Chapter 3.I'll try harder....

Eccedentesiast

Before Minho realized it, he was in front of Taemin’s so called house given by WGM. Key tapped his shoulder, “Will you really be alright?”. Minho nodded and gave him one of his best smiles, “Of course! Ya! Kim Kibum, are you worrying about me? Really? The Kim Kibum is worrying about me? Wow, the world might end tomr-“ “Oh off!” Minho glanced at Key and Key seemed to really believe one of his lies. Minho thought to himself that maybe he was not a bad actor at all and smiled. If anyone was looking at him, they could’ve seen the most heartbreaking smile a man can make. His eyes were looking at everywhere but the “Taemin <3 Naeun” sign board and he was sweating like he had never before. Maybe he might not even be able to get over this mountain.

Key had been knocking the door for quite a long time now while Minho was trying to get himself together. The cameras started rolling and everything was ready, he smiled to himself for the last time. “He’s happy….you can do it , Choi Minho, Hwaiting!” he whispered to himself as Key went to the other way of the house. He followed Key quickly, “Ya! Where are you going?” “You ! They’re on the first floor, you can go in from the window!”, Key snapped back at him. Minho quickly climbed up and went in following Key, “Ya Lee Taemin , why didn’t you open the door?”

Minho’s world froze for a second, there was the love of his life wearing a couple aprons and living with someone who was not him. But Taemin was his and his only, before he knew himself, Minho went to hug Taemin and push away Naeun on the way, “Our Taeminnie-”. Taemin was shocked and stared at Miho wide eyes. Minho pretended as if everything was normal and kept on hugging Taemin, at that moment, no matter how childish he was being, he just wanted to show the world that Taemin was still his. Just once.. “-Our Taeminnie got married and all.. ahhhahhahahaha”. Maybe Minho was really good at acting; no one seemed to realize he was dying inside. “So… I’ve to officially introduce her now, right? This is my wife….” Minho started laughing at how awkward Taemin looked. That was a lie, he was laughing at how pathetic himself looked. “Maybe… that was the term Taemin wanted to use, “wife”… maybe.. maybe.. he didn’t want me to be his husband.. what are you talking about, of course he didn’t want it. He didn’t even love you in the first place. Stop lying yourself Minho.” These were the thoughts that hunted Minho as he laughed uncontrollably. Taemin then started talking about the drama they shot together and Key was staring at Naeun as he said “Oh, I was there too”. He smirked at Naeun’s bewilderment for a split-second, and then he just talked about random things as nothing happened. As the shooting went on, Minho looked around the apartment and something caught his eyes, “Taemin, you do these kind of stuffs too?” Minho was now pointing at the sticker photo Taemin took with Naeun and he turned away from the cameras as his eyes got teary.

~~~~~~~~~

flashback

“Minho hyung, are you sure you can’t recognize me?” Taemin asked Minho as he looked around, “Should I put another scurf on?”. Minho chuckled as he put his hand on Taemin’s shoulder. “Aigoo, our Taeminnie worries so much, no one can recognize you, don’t worry! I’m here to protect you, aren’t I? Common we’re gonna be late!” He pulled Taemin to the night market where they decided their date to be. “Taem!!! Come here!! Let’s take a photo together; we haven’t taken a sticker photo together before! Come quick!!!!” Minho was so excited as he pulled Taemin’s hand and pass through the people to get the photo booth. As soon as they got in front of the photo booth, Taemin shook his head as he said, “Hyung……. Let’s just take a photo with your phone, these photos might go public and besides, I hate these photo booths-“ Minho held Taemin’s hand, “Ohhh, our princess wants to take photos with my phone?” Taemin blushed at the new nickname, “Hyungggggggggg-“ Taemin hid his face in his think scurf. “What? Did anyone made our princess upset? Come here, I’ll protect you!” Minho kissed Taemin’s forehead as he hugged him.

“Taemin-ah… why did you delete our photos on your phone?” Minho asked as he pouted. “Sorry hyung, they might go public, you know how good our fans are at hacking devices.” Taemin back-hugged his upset boyfriend as he said it. Minho was about to ask why was Tamin so scared to be caught dating him but at the end, he never did. He was afraid that he might already knew the answer.  

~~~~~~~~

A drop of tear left Minho’s eye. He quickly rubbed it with his jumper and put his everything-is-so-perfect-smile-mask back on. There was a break before they filmed the dining scene; a break for Minho to take off his mask. He excused himself to the bathroom, what he didn’t expect was Taemin to leave Naeun and followed him, “Oh Taemin, you going to the bathroom too?” he asked in the most cheerful tone he could make at that moment. “Hyung……….. I’m sorry..” Taemin said in a low tone. “For what, Taem? Everything’s fi-“ “You’re a bad liar, hyung. You may be good at acting but you’re never good at lying” Taemin turned around and left Minho all alone again. For some reason, that moment was all too familiar to Minho, Taemin saying whatever he wanted and leaving him, “I’m sorry if I made you sad, Taem.. I’ll try harder next time..”

The meals were not too bad for the first time cooking; the problem was just that Minho couldn’t taste or feel anything. They all tasted like water and rubbers to him. Maybe he was still too numb. “I should at least act real right?” Minho thought to himself as he started judging the meals joining Key. “Hyung, try this~” Taemin pointed at a piece of Kimchi and looked at Minho. “You put something in there right?” Minho said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. For him, it was. This was Minho, who knew every single thing about a boy called Taemin who was once his.

The PD called Minho after that told him that Naeun chose Jonghyun before and told him to tease Taemin about that. “He’ll get really upset..” Minho murmured to himself, “Well, that’s the point!” the PD cheered as he patted Minho’s shoulder. When they shoot the scene, Minho closed Taemin’s eyes and ears as Key asked Naeun who it was. He didn’t want Taemin to know it till the end, but who was he kidding, they were on the variety show, of course they would tell him and make fun of him. “Is Taemin-Oppa good at peeling fruits?” Naeun asked. “No, he always has Mi-“ Key stopped as he realized what he just said so he changed his sentence, “No, he never even does that.” Key looked at Minho and Minho reassured him with a smile, “This will be over in half an hour..”. After the shooting, Minho went home by himself because Key went out to hang out with his friends. He was alone again at home, so he called to meet up with one of his closet hyungs, Changmin.

Minho : Hyung, where are you? Do you have time?

Changmin : HaHa, what an coincident, I’m heading to a bar too, I didn’t call you because Taemin      doesn’t like it when you drink with me-

Minho : We broke up….....

Changmin : ………………..

Minho : “Are you going to the usual one, hyung? I’ll be there in 15 minute

Changmin : Minho….. are you-
Minho : Alright? haha.. Don’t worry hyung, I’m pretty much in my right mind right now…..I’ll be there….