The Brightest ‘W’

BACK IN TIME

She looked up the sky, and a W forms in the night sky. As though fireflies, the 5 brightest stars in the sky lit up the pitch black night.

“Look!! It’s a W! So bright and beautiful!!” The girl sat up, pointing to the stars excitedly.

“Of course! It’s Cassiopeia! It’s a famous constellation. Don’t you know?” The guy spoke in a layback tone, with obvious sarcasm.

“How am I supposed to know? I'm not into stars, unlike you.” The girl retorted, emphasising on the last word. She crossed her hands behind her head and lay back down again, admiring the picturesque night sky.

After a few seconds of quiet moment, the silence was broke once again.

“By the way, why is Cassiopeia so famous?” She asked, without flinching. Yet her question was met with silence.

She turned to the left and looked at her brother. “Hey! Are you asleep? Answer my question!”

“You are too noisy. I just don’t feel like answering a country bumpkin’s question.” The guy replied coldly while keeping his eyes closed.

“What?! Country bumpkin?!” The girl shot, sitting up. She glared at her brother angrily. She hated being called 'country bumpkin' and yet her brother knowingly, still called her that.

The guy smirked at her before sitting up.

“Do you know Cassiopeia also has another meaning?” The guy asked suddenly.

The girl shook her head. “Doesn't it only meant the constellation you just talk about? It has another meaning?” She asked, surprised.

“Did Cassiopeia have a story behind its existence?”

“Maybe.” The guy smiled as he gave her sister an ambigious answer and stood up abruptly.

“Hey where are you going? Don’t leave me behind!” The girl exclaimed, shocked at her brother's sudden gesture.

“Follow me! Save your questions for later!” The guy shouted back, without turning his head to look at her.

The girl looked up at the night sky then at her brother's backview. She was curious about the suspension her brother was keeping her in. She hesitated for a moment before deciding to catch up with him.

“Hey, wait for me!” She stood up, pat the grass that stuck on her pants before running in the direction of her brother who was already putting on his helmet and gearing up the engine on his motorbike.

“Hey bumpkin, if you don’t hurry, I will really drive off without you!”

“Merong!!” The girl stuck her tongue out. “You dare!” She warned as climbed onto the vehicle.

The girl wrapped her arms around her brother's waist.

“Let’s goooo!!” The guy pulled down the transparent cover of his helmet and the engine roared to life as he drove off, heading for the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yayyy!! It's the end of the first chapter! Did you enjoy this short chapter? I know it's too short but the next chapter will be longer. I promise! The main characters will be revealed in the next few chapters! So look out for them ;)