Chapter 13

Our Problematic Relationship

No. The picture below has nothing to do with the chapter. I just love Zero, that's all. XD


 

 

Staring at the doorbell, you hesitated whether to ring the bell or just call him down by messaging him. You looked up again at his huge house. His house is magnificent, as always.

 

It is not that far, his house is located 20 minutes of walking away from your own. Still, you cannot believe you came all the way here, WALKING alone at night.

 

In the end, you gave up trying both. You decided to sit on the pavement in front of the small gate of the house, hugging your knees and resting you chin on it.

 

 

“Do you want to go to him?”

 

 

…..

 

You were not sure who is ‘he’, but judging by the fact that Daehyun heard your conversation with his ‘Petite Darling’, he was talking about Luhan.

 

“Will you let me go?” you answered half-heartedly. Not expecting anything from him. But..

 

“If you want to go, go then. Instead, send Hyewon to me please”

 

You looked at Daehyun in disbelief. Is he for real? “Enough with testing me, Daehyun”

 

But he wore his serious look on his face which make you doubt him even more. “What are you trying to do?”

 

He grinned. “I just miss my Hyewon”

 

“Are you serious with her?” you thought he date her to get updates on Luhan, which involves you.

 

He nodded. “Of course I am. Why would I agree to date her if I’m not?”

 

Gaaah! Mad. Damn Naeun! Why are you soo self-centered? Why would he date anyone because of you?

 

“Really? Then should I just call her over?”

 

He made a thinking face, the he shook his head. “No, I’ll call her. You can go to her brother”

 

He did not move from his seat nor did he look at you when he said that. But he is serious on letting you go. Yet, you still hesitated. You moved to te window to see his reaction, to see if he is just kidding.

 

“Dae, I’m going to Luhan…?” you asked for the last time before you jump back to you room.

 

His continuous stupid grin signaled a yes to you.

 

So off you go, although you don’t know what to say when you meet Luhan later.

 

 That is IF he is willing to meet you after yesterday’s episode.

 

 

“Why didn’t you ring the doorbell?”

 

Your heart jumped at the sudden breathing presence sitting beside you.

 

“Gosh! Luhan!” you patted yourself to calm down. He chuckled at your reaction, enjoying bits of it in amusement. Then he coughed.

 

“Yeah. That’s what you get for scaring me,” you laughed. But he smiled warmly at your words after recovering himself from the chocking cough. You had to stop laughing, knowing you are part of the reasons why he had the fever.

 

“So, why are we sitting here?,” he asked when you did not answer him why you did not ring the door.

 

“How did you know I am here?”

 

“I’ve been waiting for you since Daehyun called. Hyewon has left half and hour ago but you are still not here. I got worried and so… as I thought… here you are, afraid to ring the door. Scared I might chase you away. Am I right?”

 

You smiled bitterly when he spelled the truth for you. “Are you feeling better?”

 

“Emm,” he nodded. He moved himself to a more comfortable position sitting beside you, gave up trying to invite you inside. He rest his back against the wall since you did not show any sign of moving from your own position.

 

“Good, then…” you said.

 

Both of you went to silence. Being self-conscious with each other..

 

He then suddenly sighed. “I hate you for being a coward behind him. But I’m not supposed to judge you either. I believe you have your own reasons for doing so. Though I think they are silly reasons”

 

You scoffed. ‘Silly reasons’, he said? Luhan knows, though a bit blurred since he is just guessing your story. He understands you and Daehyun, after years being an observer and getting himself involved directly with you. Thus, he succeed in being patient and waited. It's just, maybe recently he got tired from all these mess... but..

 

“Nonetheless, I love you and there will be no reasons for me not wanting to see you. You can get rid of those worries,” he added.

 

You felt your heart relieved, though you did not respond to it verbally. So, is he going to be patient again? Is he going back to the Luhan who tolerate thing when it come to you? The questions, however, remain unspoken. For you fear that you'll turn into a selfish brat if you really ask him. Greeds..

 

Then both of you were thrown into another silence. But this one, is a comforting silence. And you are liking the tranquility of the night. Enjoying the silent company. Admiring the passing breeze. It felt the raining-heart breaking morning never happened.

 

“Naeun-ah,” you turned to him but he is looking upward to the darkness of the sky. Glints of sadness mixed with hope are present in his eyes. What, you asked.

 

“If you can’t come to me openly… Can’t you just cheat on him with me?”

 

You laughed at his unexpectedly brilliant idea. “And had you killed when he found out? Better not, Lulu”

 

“But he let you come here. That should means something”

 

“Like a father giving her daughter permission to date? No, Luhan. It’s not like that”

 

“But we could try. He dates my sister, why can’t I date you?”

 

“Because I don’t want to”

 

“But you love me. I know”

 

Yes. He knows. Why does he knows so many things? You groaned at his stubbornness. Here we have Luhan the Brat again.

 

You asked him if he has forgotten his first trial to hit on you. He did big mistake when he did it in front of Daehyun. He earned few beatings after that by all six members of BAP.

 

His friends could only watch from afar, knowing that the kingkas are involved. But the person next to you laughed as he reminiscing with the memories.

 

“I practically LOL a lot when I think about that. I only said ‘hi’, barely said any flirting words, and they dragged me away. Daehyun’s overprotective”

 

“A ‘Hi’ is normal. But not for me. I barely had any friend. You were a stranger on top of that. It’s his normal reaction”

 

He smirked. “I know. I learnt that you are not easy, the hard way”

 

You unconsciously patted his head, comforting him for all the hard time that he had to go through because of you.

 

That, however, ended with both of you staring at each other in attachment. It’s lovely to have this kind of relaxing conversation with Luhan sometimes. Because you could just look into his deep doe-like eyes, and tell him words you could not spit for yourself.

 

Being with him has a soothing effect on your not-so-hectic life, at least most of the time. Although, you cannot say the same goes for your heart.

 

“I’d better get going. Mom and dad might get worried if they came back to an empty house,” you stood by yourself, brushing off the dust from your pants. Then, Luhan took your wrist causing you to look his way.

 

He was still sitting there, looking up to you like a child with those eyes. Now that you realized it, you were surprised to see Luhan in his blue nightshirt.

 

And he had a pair of cute cartoon slippers on.

 

And plus, you had him sitting with you on the pavement in this cold ing night, when he just got better from the fever! Goshh~ What have you done to this son of wealthy family?

 

“Can’t you consider again?,” he asked. Still holding your wrist.

 

“What?”

 

“Cheating on Daehyun with me? I will keep it as our secret. I won’t make it obvious”

 

“I’m not even dating Daehyun in the first place for me to cheat on him”

 

“I know. But let’s try it. We’ll stop when you say we’re done. Let’s do it just for once,” Luhan’s eyes was full of hopes and you just hate the thoughts of crushing him again.

 

But Daehyun will be furious if he found out that you finally said yes to him. You squatted back to his eye level, changing the position of your fingers so that they intertwined with his. You let out a heavy sigh.

 

“What do I do with you, Luhan?”

 

“Say yes! It will be fun!”

 

So, say YES??