A Little Advice Goes A Long Way

A Little Advice From Those Who Know

The car ride back to the dorms had been nothing short of painfully awkward. No one, not even their manager, said a word but Minsoo could think of a million reasons why no one wanted to voice out an opinion and they all pointed back to him. He was seated in the back, eyes going from scanning the serious passengers of the vehicle to watching Seoul rain on them. All he could think about was his hyungs words. Yunho had been so cryptic. Minsoo had more questions than answers –excluding the one that concerned his Niel - by the time they had reached their home.

Everyone pilled out and headed up to their rooms but Minsoo was stopped by their manager. He watched as Niel made his way through the door without so much as a glance back towards him.

“You know how much trouble you caused right?”

The leader looked to the ground and nodded. After some time to cool off and a good talking to he realized he was in the wrong for snapping but wasn’t about to apologize either. His manager sighed and patted his back.

“It turns out it’s not just you though,” he said. “Kai has apparently been very troublesome on stages lately and has been rude to more than just Niel, to which he did admit his faults for, by the way. Due to it, their company has been apologizing and asking to keep it under wraps so you are walking away free of charge even though I think that punk will have a good black eye for at least a few weeks.”

He hadn’t expected to hear that, but Minsoo wasn’t about to complain. He bowed out of respect and smiled at his manager, promising that it would never happen again and that he’d learned from the whole ordeal.

“By the way, what did you and TVXQs leader talk about?”

Minsoo took a minute to think about the right way of phrasing what had gone down. He couldn’t exactly just say, well, YunJae (he had looked it up on the ride home) is real, Yunho is a wizard, oh and I’m in love with our lead vocalist, that’s about it, could he?

“He was just giving me some pointers about how to manage the group dynamics better on and off stage and how to handle Kai’s mood swings.”

At that both of them chuckled and he was excused to go join his team.

“Minsoo,” his manager said as he opened the door to the dorms, his hyung going back to his car. “Have a chat with Daniel and the team, ok? They seem a little shaken from today and Daniel just looks lost.”

CAP nodded with determination and went inside. He was going to tell Niel, and apologize, and make everything better. Or so, that was what he intended. What he hadn’t expected was to see everyone crowded around the television in the living room; everyone minus Niel.

“What’s going on?”

“Apparently,” Chunji said without looking at his leader. “TVXQ just called a live conference and is resigning from any further activities under SM entertainment.”

Minsoo chocked on his spit.

“What?”

“Yeah,” L.Joe said from his seated position on the recliner. He looked up at Minsoo questioning his shock but only with his eyes. “From the sounds of it they’re breaking their contract; they’re leaving SM entertainment.”

The words from before Yunho had left echoed in his mind and he realized something big had just happened as a result of their conversation. Dear God, please tell me I didn’t just cause TVXQ to disband, again.

“Have they stated their reasons for leaving yet?” Minsoo asked though he was dreading the answer.

Changjo was the one to respond this time. “So far all they have said is that it has been something they both should have done a long time ago, and will continue to sing, just not under that company.”

Minsoo watched in amazement as TVXQ stepped back into the camera view. He signaled Ricky to turn up the volume and they all listened intently.

“I know that what we have decided may come as a shock to our fans,” Yunho spoke. “But please understand that we cannot continue under this company and would like for you to wait for us as we will not leave the industry. I also ask that in the next couple hours or so, that you keep an open mind, as this is not the only change to be made for us today.”

At that all of TeenTOP cocked an eyebrow and watched as the duo left, concluding the broadcast. Minsoo couldn’t think. What was he planning to do? Did it all have something to do with Jaejoong?

“Did he say anything to you about this when you two where talking CAP?” Chunji asked.

He nodded a ‘no’ before realizing he couldn’t waste any more time. If Yunho was doing something, he should too.

“Where is Daniel?”

Everyone have him a grave look; it was Ricky who took pitty on him and finally said something.

“He’s in his room, but he doesn’t want to see you right now.”

“Thank you Ricky.”

Minsoo walked off to his lead vocalists shared room, leaving a confused band behind.

