Chapter 14

Our Problematic Relationship

 

 

 

Luhan sent you home last night. By his car, of course. Though you said you could walk. He insisted on not letting you walk alone at night. He wanted to take Hyewon home by the way, so you give in.

 

When you got home, you went to Daehyun’s house first, while Luhan chose to wait outside. You entered the password by yourself without even care to knock. And there you go, you saw the couple in the kitchen.

 

Daehyun was hugging her from her back, whispering something funny to her liking because after that she giggled in his arm. You rolled your eyes at the sight of it.

 

 

“Hyewon-ah, you brother is outside. You should go home by now,” you said.

 

Then she pouted. “It’s not fair, oppa. I want to live next to you too!”

 

“I know right… Hyewon-ah~ If you live next to me we could date every single day,” he said. His eyes were fixed on you though.

 

He then made Hyewon turn to face him and slowly his eyes drifted to her. As he softens his gaze, his lips curved to form a lovely smile for her.

 

“But since your brother is here, you have to go home. I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Okay?”

 

“Okay!”

 

 

Gaahhh!

 

You were speechless at how obedient she is to his boyfriend. You bet she does not even listen to her brother like she listens to Daehyun.

 

He sent her out to her brother. You seized the chance to run back to your room through Daehyun’s window.  

 

Mom and dad were home when you checked the house. They asked where you were so you said you were at Daehyun’s house. And they did not care to ask further.

 

That is that. End of the day. Daehyun did not climb to your room. Maybe Hyewon’s warmth lingers around him so he could fall asleep just fine.

 

And here you thought, you are irreplaceable.

Funny.

 

Maybe finally it is the time to let go of each other… ?

 

 

 

Today you came to school as usual. Do I still need to spell the routine for you? Wake Daehyun up. Throw him breakfast. ‘Accidently’ met Hyewon on the way. Then you walk alone to class.

 

What surprised you is that, Luhan came early today. Few minutes after you took your seat, he came walking in his own swag smiling so brightly to you.

 

“Morning!,” he said.

 

You gave him an indifferent look like you always do whenever he attempt to flirt on you, but you can’t help but to burst into a smile when he is not looking. He took his seat then turned his chair around to face you.

 

He received a forewarning from Nana’s eyes when his action made Nana -who sits quietly beside you- glared at him.

 

Yet, his gaze does not leave you. Instead, he gave Nana a ‘Talk-to-the-Hand’ gesture to block Nana’s laser eyes from penetrating his head, which succeed in causing you to chuckle at his action.

 

Nana broke the staring and look outside the window as she made an annoyed face. You saw her turn up the volume of her MP3.

 

“I said morning~,” your attention drifted back to the person in front of you. His smiles did not change a bit.

 

“Morning, Lulu,” you smiled back. It felt weird to be good to him openly.

 

“I came early today”

 

And you look extra cheery today, you add in your head. “I know Luhan”

 

“Don’t you want to give me any reward for my hard work?”

 

“What hard work?”

 

“Do you know how hard it is for me to wake up early and come to school early like this?”

 

“No”

 

He pouted. He complained that you are always harsh with your words. You laughed it off. He is used to it though. Since, you have rejected him so many times.

 

“Good job, Lulu,” you patted his head awkwardly and he grinned with happiness written all over his face.

 

Yes, it felt weird to be good to him openly. Thank goodness, Daehyun is not in the same class. Or else, you don’t know what might happen if he sees you and Luhan like that.

 

“Now, if you still want to make it a secret, turn your chair back to front before anyone got suspicious,” you whispered to him in a low tone.

 

He nodded and turned his chair around. But he left you chocolate on your table. And it’s peppermint!

 

Pfft~ thank you!

 

Though he did not see you express your gratitude, surely you saw a glimpse of his wonderful proud smile.

 

Is this why people do all these things when they date? Because these act make our hearts flutters and all warm and dreamy.

 

You never know since you belong to Daehyun all the time, you had no chance to date other guy. And it is not like Daehyun is your date or anything.

 

You do have heart-fluttering moments with Daehyun but an invincible wall exist between you two.

 

An unwritten rules was created from that past incident, and it says that both of you could never have any real romance going around each other. And the rules are getting stronger as time passes by.

 

Unless he break it.

 

Yes, Daehyun is the one who need to break it since you have no right to do so.

 

And as for Luhan. You agreed to date him. Secretly, though. He jumped excitedly when you said yes last night. Gaaah! You don’t know why you did it. Where did you get the courage?

 

You were not sure if Daehyun would even care now, since it seems like he is letting you go. And he seemed busy with his Hyewon. But no official statement came out from him.

 

 

Hence, you did not dare to guess.

 

 

“Naeun-ah~,” the person in front of you turned around to meet your eyes. Finally, recess time! Only you two were left in the class, the rest have gone to stuff themselves.

 

“Are you free this weekend?,” he asked. “No, just make it free for me”

 

You looked at him questioning with your raised forehead. It is only Monday and he is asking about the weekend.

 

“You are not taking me to any date,” you said almost firmly.

 

“Whyyyyy?”

 

“Are you crazy? What if he found out?”

 

Let’s just have a date at my house then, he said. Uh-huh. Brilliant idea, Luhan. You are not going his house with Daehyun’s little army in there.

 

“I’ll have her out. She could have a date with Daehyun”

 

There you go. Luhan. He will think of other hundred tricks even if you rejected this idea. Once he is determine to do something or when he want something, he’ll do everything he could to have it.

 

And you always know it is not easy for him to give up. Thus, saying no is pointless. “Up to you”

 

You do not even know what you were doing. You do not know where your decision will take you. Right now, you only act following your stupid damned heart.

 

Maybe you are too tired from calculating your steps.

 

Tired from all these mess.

 

You don’t know what will happen this weekend, even when you agreed to the date, it does not really secure anything.

 

You have a long week to go through anyway, considering you are dating secretly now.

 

The break up might come sooner than the date. 

 

 

Luhan :  kekeke We are finally dating! XD

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S ONE-TWO WORDS

 

I wanted to make it more fluffy. But I'm bad at it T,T

Hope you enjoy the chapter. While you can... XD