The First. (1/2)

What You Feel Deep Inside

 

Changmin opened his eyes with the stubborn sound of annoying alarm clock. He switched it off, pushed the blanket and got up on his legs, still sleepy. He yawned and scratched his head, tried to get out of the sleeping mood. He then, reached his blanket and made his bed which was placed at the bottom of the bunk. After tidying up his bed, he slowly stood up and stared the boy who was still sleeping on the top of the bunk bed.

You sleepy head. Oh wait. You sleepy, BIG head. Changmin smiled, still looking at Yunho, while the memory of the first time they met, suddenly popped in his mind.

It was raining that day. The headmaster had announced us that there was a restoration work on major’s dorms so one student from each dorm was going to be separated to other dorms.

The doorbell rang and when i opened it, i saw him. He was breathing so fast, meaning he had been running that time, and raindrops were falling down from his wet hair and cheeks.

“I am Yun Ho. Your new roommate.”

I thought that he was one of the jerks from majors and i accept that it was a prejudice of mine.

“Come in.” I said and he came. That’s how we started our friendship.

“What are you looking at?”, Yun Ho said in a sleepy tone.

“No-Nothing.” ,Changmin panicked out of nowhere.

“If you say so...”, Yun Ho dug  his head to his pillow and hugged it.

Changmin exhaled noisily and tried to talk with him. “Hyung... You  better wake up. You have lots of lectures today, right?”

Yun Ho raised his head and looked at his roommate. “Eh. You are right.”

Changmin smiled, seemed proud of himself. “I am always right.”

Yun Ho sat on the bed and looked down his roommate with red eyes.

“Wow you seem down. Didn’t you have any sleep last night?”

“Do i seem like i did?”

Changmin shook his head then got something from a small table and when he turned back to his hyung again, Yun Ho jumped down from his bed, near  Changmin, scaring him and making him gasp in fear with his sudden action.

“What are you doing !” Changmin shouted in fury.

“Did i scare you?”

“Of course you did.” He gulped.

Yun Ho just smiled and tried to reach for Changmin’s hand. Since he was leaning on him now, they were so close to each other like they had an inch between them. Changmin tried not to lose his breath and pushed Yun Ho.

“What are you doing?” Changmin was frowning.

“What, again?” Yun Ho raised his eyebrow.

“Keep your distance !” Changmin seemed somehow angry but mostly he was nervous.

“Wha-? I just wanted to get MY phone.

Changmin looked at the phone in his hand. “Oh.” He quickly handed it to Yun Ho.

“It kept on vibrating last night. Like twenty one times.”

Yun Ho unlocked his phone. There was exactly twenty one messages. And all were sent from...

“From who?” Changmin asked, was curious.

Yun Ho locked his phone again and put it onto the table again.

“No one important. Just from my girlfriend.”

Changmin lost his breath for one time then quickly nodded. “Sure...” After saying that he checked his wristwatch and said to Yun Ho: “We need to get ready quickly or we will be late.”

Yun Ho nodded as Changmin went to the bathroom. He closed the door and the tap, washed his face then looked at the mirror, at his own self.

“What is wrong with you?” He whispered to himself. “Like he hasn’t been with his girlfriends before.” He sighed. “I should have gotten used to it...”

At the exact time he completed his sentence, all of a sudden, the door was opened and Yun Ho came in. “What is that the thing you should have gotten used to?” He asked, while heading directly to the shower cabinet.

“What the hell, hyung? The door was closed because of a reason so you shouldn’t enter at least without knocking.”

Yun Ho shrugged. “That’s what strangers do but we are close to each other, aren’t we?”

Changmin rolled his eyes and didn’t say anything until he realized that Yun Ho was waiting for an answer.

“Sure... We are.”

Yun Ho smiled. “That’s nice.” Then took of his t-shirt, showing his chest.

“And you are stripping now? Are you serious? Being close means that?” Changmin seemed annoyed but his voice was rather nervous.

“What? No... What is wrong with you today? I will just wash my hair and i don’t want my favorite t-shirt to be wet.

Changmin frowned. “It already is because you sweat like a fat panda.”

Yun Ho raised his eyebrow and smiled playfully. “Really? If that is so... Take that !” He suddenly threw his sweaty t-shirt to Changmin and it was a succesful shot that it coated Changmin’s head.

“Eww...” Changmin got it from his head and threw it to the outside of the bathroom. He grumbled. “You stinky bear.”

Yun Ho shrugged again and stretched out his head into the shower cabinet, took the shower head and started to wash his hair.

Changmin rolled his eyes as he got his orange toothbrush and started to brush his teeth with mint-flavoured toothpaste.