“What do you think will happen?” Ricky asked as he turned his attention back to the TV.

“Well,” Chunji said thoughtfully. “With any luck those two will finally screw each other’s brains out and stop making love sick faces at each other across the room.”

L.Joe chuckled, as did Changjo, but Ricky was at a loss of words.

“I don’t get it, but whatever, what else is on TV?”

 

 

 

 

Minsoo stopped at the door and listened carefully. He could here Niel quietly crying and he knew he was doing the right thing. No backing out now.

He opened the door, surprised it wasn’t locked, and walked in, his eyes falling on the curled up figure on the bed closest to the window. His heart ached. Niel looked broken, and it was all because he was an idiot.

With quick strides CAP made his way over to the bed and wrapped his arms around Niel, earning a slight gasp from the other. “Niel, I’m so sorry,” he spoke, his own voice just above a whisper. “I was so stupid for letting my anger get the better of me, not with Kai, but on you, I should have dealt with the emotions I was feeling appropriately, not just firing off on whoever was closest.”

Niel looked up, his eyes puffy and red, and CAP wanted to kiss him senseless; make everything better now that he knew how to. “You think I’m this upset because you yelled at me?”

Minsoo quickly let Niel go and sat in front of him, his hand going up to cup the younger’s cheek. Daniel didn’t know what to think, his face suddenly really warm. “No, but it doesn’t hurt to apologize for that too.” Niel made a face before slapping the elders hand away, his form retreating. “If you have nothing to say that’s important then please leave. I don’t want to hear you apologizing.”

Seeing his frame slump and back away CAP knew it was now or never. He moved forward once again and encircled Niel with his arms in en embrace, but inches away from his lips. “I think this is about as important as it gets, Daniel. No amount of ‘I’m sorry’ can make up for how much of an idiot I have been for not having seen it sooner.” With that, and a flustered and confused look from Niel, Minsoo closed the distance between them and kissed the male he’s been in love with for years. He wiped away the tears still left on the younger males cheeks and guided the other to lay down, his own frame hovering over Niel. They kissed softly, curiously, and passionately for a few minutes before finally Minsoo pulled back.

“I am so sorry I didn’t realize how much you loved me Niel,” he said in a hushed tone, his eyes betraying nothing and Niel felt lost in the most pleasant of ways. “And I am even more sorry for not realizing how much I loved you back until today. It took a serious genius to knock some sense into me, and now that I know, I’m not letting you go. As a leader, I have to look after you, but as the person who is undoubtedly in love with you, it is my pleasure to do it long after this band has stopped promoting if you let me.”

Niel let tears escape his eyes and he reached up to hug his leaders neck, his face snuggling into Minsoos shoulder. “I don’t even know what to say to you right now.” The smile on his face made CAP sigh in relief; he knew everything had worked out.

“How about you start by saying you love me too, pabo.” He teased, earning a chuckle from the male in his arms. Suddenly he was pushed back onto his back, Niel landing on top of his and kissing him as senseless and he’s wanted to do to him earlier.

“I love you,” Niel said between kisses. “I love you, I love you, I love you.”

CAP smiled and wrapped his arms around Niels waist before capturing his lips for another long languid kiss.

It was at that moment that they heard a very loud “OH MY GOD!” from the living room and both of them jolted up in time to see Chunji burst into the room, eyes wide.

“You two love birds need to come see this, like, NOW.” Niel and Minsoo watched as the teen ran back to the living room, their own positioning going unquestioned.

“He was right, they don’t seem surprised.” CAP smiled at the utter disbelief and grandeur of the wizard known as Jung Yunho.

“What?”

Minsoo shook his head and lead the teen with him back to see the commotion. “Nothing lets go see what’s up.”

They walked into the room in time to see the television was still the group’s main focus, but the topic was very much a different matter than earlier.

Before them, standing proudly as if they had never been apart, shining brighter than the television could ever portray, was TVXQ; as five.

