Those who Just KNOW

A Little Advice From Those Who Know

 

If he thought about it, really thought about it, there were a lot of things he could have done – should have done – differently when filming that show. The most important thing that he should have fought harder to prevent would be the tears that had flown heavily down Niels’ cheeks as they ended the program. Nothing hurt him more, nothing tugged at his heart more, than seeing his most cherished member cry; especially when he was the cause of those sorrow filled tears. 

CAP sighed as he sat in the lobby of the broadcast station; s all off watching another show, and his manager off trying to “fix” his mistake. He really couldn’t believe the way he’d acted, but damn, that stupid had it coming for treating Niel like that. No one was ever allowed to treat Niel like girl, not while he was around and kicking to prevent it.

“That was some show you put on out there.”

Startled, CAP looked up to see a respected figure approach him, his thought sobering up enough to show manners towards his elder.

“Yunho-Sunbaenim.” He said standing, his body then bending to a low ninety degree angle to show respect the singer has earned.

“Please, you can call me hyung,” Yunho chuckled. “Anyone who has the balls to defend the person they love so valiantly, and on air of all places, should be my close friend if not my role model.”

CAP went wide eyed and stuttered out a, “We- we aren’t… he’s not my… it’s not…” before a hand stopped him and motioned him to sit.

“You can save it for the numerous interviewers you will have to deal with later, but I know better. You can’t play the same melody I helped create and think I won’t recognize it.”

CAP was flabbergasted to say the least, but managed to will his body to sit back into the sofa. He watched as Yunho took the seat opposite of him, a knowing smile displayed proudly.

“What did you mean by that?” He asked carefully, almost cautiously, his palms suddenly very sweaty. Was he nervous? About what?

“What did I mean about what,” Yunho queried with a raised eyebrow and a hand shifting around in his pocket. “Do you mean the part about you being my role model, or the part about you playing our melody?”

Our melody?” CAP asked.

Yunho shook his head before checking his phone. “You young up and comers are really starting to make me feel old, and I’m pretty sure Jaejoong would be disappointed too.”

Before CAP could question the elders words further, a phone was shoved in his face; its screen shining brightly the words, ‘Boo-Jae’. It was an open message that seemed mundane at best, just a kind reminder to eat well, but it was the ending that caught his attention.

‘I love you, Yunnie.’

“I don’t understand.” CAP said confused. Yunho sighed and retracted his phone.

“Cassiopeia has their work cut out with you.” He chuckled, his own amusement furthering the absolute nonsense going on in CAPs brain.

“Cassio- what? Who? … Look,” CAP said, his tone slightly defeated. “Sunb- I mean, Hyung, you’re not making any se…”

And then it clicked.

All the little music notes that had been chaotically swarming around his head suddenly aligned onto the music sheet; reading out a tune that CAP could understand.

He looked to his hyung with an awe stricken face. “You and Jaejoong Sunbaenim,” He said softly. “You two are... “.

“Lovers, yes,” Yunho finished curtly before crossing his legs and moving on. “Now, since mine and Jaejoong’s very well known – other than to you – relationship has been brought to light, and I really want to get down to the bottom of you punching out that other kid; why don’t we move on to discussing what I mean when I say that you’re playing our melody?”

CAP frowned slightly. “That stupid er had it coming.”

Yunho chuckled. “I can understand that, he was saying some rude and suggestive things to Niel. What I want to know is what in you suddenly snapped enough for you to do something so reckless?”

There was a moment a silence, followed by a long and very tense sigh from a very frustrated TeenTOP leader, before words were spoken.

“I don’t know.” He said simply.

Yunho nodded in understanding, his hand reaching out to pat the Youngers knee.

“I see what the problem is then,” Yunho said. “Neither of you has confessed yet.”

CAP panicked for a moment.

“Confess, what would we need to confess?”

Yunho gave the younger a disbelieving stare before pinching the bridge of his nose. “On man, you really do need more help than what I thought.”

CAP sank in his seat in defeat, no longer really understanding what was going on. One second he’s defending Niels honor (or so Chunji so sarcastically added) which led to making the emotional voice cry, then the next TVXQ’s leader, Jung ing Yunho, is giving him advice about who knows what! Oh, and let’s not forget about Cassio-what’s-it and JYJs Jaejoong being in a relationship with Yunho; because that’s the most sensible part of it all, really.

“When you’re in a crowded room, he’s the first one you look for.” Yunho suddenly said. CAP stared at the ground and listened; a little voice in his head agreeing with his hyung.

“When you’re alone you stare at him for long periods of time, and when he questions you, you both can laugh it off like it’s nothing.” A memory from last night of the described event flashed through CAPs mind. “Every time things like that happen, he’ll then stare at you, you catch him, and you both then stare at each other like nothing else matters before you snap back to reality and leave the room; claiming you need to talk to someone else.”