“Hey, can you hand me the shampoo, please?” Yun Ho asked politely.

“I’m bueshin me teeh.” Changmin tried to talk but couldn’t because of the toothpaste in his mouth.

“What? Just be quick.”

He spat the toothpaste and washed his mouth, then got the shampoo and went near to Yun Ho.

“Here.” He said, annoyed.

“I can’t reach it. Can’t you just put some onto my hair?”

“Oh geez.” Chanming opened the cap of the shampoo bottle and poured a bit onto Yun Ho’s hair.

“Thanks.”

“Whatever.” Changmin faced to the door as he intended to leave but Yun Ho’s voice interrupted him.

“Hey, Changmin-ah?”

“What again?”

“Can you please hold the shower head for me? It keeps slipping away because my hands are soapy.”

He sighed but went near his hyung again, got the shower head and hold it onto Yun Ho’s head.

With the hot water flowing down from it, Yun Ho started to wash his hair while moving his fingers through his hair, the fresh scent of shampoo drifted to Changmin.

What the hell is about this flavour? Why I start to think of the day we first met everytime i smell this? And why every freaking time i start to think about the first day we met, my heart starts to pound like crazy?

“Come in.”

“Thanks.” He said with a bright smile on his face. With just a step, our hearts were connected with the bonds of friendship.

Bonds of friendship huh?

“Changmin? Do you even hear me? That’s enough i said. Thank you.”

Changmin shook his head, got out of the trance and dropped the shower head to the floor. “Finally.” He said, trying to control his voice. “We are gonna be late because of you.” He then went inside the room.

Yun Ho smiled before following him.

Changmin started to take off his pajamas and wore a grey shirt and black jeans.

Yun Ho came after his friend, started to dry his hair with a white towel, making waterdrops fall on Changmin.

“Are you serious?” Changmin asked, frowning to him.

“What?” Yun Ho smirked. He always loved to tease his roommate.

Changmin got his phone and keys after getting ready and turned to the main door.

“Hey, don’t you dare leave without me.” Yun Ho said.

Changmin looked at him. “What?”

“Just wait till i get ready.”

“No wa-“

“Please. If you won’t i will do an aegyo”

Changmin run to his coach and sat onto it. “Don’t. Please don’t. I can’t stand that thing.”

“But i become sweet like candy when i do that.”

“Sure. Just get ready already.”

Tch. I just can’t accept that he is older than me.

Changmin looked at his wristwatch and said to Yun Ho: “You have five minutes, slowpoke.”

As Yun Ho dressed up and Changmin decided not to look at you while he was dressing, Yun Ho asked a question.

“What should i get her as a present?”

Changmin’s looks turned to him in a second after hearing his words. At first, a hint of disappointment could be seen in his eyes but then that emotion turned to a blank one.

“Like i do know anything about dating... A bouquet of fresh flowers, maybe?

“Nah. So cliche.”

Changmin frowned. “Then, don’t ask me.”

“Why are you acting like this? Did i piss you off?”

“I am not pissed off.”

Yun Ho just nodded in sarcasm. “Whatever. Just think yourself as a girl. What would you want?”

“What? What kind of request is this?”

“Just think about it.”

“Fine.” Changmin rolled his eyes. “Then... I would like to go to an amusement park since i have never been to one.” He seemed somewhat sad, all of a sudden.

“Really? Poor you then... But thanks. I think i will listen to you.”

Changmin smiled weakly then got off from his seat. “You are ready. Let’s go then.”

---

Yun Ho and Changmin were heading to the main building where lectures were given. On the way, none of them spoke but then suddenly, Changmin asked something, weakly.

“Do you love her?”

Yun Ho raised his eyebrow because of that question. “What?”

“Nevermind.” Changmin exhaled the air.

“If i didn’t like her, i wouldn’t date her.”

He looked at Yun Ho, with a piercing look. “Liking is not love.”

“What is love, then?”

Changmin suddenly stopped it surprised Yun Ho, then he just kept looking at ground.

“You have dated hundred of girls but you are asking me what love is? Well... Love cannot be explained. Love is... Everytime you put your head onto your pillow or whenever you listen to your favorite song, starting to think about it. Or when you smell, hear, or see something which makes you remember the first day you met, feeling like crying or screaming. When you are alone, thinking you found peace, realizing how alone you are without the one you fell for. Or... Knowing that ‘one’ will leave you someday, will not be by your side anymore; feeling like your soul is shattering into thousand pieces.”

Yun Ho’s mouth was gaping in amazement and suddenly wrapped his arm around Changmin’s shoulders.