Chunji’s inner fan boy was having an utter meltdown next to them and Minsoo had to instruct Ricky to turn up the volume once again. He wrapped his arms around Niel and positioned himself behind the teen, earning a smile from the other for the loving back hug.

“As of today, we are proud to announce that JYJ will no longer be performing as a 3 member unit.” Jaejoong was the one speaking, s on either side of him and Yunho, Minsoo could tell, was holding the others hand away from the camera angles. “Rather, after much work, we have decided to expand our unit and will perform and begin a new album as a 5 membered group by the name Cassiopeia already knows as TVXQ, with the added 5 at the end to signify our reunion.”

It was at that point that everyone in the room went wide eyed and slack jawed and Minsoo could only assume Chunji was having some sort of ovary explosion next to him and Niel.

“We hope that you all look at us warmly and help us celebrate this permanent reunion and forgive our delay in returning to you as 5 once again.”

With a bow, all five members made to leave and CAP thought that was the end of it; though by no means was it a bad ending.

“Hey what’s Yunho-sunbaenim doing?” Changjo pointed at the screen as Yunho made his way back to the mic and gaining the attention of s who all also stopped to wait for him.

“I do have one thing to say before we conclude todays events,” He spoke with a smile and Minsoo knew what was happening before anyone else. The ring from before, Yunho’s more than ready mind set as he’d walked away after their conversation – Minsoo knew what the man before them was doing, and he hoped one day he would have the courage and worldly knowledge to do the same.

“I promised Cassiopeia earlier that I would have something else to do  that was important, and it’s all because today I met someone who reminded me what it’s like to love someone so deeply and without fear. For once, I would like to express that my other half though out all these years has made me the man I am today and if not for him, I would not be standing here, with my heart in my throat and a ring in my hands.”

Everyone watched in awe as Yunho took the mic and walked to stand in front of Jaejoong. As if on cue, the other three members started humming the tune that could only be ‘hug’ and it was clear Jaejoong was close to tears. Yunho put the mic up to his mouth and spoke, his yes never leaving Jaejoongs.

“I know we aren’t guaranteed acceptance, but life without you again isn’t worth it, and Jae, there would not be a me if not for you so…”

Jaejoong gasped and put a hand up to cover his mouth in shock, his tears running freely now as Yunho kneeled down onto one knee and held out a box with a silver ring inside it.

“Kim Jaejoong,” he spoke into the mic. “Will you marry me?”

Cheers exploded and cameras flashed as the shock finally ran through all those live and watching from home waited for the other mans answer. TeenTOP was speechless, and Minsoo just smiled, his arms wrapping around Niel a little more.

Everyone giggled as the other 3 members of TVXQ5 ran around bind Yunho and begged Jaejoong to say yes already. With the brightest smile, Jaejoon nodded and said yes.

“OMG, like, who saw that coming!?!?!?” Ricky screamed. He loved good gossip and this was golden news if he’d ever seen it.

“Well,” CAP mused. “All of Cassiopeia from what I hear.”

“Cassio- what?”

“Cassio- what?”

“Cassio-what?”

“Are you speaking Korean?”

Minsoo laughed and shook his head.

“And Yunho-hyung thought I was bad.”

“Hyung?” Chunji paled. “How come YOU get to call him that? TELL ME EVERYTHING!!”

Minsoo sighed and proceeded to tell everyone of the grand all-knowing Yunho and Cassio-whats-it, and it wasn’t until half way through the conversation that Ricky finally spoke up.

“Hey how come Niel is sitting in your lap like that?”

Everyone laughed and Changjo patted the boys back. “You really are slow.”

“About what???”

“No, but really guys,” Chunji said, ignoring the confused visual maknae. “I’m glad you too are finally together.”

“Yeah, “ L.Joe added. “I thought I was going to have to lock you two in a room and not let you out until you’d relieved some kind of .”

“Some kind of what?!” Ricky paled.

“So what made you step it up CAP hyung?” Changjo asked.

“Well,” Minsoo said smiling; his hands intertwining with Niels. “I had a little advice from those who know.”

 

 

----FIN----