Chapter 4

Mint

November 11, 2009

 

Dear Diary,

 

        We went out for hot drinks. It was a cold day, raining buckets. We went to a little cafe close to the campus, maybe 4 or 5 city blocks. We walked at first, oblivious to the fact that an eerie, gray raincloud was lurking above our heads. Once it started to rain, we ran the rest of the way, our hoods and fringe soaking wet and sticking to our heads. We took one look at eachother (once under the awning) before falling into a fit of giggles. He looked handsome with his bangs sticking to his forehead like that. His pointed nose was prominent and red, bit by the cold. I could say the same about his cheeks when he smiled. When his top lip practically disappeared, the bottom was still easily seen. His smile is enchanting.

        We walked inside. The warm atmosphere welcomed us and we sat at the booth farthest from the door, by a window on the right side of the establishment. The window outlooked an alleyway, and a small tree was plainly seen.

        The waitress took our orders. I ordered a chai latte, whereas Woohyun got a black coffee. He commented on how our drinks matched our hair. I chuckled.

        We sat, talked, and sipped at our drinks for a good hour. Eventually, the liquids were long gone and we had gotten up to leave.

        Outside, it had stopped raining. The awning still dripped from the previous shower. As I stood and watched a droplet fall, Woohyun turned his head and kissed me. It was soft; completely innocent. I blushed. He walked me to my dorm.

        After a whole year. A year of waiting.

        I am happy.