Chapter 12

AMNESIA (A BEAUTIFUL DREAM COLLECTION: PART 3)

(No One POV)

Patricia and Yoseob…

Patricia and Yoseob were sitting on the sand, watching the waves as they fell and grew.  It wasn’t that hot or that cold.  It felt perfect.  Yoseob had failed miserably at trying to jog Patricia’s memory. 

When they arrived at the beach, Yoseob tried to explain about Zico, which Patricia gladly remembers and goes on talking about him for thirty minutes.  Yoseob told Patricia about the beach house burning incident, and she believed him.  She then went on about how she was taken down to the station.  But in all of this, she didn’t mention his name once.  She didn’t remember that he was in all of those events.

Yoseob sighed and looked up at the sky.  Why can’t she remember me, he thought.  How is it possible that she forgot who I was?  How can she forget me?  Yoseob turned his head to see Patricia staring at him.

“Gwen chan ah?”

Yoseob smiled.  Those were one of the few Korean words that Patricia knew of and spoke of.  Besides the basic things, she didn’t understand anything else.  Yoseob nodded and said, in Korean,

“I’m going to have to give up.  If you can’t remember me, then I can’t do anything about it.  I can’t keep you with me because I’m sure that you have a family in America and they’re probably worried sick about you.”

Patricia frowned.  This guy, Patricia thought, does not understand that I don’t speak Korean.  He keeps talking to me in Korean and I really want to know what he’s saying.  Patricia sighed, looking away.

Well,Yoseob thought,if this is going to be the last day that I get to see this fan of mine, I’ll make it the best, even if she doesn’t remember me.  I’ll give her new memories to cherish and live on.

Yoseob stood up and stretched.

“What’re you doing?”

Yoseob understood what she said, but he didn’t answer her.  It wasn’t necessary to answer her when she doesn’t understand what he says to her.  It seems logical.

Without any warning or anything, Yoseob scooped Patricia up in his arms.

“HEY!!!”

Yoseob ran towards the water and as soon he got deeper in the water, he dropped Patricia into the water and busted out laughing.  Patricia came back up, standing up in the ground.  Patricia pouted, ringing her clothes out.  Yoseob was still laughing.

“HEY!!!!”

Yoseob stopped laughing immediately and looked at Patricia, startled.  Patricia sniffled and pretended to wipe away a tear.

“Omo!  Gwen chan ah?”

Patricia shook her head, still sniffling.

“Mianhe.”

Patricia nodded, but then a devious smile appeared on her lips.  Yoseob took a small step back and said, blinking a few times,

“Wh—what are you smiling about?”

Patricia had a pretty good idea of what he said.  She began running towards him and before Yoseob could process what she was going to do, she jumped at him.  They both fell into the water, making a huge SPLASH. 

Patricia was laughing hysterically as Yoseob resurfaced, gurgling out water.

“Yah!  That wasn’t nice!”

But Patricia didn’t hear him.  She was still laughing like crazy.  Patricia looked at Yoseob to see him pouting.  He’s adorable, she thought.  Patricia said, her smile wide with happiness,

“Aigoo…so cute…”

Patricia and Yoseob continued to play in the water, splashing at each and chasing each other.  It was one of the happiest memories that Yoseob was creating and he was planning on remembering everything forever.

 

(Yoseob POV)

I’m okay that she doesn’t remember me.  At least she’ll leave Seoul, remembering that there was a guy who tried hard to help her remember…at least she’ll leave Seoul with a memory of me making her happy.  That’s all that counts.

 

 


I really hope that you all keep reading my fanfic!  I know that I havent updated this story/collection much but I've been busy and on writer's block with this story so I'm sorry.  Please continue to read and I'll keep updating!

-still06doll