1

Summer Ride

 

 
Dara dangled her legs out the window and hummed along with the melody of the song being played on the radio. 
 
 
Jiyong was bobbing his head along with the beat while driving the old vintage volkswagen borrowed from his dad. 
 
 
They were on a road trip to  Daecheon Beach. It was the summer holiday and Dara wouldn't stop pestering Jiyong to bring her on a short weekend getaway. As her best friend since elementary school, Jiyong could never reject her request.
 
 
 
"Hey Ji." breaking the comfortable silence.
 
"What?" Jiyong asked, taking his eyes off the road a few seconds to get a glance of the petite girl lying lazily.
 
"I need to pee."
 
"Okay, I'll stop at the first petrol station." he said with a chuckle.
 
After three minutes of silence, except the radio playing.
 
"Ji ~ Hurryyyyy~ I can't hold it anymore." She whined. Crossing her dangling slim milky legs while scrunching her nose with her red Red-Banz on.
 
"Alright, we're almost there." Jiyong said with a small smile.
 
 
 
 
>>>>>>>
 
 
JIYONG POV
 
 
"That's more like it! Let's get back on the road!" Dara cheered as she entered the car after using the toilet.
 
Dara has always been my close friend. She is the total opposite of me. She's talkative, out-going, friendly and cheerful. She's practically a walking sunshine. No doubt the number of guys waiting in line to get her attention. While I on the other hand prefer books as my company. Although I do have a number of girls approaching me for dates and stuff like that, I had no choice but to politely declined them. 
 
 
Because they just wasn't her.
 
 
Every guy in school is itching to be in my position, as Dara best friend. Yeah sure it's awesome to have a best friend like her. But the worst thing about this is, maybe I'll forever only be her best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. No matter how much I feel for her, I had to keep it in. Or else I'll just ruin this whole friendship thing. 
 
 
Somehow, I don't know how long more can I bottle all these feelings in. I love her so much to the moon and back. She just doesn't notice. 
 
 
I glance to take a look at her sipping her coke I bought for her at the station with her legs crossed Indian style. Then she gave me her beautiful dorky smile. I just wanted to stop the freaking car and kiss her endlessly, claiming her mine. Thats how much I'm obsess with her. But in reality, I just gave her a smile back and chuckled, going back to focus on the road.
 
 
 
"Whatca laughing at huh?" Dara poked my thigh with her feet.
 
"Nothing. You look stupid even when you're drinking."
 
"No, I look adorable." she huffed and she held her chin up with a smug on her face.
 
Sure, that was without a doubt true. I mean, even if she just stood at a corner she would look adorable.
 
"Yeah, that's what you think." I replied her.
 
"HEEEYYY!!! Tell me I'm adorable!!" she exclaimed while kicking me with her feet.
 
"Stop it D! I'm driving!" trying to keep a straight face, to make her think I'm serious. Well, obviously failing in it.
 
"I don't care! Tell me I'm cute! Nowwww!" she joked. This time she was actually about to climb onto my laps to get my fullest attention.
 
Using one hand to stir, I playfully covered her face with my palm. 
 
"Yaaaahhh! You're cheating! You can't do this!" she muffled into my palm, trying to get my hand off her face.
 
"Haahaaahaha! My gosh, okay okay.  My stomach hurts already. Hahaha!" I held my stomach laughing like a hyena.
 
"Fine, laugh all you want. I'm still adorable." she folded her arms with her chin held high again. 
 
"Yes, you are very adorable." I nodded towards her. She is in sensing sarcasm, that's one thing about her too. Too naive. 
 
"Hmph! Told you I'm adorable. You should have just admitted that sooner Ji!" she cheered, sticking her head out the window feeling the wind.
 
This is what I love about her. She's fun to be around with. She is simple-minded. Unlike other girls, she goes all elated and smiley over just the little things.
 
 
 
>>>>>>>
 
JIYONG POV
 
53bd507b8755f5e6f3c54239919b777b.jpg
 
Finally, we arrived at my family's beach house. It's a simple and small two-story white house along the beach. It was rarely used unless we needed a short trip.
 
 
"WOAHHH! This is so cool ... It's just like how I imagine to be like when you described it to me!" she exclaimed in awe as she slid her shades onto her crown, pulling her fringe up.
 
 
"Let's go in." I said with a smile.
 
 
"Well, I'm kinda glad you liked it. It's actually really old I think." I said while carrying her and my bag packs inside. 
 
 
I looked at Dara who seemed so engross in inspecting the insides of the beach house.
 
 
"Mordern. Love it!" Dara turned around and gave me a big beaming grin. 
 
 
I chuckled and went upstairs to leave our bags.
 
"Hey D, the first room to the right is yours." 
 
"Okay! Ohmygosh! You have a swimming pool at the back?! The view is awesome!!!" Dara squealed in excitement. 
 
"I can swim and enjoy the view of the freaking sea! I never wanna leave this place Ji." she said breathlessly.
 
"Me too Dara, me too." I whispered and smiled as, I too, was admiring the magnificent sea view of Daecheon. 
 
 
"How lucky am I to be here. Thanks Jiyong. Thanks for bringing me here." Dara sighed with grateful ness and circled her arms around my waist.
 
 
I couldn't help but wanted this moment to last forever. To just pause here for a longer period. Just a bit longer because I know luck isn't on my side anymore. 
 
_________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gomawoo for reading! ◕‿◕
Sorry for sucha short pathetic chapter. :( 
 
My first one-shot chapter! I'll have about 3 short chapters for this one-shot I think. Estimated only!! 
 
Please please please comment & subscribe! 
 
Thankyouuuu dolls! *bows*
 
 ♡