“Woooow. That was so good. You must be really in love with that girl. Wait a minute!” Yun Ho made an expression like he just realized something. “So... The reason why you were acting different these days is because of that girl right?”

Changmin tried to talk but Yun Ho continued. “Yes. It must be. Don’t mind if she doesn’t accept your feelings, mate. It is her stupidity not to-”

“That’s enough!” Changmin pushed Yun Ho away.

“Stop being shy about it. If you won’t share those things with your hyung, then who will you share them with?”

“Just drop it, okay?”

Yun Ho shrugged. “If you want so...”

When they came to the building, before they had seperated, Yun Ho asked Changmin something.

“Hey. You know... Because i have to arrange the date, i won’t be able to attend some of the lectures later on. So... If the professors ask about me, since we are roommates, just tell them i am sick, will you?”

Changmin took a breath before nodding and heading to his lecture hall.

---

Changmin went to the left side of the building where the hall was. He entered in and took his seat, put his notebook and his pencil onto the desk, started waiting for the professor.

“Changmin-ah.”

A boy came near him and took the place next to him.

“Morning Min Ho-ah.”

Min Ho was about to say something when he suddenly yawned.

“Couldn’t you get some sleep?”

“No.” He said while yawning a second time. “My hyung didn’t let me to. He talked with his girlfriend all the night long. He didn’t even try to lower his voice.”

“Poor you.” Changmin said. “Couldn’t you just tell him to shut up? If Yun Ho-ah...” He coughed one time then fixed his word. “If Yun Ho hyung did something like this, i would rip his head off.”

Min Ho smiled. “Of course you would. Heh... Sometimes i envy your friendship with him since i got a hyung who puts his dirty underwear under the couch.”

“That’s eww.” Changmin was disgusted. “I would make him eat that as well.”

Min Ho laughed. “Yes i believe you would.”

After a couple minutes, the professor came in, after greeting, he did some works with his notes then started the lecture.

Changmin was trying to listen as he talked but after looking at the circle, the professor just drew, a picture of Yun Ho popped up in his mind.

Hyung...

After writing some of the blackboard to his notebook, he started to draw something on it. It was a circle first then two triangles came and some shadows...

“Is that a bear?” Min Ho asked, whispering, curious of what it was.

Changmin nodded as he pressed his thumb to the drawing and spread the shadows all over the circle.  

“Eww. You stinky bear!”

When the sketch was completed, he looked at the bear, smiled and touched it, moved his thumb all along the bear’s face.

“Aren’t we close to each other?”

“Sure... We are.”

His smile...

Changmin shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts.

I can’t be feeling that way. It is not right. But... Why the hell i cannot stop thinking about him?

“From who?”

“My girlfriend.”

He creased the sheet and crushed it between his fingers before throwing it to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Min Ho was nervous because of the Changmin’s angry face out of nowhere.

“I’m fine.” His voice was carrying a hint of fury.

Min Ho looked at him one more time and nodded, then went on listening the teacher.

Changmin took his pencil again, drew three circles and mixed it with straight lines. He then drew a couple of squares and little circles under them.

“I have never been to an amusement park.”

He sketched two stickmans on top of the squares.

They were shaking their arms while laughing, crying out for how fast it was, even if they were scared, they had each other which means they didn’t have anything to fear for.

Changmin then popped a speech bubble from his stickself and started to write something into it.

“Hyung, this is so much fun! Why didn’t i come here before? But anyways... Thanks for coming with me...”

He then ripped the sheet from the spiral, folded it and put it into his pocket.

---

Yun Ho had skipped some of the lectures, after attending to some. He had directly gone to the bus stop outside of the campus and got into one.

Now he was sitting on one of the seats and thinking while listening to music.

An amusement park. Such a good idea this is. Why didn’t it come to my mind before?

His right leg was trembling because he was worrying about the “one for all tickets” to be sold.

The bus stopped all of a sudden, made Yun Ho snap out of his thoughts. He took a deep breath after realizing that he had reached his destination.

He got out of the car and started running to where the amusement park was. Luckily, there was no human line in front of the main box-office which was standing near the gates. He rushed to it and asked for the tickets.

“How can i help you?” The girl in the box-office asked.

“May i have two ‘one for all’ please?”

“Sure.” She handed Yun Ho the tickets as he paid for them.

“Thanks.” The time when he was leaving, the girl interrupted him.

“Sorry because i am asking this but... Are you going in there with your girlfriend?”

Yun Ho raised his eyebrow. “Yes?”

“Make sure use the ferries wheel at the exact time of 12.00 am.”

“And why is that?”

The girl smiled. “Because something beautiful will happen at that time.”

“Something beautiful uh? Okay then. I will.”

