his wings flapping as he walked fast.

 

 

 

IV

The cherubs are lining up on the other side of the golden gate. All of them are queueing to talk to the Keeper of the Watch and confirm if they are the chosen guardians.

 

"Noona. What if I'm not chosen?" The boy asked as he's closely approaching the end of the line.

 

"You will. I know you've grown enough to be a guardian. You're better than me, Little Seunghyun." Dara smiled and fixed the boy's hair. 

 

"I wonder why Noona is always happy." Trying to ease the nervousness he is feeling, he asked his beloved noona, who in that time is already a guardian.

 

"I am happy because guardians are supposed to be happy." Dara grinned and softly clapped her hands. "Looks like.."

 

Dara wasn't able to finish her sentence as the messengers of cherubs called their attention. "Cherub Seunghyun, the Keeper of the Watch is now calling you." 

 

"Go Seungseung!" Dara whispered as the boy walked toward the Keeper of the Watch's seat.

 

 

 

V

 

"Good day, Cherub." An old man welcomed the boy with a smile as he stood up from his seat.

 

"Good day, Senior Jaesuk." The boy bowed down and greeted the Keeper of the Watch.

 

"I am glad that you went here to see me, son." He said as he went back to his seat and started skimming his golden book of records.

 

The boy just smiled at him as he waits for the confirmation.

 

 

 

"Son, I am glad to say that you're one of the chosen cherubs. You are now a guardian." Jaesuk said and continously read the particular page of his book, which could be about the angel in front of him.

 

 

 

As he heard this, the boy's expression brightened and he looked up to the Keeper of the Watch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And you'd be guarding the human, whose name is Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

           There are three types of angel in this story. I based it from what I've read and from my imagination. ^~^ The first type is cherub/s who are the young angels. Young in the sense of they are those angels who are doing the minimal duties in the Kingdom. They are still trained but they are those angels in charge of dealing with babies and infants in the human world. The second type is the guardian/s who are the "guardian angels" that we know. They protect and defend humans from evil forces and harm. The third level are the seraph/s who have the three pairs of wings. Seraphs are one of the highest types of angels. 

        All Clear? ^~^ So Hello! :D It took me a long time to write this short update but I hope you all kinda like it or you've understood this chap. :) I promise to clear things up on the next chapters. :) 

       And, I WANT TO THANK THE 14 SUBBIES OF THIS STORY. I SWEAR, YOU GUYS MADE ME HAPPY. HIHIHIHI ♥♥ I didn't expect that I will have that number of subbies when I upload the prologue. So I am very thankful. ♥ ^//^

      So there, I hope you'd find this chapter interesting and y'all will stay tuned for updates. :)

      Thank you very much and spread the love. Hihihi

 

    With Nyongtory Feels,

     - Bananapanda

 

P.S: Sorry for grammar/typo errors. And don't forget to Comment and Subscribe. :)