Silence

Silence

 

Title: Silence

Author: StandingSmall

Pairing: Yunho/Jaejoong

Band: TVXQ/DBSK/JYJ

 

 

Jaejoong is loud and annoying. The megastar will deny it to his grave but those who know him well know it’s true.

 

Yunho sometimes wishes he didn’t know Jaejoong well enough for the singer to be so obnoxious around him. Jaejoong likes to talk and talk and talk without and (and talk loudly) complete with hand gestures and flailing. But only with people he knows well.

 

Every once in awhile Yunho regrets letting himself be someone Jaejoong knows well.

 

But then there are times when Jaejoong is silent and Yunho hates it even more than when he’s loud. Because when Jaejoong is silent it means he’s thinking. And when Jaejoong is thinking it means he’s unhappy and he’s letting himself dwell on unpleasant things.

 

Times like that Yunho will do his best to fill the silence because he knows it will make Jaejoong cringe at how awkward he is in those situations and it will force Jaejoong to talk again. And it might make them fight but fighting is better than silence. It’s better than Jaejoong being quiet.

 

Fighting at least means that Jaejoong isn’t sad. He might be angry, but Yunho would rather Jaejoong be angry for days than sad for even one second.

 

Yunho doesn’t know what it is that makes Jaejoong sad so often, but he knows he isn’t the cause of it and that’s what matters. And with his arms wrapped tightly around Jaejoong’s middle and his lips pressed softly against the singer’s forehead, Yunho hopes he never will be.

 

-END-