CAP lookup up at his hands as he recalled that exact situation; his reasoning for leaving the room that night having been that he need to talk to their manager about the next day’s schedule. It had been a lie, and a bad one, because they had all just been told through video chat what they were going to have to do to be ready.

“When someone else, anyone, even a member, comes to close to him, or gets suddenly too friendly with him, you feel a sinking feeling in your stomach, and all you want is to pull him next to you.”

Last week, Changjo had given Niel a back hug and made the teen laugh. Words of praise had come out of Niels mouth, all teasing the fact that the boy had grown out of his maknae body and now had muscle. CAP couldn’t understand then why he had, but he’d literally gone over and picked up Niel bridal style saying, “It’s not that he’s strong Daniel, it’s that you’re nothing but hot air.” Changjo was forgotten, as Neil turned red and proceeded to smack CAP around, flailing in his arms like a child, and making CAP laugh at the whole thing. The scene had ended when they got stuck in a staring game only to be discovered by Chunji. The two immediately pulled apart, Niel being put back on the ground, and CAP claiming he needed to go finish laundry.

“That’s just… because… we’re friends?” Slowly CAP spilled out. His words forming more a question as he thought about what ‘friends’ really implied, and what he and Niel were implying.

“Are you sure that’s all it is?” Yunho said quietly, looking at the teen and seeing realization hit him like a ton of bricks.

“I know,” He said comfortingly. “I know that right now, you may not want to believe it, because it could mean a lot of things you both may not be ready for.”

CAP looked directly at Yunho, the atmosphere suddenly turning sad.

“But take my word for it, it’s worth it. You both are just barely in the first stages of what love really can be, and those are days with Jaejoong I would never trade for anything in the world. You may be the leader, and so you know better than anyone what you’re getting into, but after what I saw today… “

CAP once again thought back to the moment that stupid Kai kid said, “There is no way I’m letting some girly gender confused dance wanna-b, beat me.” In that moment it had taken all of CAPs strength not to beat the out of the singer; the look on Niels face was just too much. It was when Kai had brushed by them both, out of ear shot, when he’d said, “I bet you get just watching me, you ,” CAP lost his control and punched the arrogant son of a in the face. There was chaos after, their manager yelling up a storm in his face before running off, and before he knew it, Niel was standing before him.

“You didn’t have to do that Minsoo,” he said seriously. “I am perfectly capable of handling myself.”

CAP wasn’t having it, at that point, his anger still pretty much there.

“That’s how you handle it yourself?” He yelled, “By just staying quiet and letting that say whatever he wants to you even though it bothers you?”

He never raised his voice at Niel; it was something he never dreamed he’d do either. There were tears forming in the other’s eyes, but CAP just wouldn’t stop.

“I don’t care what you may think of me right now Daniel, but if anyone ever does anything like that to you again, they’re going to get it just as bad so long as I’m around to do something about it.”

That was the moment Niel started crying; harsh drops of pain falling from his reddened cheeks as he looked away from CAP.

“I hate you.”

That was the last thing he’d said to the leader before running off, leaving CAP more hurt than he’d ever been in his life.

“Look, CAP, you and Niel have something; don’t let it go to waste. If you don’t make your feelings known, he’ll start to get hurt thinking he may have it all one sided.”

CAP snapped back to reality, his mood suddenly feeling much lighter.

“You want me to tell him I love him.” More a statement than a question; Yunho smiled in approval.

“Only if you think it’s time, but don’t wait too long,” Yunho played with a ring on his figure, the scene seeming oddly saddening to CAP. “You never know what could happen one day, so make the most since you have him close. Oh, and don’t worry about your other members, I have a feeling that if you two have gotten this far without questions asked, they’ll be okay with whatever you two decide to do.”

CAP stood up, Yunho following suit, as his manager and the rest of the band came back. His hyung beckoned him over and CAP nodded, his eyes landing on a puffy eyed Niel who was trying his best to look away.

“Thank you Yunho hyung.” He said with confidence.

Yunho chuckled. “My thanks should go to you more than anything.”

CAP raised a brow. “Why is that?”

“Because seeing you stand up for Niel was something I should have done when the occasion called for it, even though in my situation it was not so simple.”

CAP nodded trying to wrap it all around his head now. Thinking back, he could remember something about the breakup of TVXQ being very emotional and difficult on more than just the members themselves.

“You have reminded me what it’s like to fight for something if only because your gut tells you to. So, I think I shall take what I have learned from you and use it.”

Yunho made his way to the door, leaving CAP to wonder what he meant by that.

“I’m sure Cassiopeia will forever be in your debt; as a reward I’ll make sure to help convert some of them over into Andromeda too.”

CAP wasn’t too sure about the implications of that, but he was sure of what he had to do now. Now that he knew for sure; he was and forever would be in love with Ahn Daniel.