Chapter Three

Gifted

There was a figure at the grand entrance of CUBE institute.  Junhyung felt that something was wrong so he went out to check if everything was alright in the place.  He saw a shadow at the entrance: a girl.  She was looking up for some reason in the dark up at the chandelier that wasnt lighted.  He knew who it was.

"Haneul.."  Junhyung placed a hand on her shoulder but she wouldnt budge.

"Haneul... What are you doing up so late??  come on i'll get you back to sleep."  And as he was about to grab her arm she suddenly attacked him with her fist.  

"What the-"  Junhyung stood up and saw something glistening in the moonlight.  It was Haneul's hand turned metal.

"AHHHH!!!"  Haneul clutched both sides of her head with both of her hands.  

"STOP ITT!!!!!!!!!!"  

"Haneul!"  Junhyung rushed to try to help her but instead Haneul's whole body turned into metal and pushed him off.

"Ooomph!!"  Junhyung crashed against the wall.

"No... noo..  NOO!!!!!!!  I DIDNT MEAN TO!!!! STOP IT!!!!!"  Haneul kept screaming out while clutching her head and pounding down on the walls and floor.  

Junhyung had no choice.  He resorted to using his power.  He made a small fire on his hands and slowly went after Haneul.  He tried to calm her down but it wouldnt work.  Haneul was able to completely deflect his fire with her metal and held him up by his neck.

"Ha-Haneul.."  Junhyung was choking.

"I didnt mean to... I didnt..."  Haneul was... crying.  Junhyung's eyes widened.  Then all of a sudden Haneul out and fell to the floor.

Hyunseung was right behind her.  "You okay??"

Junhyung clutched his neck and looked at him, "What did you do to her?"

"I hit her but not too hard though.  Only enough to black out."  Hyunseung replied.

"Isnt that hitting her hard?"  Junhyung asked.

Hyunseung shrugged, "At least i saved you."

"What's going on??"  G.NA ran down the stairs and came to the commotion in her pajamas and at the same time  Sooro sem, Yoseob, Kikwang, Dongwoon, and the girls came out to see what was happening.

"It's going to be alright everyone.  Girls, go back to sleep."  Sooro replied.  The girls obeyed him and went back but hesitated a bit while looking at Haneul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How the hell did she do that?"  Junhyung asked while sitting on the couch in Sooro's room.

"I'm guessing she changed into the metal railing that she touched while going down the stairs."  Sooro replied.

"Thanks Captain obvious.  I meant how was she able to use her powers like that?"  Junhyung asked.

"Now you know what we meant by her having an especially great power."  G.na said.

"I thought it was awesome."  Kikwang said.

"You think everything is awesome."  Dongwoon rolled his eyes.

"Nuh-uh!"  Kikwang retorted back.

"You guys are always sooo noisy even at the middle of the night."  Yoseob said crossing his arms.

"That's enough Kikwang, Dongwoon, Yoseob.  You may go back to sleep."  Sooro said.

"You sure Sem?"  Kikwang asked.

Sooro nodded and the three of them left, leaving G.na, Hyunseung, Sooro, and Junhyung in the room.

"You two may leave too.  Training is tomorro.  You want a nice rest."  Sooro said dismissing g.na and hyunseung.

"Yes Sem.  We'll see you tomorro."  G.na said while leaving with Hyunseung.

"Now.. I know you may have many questions.  But i myself cant answer all of them for you."  Sooro said to Junhyung.

"Just tell me as much as you know."  Junhyung said.

"Very well.. Haneul is a young individual with great talents.. but those are the exact same gifts that lead to her dark past.  As many mutants have.  Almost all of the students here have pasts that they would wish to forget all because of their powers.  But for Haneul.. It is not something that she can so easily take her mind off.  When she lets her mind rest, that is the time where her past haunts her the most because she cannot do anything about it.  I can see that she has had many nightmares.  All the same i would like to guess.    Sometimes it would haunt her to the extent that she may sleepwalk.  LIke you have seen tonight.  She is a powerful individual and also a dangerous one.  Her powers are wanted by the D-X.  The organization of which your old friend, Doojoon is apart of.  They are very powerful mutants who use their powers to kill.  Their leader.. Wants Haneul's power to absorb for himself so that he can become closer to invincible.  Demon... He only wants the most powerful mutants so that he can absorb their powers for himself through a machine.  You see.. His power can allow him to make people who come a few feet close to him disappear into thin air, or die as they are the same thing.  But it is not very good for close combat.  Haneul's power allows him to be able to close combat.  THis is the reason he needs her.  But we cant allow him to have her."  Sooro finished.

"You're damn right about that.  for once."  Junhyung said as he stood up.

"Please Junhyung.  We may need your help for fighting them."  Sooro asked again.

"You look like you're doing fine here with or without my help so im good."  Junhyung said then he walked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kikwang!!"  G.na's voice rang as lasers were coming his way.

