Chapter 2. Dark Humor

Eccedentesiast

    SHINee’s manager came in to the dorm as he announced that they’ve to perform at dream concert in two days. He apologised about the late notice and that he, himself even didn’t know about the new schedule that was added just a few minutes ago. As usual, Jonghyun started complaining and Key went to his room to find accessories that would match their outfit. “Where is Minho and Onew?” after the complaining that no one really paid attention to, Jonghyun finally remembered the missing members. “Onew is on his way back now and Minho is going straight to his another schedule.” Their manager replied. “Isn’t Minho having too much schedules by himself? He didn’t even get 4 hours sleep in two days.” Key asked the manager as he came out of his room. The manager seemed to think for a bit and replied, “He told me he was feeling very fine these days and that he wants to work more. This morning, he even arranged his own schedule so he could have less rest time. That guy……………… he just keeps on smiling and does all the works by himself….”. “Does he look really happy to you though?” Onew took of his shoes off and threw his bag on the sofa. “Yeah, I’ve never seen Minho being that happy. Did he get a girlfriend or something? Do you know?” The manager asked as Onew sat beside him. “No.. I guess, he’s just happy…” Onew glanced at Taemin who was distracted with his phone and sighed, “I really wish he is…” That was just above a whisper and he went to his own room.

    “Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio~ Hello everyone, today’s MC, SHINee’s Minho”, Key the radio. “He got dumped, why is his voice sound always so happy, that idiot.” Key mumbled to himself. “Hey Taem, don’t u even feel a little bit sorry? You ing dumped him for no reason.” He screamed at Taemin as Taemin came out of the bathroom with his phone in his hand again. “Didn’t you just say he sounds happy? I bet he probably doesn’t even care. Can’t you be happy for me once? Geez, what’s the problem with you.” Taemin seemed to be annoyed by Key’s sudden outburst. “Whatever, just be careful with who you meet.” “What do you mean? Are you saying Naeun is not good enough? Seriously, what the is wrong with you?” “I’m just telling you to be careful….” Key turned back and put the volume louder.

Ryeowook: So……. Today’s topic is ­shadow love~ Minho-ssi, what do you think about loving someone from afar?”
Minho: I believe that when you love someone, you just want to see them being happy……………even when you are in a shadow…”
Ryeowook: Wow, that was deep. You seem to have an experience in that area, aye?”
Minho: No, I read a book about that recently… so..yeah..”
Ryeowook: O…kay, so do you want to choose a song for this topic first?”
Minho: um……… there’s a song I’ve been listening to a lot these days. It’s Special by Lee Hi. Please enjoy”

Key turned off the radio and looked back at Taemin’s sleeping form still with his phone in his hand. “You have no idea what you are doing.. do you?” Key sighed and went to his bed.

    It was four in the morning and for once, someone was up before Key and making breakfast. Maybe that person didn’t sleep at all. Key was woken up by the noise in the kitchen, “Ajjuma?……why are you here so early?” “Oh, Kibum you are up already? Sorry, I was just trying to make something for breakfast. We haven’t had a proper meal for breakfast in a while right?” “Choi Minho… are you trying to kill yourself or something….” Key said with his eyes only half opened. Minho laughed, “Don’t worry, I won’t burn the whole dorm down… Everything’s fine. See? I even made Kimchi Jjigae for you ……………..and Taem.. he likes it a lot..” “Minho-ah...”Key put his hand on Minho’s shoulder. Minho turned around with his perfect smiling face, “You sound tired, you should go back to sleep. I’ll get everything done when you guys wake up so don’t worry and go back to sleep. Go! Go!” Minho pushed Key back to his shared room with Taemin.

    It was one of those days where all the SHINee members’ attentions were on the food. All the foods on the table were gone as soon as they were placed. Onew looked at Minho as if he was just saved from death by a hero and said, “Minho-ah, can’t you cook like that every day? No, just marry me..” The leader was even doing aegyo. Jonghyun and Key complimented Minho as well. Taemin was the last one to finish. “Hyung, is there any Kimchi Jjigae left? Can I take some to the schedule today?” Minho was more than happy to hear that from Taemin, “Sure, why not? I made a lot because you like it. I’ll pack it for you, just give me a minute.” “Thanks hyung, I’ve WGM shooting today and Naeun really likes Kimchi Jjigae as well.” Minho froze for a moment. It was barely a second; Minho smiled like it didn’t hurt him and focused on preparing Taemin’s lunchbox, or maybe it should be called Naeun’s. “Maybe she’ll fall for my cooking skills and leave you, hahhhhh” Minho joked, it was just a dark humor. Taemin replied immediately, “In your dreams!!!!” Minho laughed and laughed, till he was sure he wouldn’t breakdown just there. Deep down there, he still wished the person Taemin cared about is him and not Naeun and that Naeun never came into their lives.
The manager came in holding a new schedule, “Minho, you have no schedule today, is there anything do you want to do? Or do you just want to stay at home?” Minho looked carefully at the schedule, “I don’t feel like staying at home, hyung. Find me something.” “Alright, oh and Key you only have a photoshoot in the morning as well. What about you two visit Taemin on WGM? I’m sure the PD would love it.” The manager’s phone rang and he rushed out to answer not giving time for Minho and Key to refuse. Key looked at Minho as if he was asking “Are you gonna be alright?”. As usual, Minho just smiled.

    After everyone left, Minho head straight to gym to get his head cleared. For a moment, it was the best option for him. He worked out for hours and hours, he put more afford when he thought of Taemin. He did everything and anything you could do at gym for hours and hours until he couldn’t move anymore. Minho’s phone vibrated and he sat down to check his phone. He groaned when he saw the photo of himself and Taemin as wallpaper. All the effort he had put in faded away as he stared at the screen and thought about how happy they were back then. His phone vibrated again,
1 msg form Taeminnie<3<3<3
1 msg from manager hyung.
He opened the manager’s message first, “WGM starts in an hour, get ready now^^”
The message from Taemin had only on word “Hwaiting!! ^^”
Minho laughed at how irony that one word was. He picked up himself to shower and get ready for the program.. “You can do it, Choi Minho! Taem’s happy; you are happy. Aja Aja Hwaiting!!” and he smiled.. “Perfect!” just smile…