chapter three

Five days journey with Luhan.

 

“She is a witch,” Luhan whispered, smirking.

 

you gulped as she moved closer to Luhan, trying to hide herself behind him. She had forgotten that following him back home were also equivalent to meeting his parents, which was not a good idea.

 

“What is the matter, troublesome?” his mother asked, smoothing her wrinkles at the side of her eyes. “My wrinkles are getting visible, isn’t it?”

 

“This is not the time, mom.” Luhan signalled her mom with his head, telling her to look at the girl behind him.

 

“Oh, you brought someone with you.” She said casually, tilting her head to take a look at the mysterious girl and smiled. “I’m going to bed now.”

 

“Oh, your mom is cool.” you whispered while staring back at his mom. This situation made Luhan exhaled in frustration, his mom should have scolded him, which was what regular mother did when their son brought back a stranger, right? Ones should not talk with a stranger or bring back other’s daughter back home because it is just wrong and his mother should have known this.

 

His mom was going to turn around when Luhan grabbed her arms, causing her to give a tired look. “Mom, aren’t you going to say something?”

 

“What am I going to say?” his mother questioned, causing you to giggle. “I’m awkward, okay?”

 

Luhan buried his face with his hands; his mother was such a weirdo and unpredictable.

 

“Welcome to our house,” she said, trying to sound more excited. “Enjoy yourself.”

 

“Thank you. My name is you.” you introduced herself. Great, his mom is indeed cool and pretty too.

 

“She is going to stay for five days.” Luhan told his mom.

 

Her mom nodded her head, “Take care of her then.”

 

you smiled, she was unexpectedly welcome to their house. Her mother-in-law is such a badass; she is cool for god’s sake.

 

“Where is dad?” Luhan asked. He was going to rush up the stair when his mom grabbed his arm. “I need to talk to him.”

 

“He is tired; you can talk to him tomorrow.” She told him and placed a kiss on his forehead. “Good night.”

 

Luhan threw his head backward, he was hoping that his parents would send you to their family’s hotel, rather than letting her stay in their house which he found it troublesome, he hated taking responsible for others.

 

you poked Luhan’s back with her pointing finger. “I didn’t know you guys speak in mandarin, I thought it was Cantonese.”

 

“Learn your China before you go travelling here.” Luhan replied, walking away from her.

 

“Err, where are you going?” she followed him from behind.

 

“Far away from you,” he rolled his eyes.

 

“Aren’t you going to treat me kindly?” she questioned him, feeling sad at his treatment.

 

Luhan turned around abruptly, causing you to bump into his chest and knocked her forehead against his necklace.

 

“That is hurt.” She cried, rubbing her forehead with her fist. “Why am I ending up being pathetic?”

 

Luhan looked at her, somehow feeling sympathy for her. It must be hard for her to adapt in Beijing and to make it worst, she lost her belonging. If he was her, he must be feeling lost, like her.

 

“You can use my bathroom; I’m going to steal some of my sister’s clothes for you to wear.” Luhan told her, pointing the way to his bedroom.

 

“You have a sister?” she looked shock.

 

“Yes, she is currently studying aboard.”

 

 

Luhan rummaged his sister’s closet. He was going to get killed by her sister if she found out that he touched her things.

 

“I should have call Aunt Liu to find it instead.” Luhan cursed himself. No, it was already late and there was nowhere he going to wake his precious housekeeper which he referred as his Aunt.

 

Luhan took a few pieces of t-shirt and pants in different style and texture; he didn’t know what she preferred so to make it short, he grabbed whatever suits her.

 

 

you was waiting for Luhan in his bedroom, she was tired of waiting so she decided to explore his room.

 

His bedroom was rather cosy and warm; it was painted with light blue and purple and it was not stuffed, most likely because his room was big. There were few posters behind his door; perhaps he didn’t want to ruin his wall if he decided to tear off the posters.

 

“D-B-S-K?” she read out the letter on the poster. He is still a human, after all.

 

She spotted a t-shirt hanged neatly on the wall; she smiled knowing that he probably played soccer in his school.

 

The door clicked open and Luhan was back with few clothes.

 

“Here is it.” Luhan threw the clothes to her. “I just randomly choose few so get over it, don’t be picky because my sis will kill me.”

 

you was touched. “You risk your life for me; it is sweet to know that.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes as he was heading to the door.

 

“Wait.”

 

Luhan shifted his attention to her.

 

“You forget something.” She told him, while searching for something beneath the clothes he gave her. “Where is the underwear?”

 

Luhan was about to collapse at the thought of rummaging his sister’s underwear.

 

“You do it yourself!” he hissed, feeling his face was heating up.

 

 

you walked into the bathroom and hanged the clothes she borrowed at the clothes peg before she finally collapse on the floor.

 

She didn’t know what she was doing few hours earlier, was this the right decision or she was just too stupid at some point to even believe in such story told by her parents? How can she end up being like this? What happened to her few hours ago? Was that love that conquered her conscious mind?

 

Luhan on the other hand, slowly accepting the fate that he was stuck with a stranger for five days.

 

 

you walked out of the bathroom in a new clean clothes. Luhan, who was obviously tired waiting for her rolled his eyes.

 

“What takes you so long?” Luhan asked, rubbing his neck. He looked tired.

 

“I’m doing a fashion show inside your bathroom.” She joked, playfully hit his arm.

 

“You sleep in my sister’s room, okay?”

 

you noticed how tired he was and somehow, the guilt was surfacing. She nodded.

 

 

DAY TWO – part one.

 

 

 

you opened her eyes slowly, staring at the unfamiliar surroundings, she sat up quickly.

 

At the same time, Luhan walked in with his complete school uniform to check on her.

 

“You are in paradise.” He told her sarcastically.

 

“Sure I am.” She replied dryly, she was still unfamiliar with the whole game she was playing. “Are you going to school?”

 

“No, I am not.” Luhan replied, faking a smile. “What a bonus question.”

 

“Can I follow?” she questioned immediately, it was her fantasy to go to school in China.

 

“No.” He answered firmly; she was not going to school with him.

 

“I will stay away from you, I promised.” She promised, clasping both of her hands together and begged him with her puppy eyes. “You will let me go with you, right?”

 

No, it was not cute. She looked like a monster.

 

“Stop doing that, it is disgusting.” Luhan finally gave up. “I hate those begging and cheesy things. Don’t dare to do it again.”

 

 

Luhan and you walked into the diner room together, when Luhan noticed that his dad was there.

 

Mr.Xi looked at Luhan, raising his eyebrows as he saw the girl beside him.

 

“I demand an explanation.” He said, folding the newspaper.

 

Luhan and you settled down next to each other on the long table, Luhan gave a weak smile at his dad.

 

you found his dad was creepy, he did not look that friendly at all. He was exactly different from Luhan’s mother.