Chapter one.

Five days journey with Luhan.

 

 

you’s point of view.

 

I have this fantasy about meeting my true love in China. It is just a silly little dream that I buried in my heart for the last eighteen years of my life. What could be more exciting than turning into eighteen this year?  Finally, I’m free from my parents. I’m in fact an adult now, at least for me.

 

Last week, my parents surprised me with a ticket to China. Well, they couldn’t blame me for this whole obsession with China; they literally force me into this. To tell you the truth, my parents first met was in China while there were still young, and love just blossomed like fireworks. So my bedtime story was basically their love story, which I listened to when I was little. I could even tell you the whole story in my dream.

 

This is probably a trick to get me out of their life. Not to sound rude but it is the truth. I do understand that they need their time together so I act like they were truly sincere in giving the ticket for free. Just wait until I step back into my own country, you will never know how I wish to buy the ticket by myself.

 

So things went well a couple of hours after I landed in China but then, it is a disaster. I lost my luggage and backpack in a middle of Beijing. I was panicked but then I realised, with the power of education, I’ll survive. So with little knowledge of Cantonese, I managed to find my way to the police station. My parents would be proud of me, not at my clumsiness though.

 

Here I am, looking pathetic and lonely. I have no one to talk to; do you expect me to have a clean conversation with someone who was arrested for doing criminal? They would probably pollute my mind. Don’t be prejudice you. I’m just saying.

 

I take a glance at someone who is sitting beside me and swallow my saliva before I open my mouth. Trying won’t hurt, at least not in Police station. I won’t be killed.

 

“Are you waiting for someone to bail you out?” I ask, trying to sound as gentle as I can, in Cantonese, of course. I have seen this in movie.

 

No respond. Great. How humiliating.

 

“Yes, his name is Chen.” That voice would probably be the most beautiful voice I heard so far. I couldn’t help but to search for the soul that manage to captivate my attention.

 

There he is, wearing a black sweater with skinny jean. His back view is admirable.

 

Turn around. Turn around. Turn around and look at me. Damn, he did turn …

 

END of you’s point of view.

 

 

 

 

Earlier on, Luhan received a call from his cousin, Chen to help him out. He was told that Chen was arrested and needed someone to bail him out and that someone happened to be Luhan. Luhan knew how troublesome it would be if his aunty found out about this so he reluctantly agreed.

 

“We will assign a place for you to live while we are searching for your missing luggage, we could not guarantee that we could find it untouched, meaning your money might be vanished, together with your valuable technology or items. If your passport is stolen, we could report it to the government so you don’t have to worry.” The police officer explained to you while jotting down her information.

 

“Can I stay with other people?” She asked, scratching the back of her neck. She doesn’t know what she was thinking at that moment, the idea just came up and she just have to make it happens.  “I have people I trusted here, you know.”

 

The police officer sighed, “You should have told me earlier, young lady.”

 

“So I can stay with people that I trust?” She asked as she jumped a little from her seat, slamming both of her hands on the table. “Just wait for me here.”

 

She stood up abruptly and ran to where she last seen the guy she was attracted to. She was definitely going to follow him; China is absolutely where she will find her true love.

 

“Thanks bro!” Chen thanked Luhan as they exited the police station. He showed his gratitude with a friendly hug and smiled sincerely. “I owe you.”

 

“As always,” Luhan added silently and smiled bitterly.

 

Chen patted Luhan’s arm before he ran off to the street, turning around to wave at Luhan for the last time before disappearing into the throng of walking people. Luhan shrugged in dismay.

 

“Call me when you are in trouble again, I will ignore you completely.” He said under his breath, sighing at his bad luck. Chen will always phone him whenever he needed his help which somehow disappoint him. Luhan felt as he was being used by his own cousin.

 

He was ready to walk to the street when someone suddenly pulled his arm. He quickly took a look at the person, perplexed. He saw an unfamiliar face, someone who he never comes across in his entire life. He then ruffled his hair, trying to figure out who the hell was this girl.

 

“May I know who you are?” he finally asked, trying to get free from her clutch. She might be some psychotic who escaped from mental institution, why on the earth would she grab a person’s arm when they obviously don’t know each other.

 

“I’m you and I need your help.”