"DOnt worry i got it!"  Kikwang yelled.  His arms changed into shields as he deflected the lasers.

Their mission was to get to the cliff.  

"Hang on Hyunseung!!"  Yoseob yelled as he changed into a large bird and picked Hyunseung off the ground and into the air.

Hyunseung then concentrated on each of the machines that were throwing lasers and flying disks at the team and crushed them one by one by simply closing his hand.

"Damn... Are you putting on weight."  Yoseob asked, struggling to carry Hyunseung.

"Shut up and fly."  Hyunseung simply said.

"I'm coming!!"  Dongwoon yelled out as he was superspeeding towards the cliff.  G.na was there already and was waiting for the others.

"Took ya long enough."  G.na said.

"SOrry haha.. lasers.."  Kikwang said while scratching the back of his head.

"Ugh."  Yoseob dropped Hyunseung at the cliff and changed back to human form. "SOO heavy."

"Tch."  Hyunseung simply said.

"SOrry for being late."  Dongwoon apologized as he made it there.

"Watch out!"  G.na pushed him to the back and made a shield around them.  There was one machine that was about to explode but once it did it destroyed everything in the area except for the five.

Then the whole scenery changed back to their training room at the CUBE insitute.

"Did someone mess with the machine??  It shouldnt blow up during training."  G.na said.

"Not me."  Yoseob said.  G.na just shook her head and left the training room.

Then suddenly the lights were off.

"What the hell?"  Hyunseung said.

*I sense something coming..*  Junhyung thought.

There was a figure creeping into the room of Haneul.  Haneuls eyes slowly opened but when she felt something in her room she abruptly sat up, "WHo-!"  But the figure sprayed her with something and she fell down unconcsious.

"Who's there?"  Junhyung was at the door of Haneuls room and he used a fire on his hand to light the way.  His eyes widened when he saw the figure holding Haneul bridal style.

"You-Dongwoon?"  He asked.  There in front of him was a figure who looked exactly like Dongwoon but with blonde hair:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ezha9HuFcNw/TX7YCB_M7wI/AAAAAAAAHaA/nsHxF3w_mDw/s1600/yiAs4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dkpopnews.net/2011_03_15_archive.html&usg=___K7wn10KcxyDb5X7vRASTXqnnNA=&h=721&w=500&sz=127&hl=en&start=36&sig2=iD2rTuFvAozEhG6x5o2wbg&zoom=1&tbnid=jMcNjVbshx1RuM:&tbnh=167&tbnw=110&ei=oJLxTfjWO4SqsAPd2syyDg&prev=/search%3Fq%3DDongwoon%2Bblonde%2Bhair%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D677%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=840&vpy=156&dur=503&hovh=270&hovw=187&tx=92&ty=181&page=2&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:36&biw=1366&bih=677

The Dongwoon look alike smirked, "Sory.. Mistaking me for my stupid twin brother.  I'm Dongmin.  Nice to finally meet ya Junhyung.  Doojoon mentioned you a lot."

Junhyung's eyes widened, then suddenly the lights turned back on and Hyunseung, Yoseob, Kikwang, and Dongwoon appeared.

"Dongmin!"  Dongwoon yelled out the name of his twin.

"Yo."  Dongmin said.

"Hey Dongmin.  What the hell is taking you so long?  I told you the lights would be on soon."  Doojoon appeared out of nowhere next to Dongmin.

"Sorry.. Got a little sidetracked."  Dongmin apologized.

"Doojoon..."  Junhyung said.

"Oh hey Junhyung.  Nice to see ya again.. I'd love to play but we have some business to attend to... as you can see."  Doojoon signaled towards the unconcsious Haneul in Dongmin's hands.

"Let her go Doojoon!"  Junhyung's hands turned to fire immediately as he clenched them.

"Ooh.  Fiesty huh?  Well sorry.  No can do.  On strict orders here"  Doojoon replied.

Junhyung then threw a fire ball at Doojoon but he deflected it with his ice.

"SOrry i'd love to stay but we gotta go."  Doojoon said.  Then they disappeared.

"Wait!!"  Dongwoon yelled but they were gone.

"Damn it!!!!!"  Junhyung yelled while hitting the wall with his fist.  

"Junhyung.  Dont worry we'll save her."  Hyunseung said.

But Junhyung didnt listen and just went off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see... So it was D-X's Doojoon and.... Dongmin.."  Sooro said as they told him what had happened.  Dongwoon slightly flinched as he heard his twin brother's name.

"We'll go save her Sooro sem."  Hyunseung said, determined.

Sooro nodded, "Assemble the team.  Get into your suits and get ready for action.  We are now on a rescue mission to save Haneul."  As they nodded Junhyung burst inside.

"I'm coming with you.  Whether you like it or not."  Junhyung said. Looking at them.

They slightly smiled.

"Welcome to the team."  Sooro said.