“And don’t forget to use wagon C.”

Yun Ho nodded, still confused.

 “I don’t know why you are telling me this but... Thank you.”

She smiled cheerfully. “Because i believe in your heart. Just be with the one who  you want to be with.”

Yun Ho smiled to her and left the place.

---

It was lunch break. Like everyone, Changmin went to the cafeteria and got his fixed menu before sitting next to Min Ho.

“I can’t believe they made ramen for today. It is so uncommon of them.”

“Yup. Got my curry sauced one.” Kyuhyun talked, sitting in front of Min Ho.

Changmin sighed. “There is even a beef sauced one. Someone will not coming here for lunch.”

“Are you talking about your hyung?” Min Ho asked, his mouth was full of food.

Changmin nodded.  “It is his favorite.”

“You know you can package one for him.” Kyuhyun said.

“Nope. His loss.” Changmin started to play with his food, mixing his ramen with a fork while the thoughts of Yun Ho popped in his mind.

“Such a difficult person you are!”

Yun Ho was shouting at him.

“This is my room you know. You just can’t throw your clothes onto my bed.”

“Tch. What if i did? It didn’t kill you right?”

“There is a word called ‘tidiness’ you know?”

“I know but...”

“See? End of the story.”

Yun Ho rolled his eyes as he jumped to the bed on the top.

“Can’t you be nicer to me?”

“I can’t be nice to anyone. Deal with it.” Changmin laid down to his bed.

Yun Ho murmured something to himself.

“Did you say something?” Changmin asked.

“I said that you are such a stubborn person.”

“You think so.”

“If you continue this way i will ask the headmaster to change my dorm.”

“Go on. I won’t stop you.”

Yun Ho didn’t say anything and with the each minute that passed by, Changmin felt bad.

“Maybe you should try to love me as me. This is me. I can’t change myself. Like you can’t be a neat person.”

“I am not talking to you.”

“You just did.”

Changmin could imagine him rolling his eyes. He smirked.

“You are a child.”

“I’m sleeping.”

Changmin got up from his bed and grabbed bars of the bunk and stretched his body up to face Yun Ho.

“You are not.”

“...”

Changmin hit his head playfully.

“Ouch. Why did you do that?”

“Don’t you like me anymore?” Changmin asked all of a sudden, lookin directly at Yun Ho’s eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“Just answer my question.”

“You are an unbearable person and I...”

“The question, hyung.”

“Well... It is not that i don’t like you...”

“So you don’t like me. I wanted to hear a proper answer that’s why i asked.” He sounded like a child now.

All of a sudden, Yun Ho came closer to him and faced him. Now there was an inch between their faces.

“I like you. I like you. I like you and i like you !”

Changmin could feel Yun Ho’s caressing breath on his face.

“I like Changmin. Are you happy now?”

Changmin smiled and thanked to him before lying down on his bed again.

“Are you even listening?” Kyuhyun’s sudden voice made him to get out of the trance.

“What?”

“Your ramen is all cold now. Are you sick? Why won’t you eat it?”

Changmin rubbed his forehead.

“I don’t feel like it. Sorry guys. I think i need some sleep. See you later.”

Then he stood up and went to his room.

---

When Changmin entered his room, he saw Yun Ho, taking off his shoes. He seemed like he had just come in.

“Ah. You are here.” Changmin said.

Yun Ho nodded. “I won’t stay for long though. I will meet her before we go to the amusement park.”

Changmin nodded, acting like he was okay but he was feeling so bad.

“Are you alright? Are you sick?”

He shook his head. “I’m tired. I will just go to bed.”

“You don’t look well. What about going to the infirmary? I can take you if you want.

“Do i seem like a bedridden to you? Just mind your own business.”

Yun Ho murmured to himself and started to change his clothes.

Changmin just laid down on his bed without taking his clothes off.

“Thanks for the advice by the way.” Yun Ho said, got his best clothes on, looking at Changmin.

“Sure.” He answered, his eyes  closed.

Yun Ho sighed. Then walked towards the door before a white folded sheet got his attention.

And he says messy to me... He thought, crawled and got the paper. He was going to throw it to the trash can at first, but his curiosity dominated him. Yun Ho opened the folded sides of the paper and saw the drawing of a roller coster.

What is that?”

“Hyung, this is so much fun! Why didn’t i come here before? But anyways... Thanks for coming with me...”

After reading this, Yun Ho just looked at Changmin, his eyes were filled with mixed feelings.

He, then went near him and looked at him, without making him noticed. Changmin was so pale and he even was trembling a bit.

Yun Ho put his hand onto Changmin’s forehead. It was burning.