Eunhae Prologue

Mythology in the Modern World

All over Olympus, throngs and throngs of gods and goddesses flock the portals to their families on Earth. Hera smiled in her chamber and was surprised when Zeus came in.


“I’ll be going now..”


Hera smiled and kissed her husband. she then handed him the lightning bolt necklace he gave Siwon when he was born.


“you should give this to him.. and tell Jaejoong I’m sorry..”


Zeus looked at the necklace and was surprised when Hera also handed a ring.


“Hera.. this ring..”


“it is from my hearth.. a ring that will prove her position as your wife… as recognition…..”


Zeus kissed her and went to his way. It was a painful decision for Hera but her heart is light and she feels like a heavy stone had been lifted from her heart.. she does not carry Olympus alone.. it’s being shared by the Olympians and protected by mortals…


---…---
“omma.. why do we even go to Mokpo every summer.. we just stare at the sea…”


Donghae muttered as he kicks some sand. For 20 years, they’ve been going to Mokpo for summer and Yoona would stare out to the sea and wishes for a miracle to occur… for Nickhun to return. Donghae did not understand why his mother would stare out at the sea all day for the rest of summer when they both know that he’ll never return. Although he liked the sea and wished to be a dolphin in his second life, having heard that his father disappeared into the sea made him hate the thing he loved the most.


Yoona willingly waited for 20 years.. 20 years of hoping that he’ll return to her. 20 years of enduring a life without the man of his life.. Donghae felt his necklace tremble and it suddenly glowed sapphire blue. The waters then became violent and waves came crashing. An immense whirlpool formed and Donghae instinctively run to his mother to protect her. With his true intention to protect his mother, he unknowingly created a bubble that surrounded them and both were surprised. They stared at the water and it suddenly parted. Yoona was wide eyed when she saw someone walking from the sea.. It was Nickhun.


“Khunnie…”


Yoona run towards him, breaking the bubble that protected them. She runs and Nickhun welcomed her with open arms, embracing her tightly and Yoona cried on his shoulders. Donghae’s mouth agape as he stare at her mother hugging the mysterious man in the middle of the sea, with walls of water surrounding them. Nickhun noticed him and smiled. He grabbed Yoona’s hand and they both walked towards the surprised DOnghae, the water wall collapsing behind them.


“Donghae…”


Yoona said as she grabbed Donghae’s and Nickhun’s hand and made them shake hands.


“This is your Father Nickhun, Khunnie, this is your son Donghae”


Nickhun smiled but Donghae reluctantly shook his hand. Nickhun finally noticed the glowing necklace and realized that his son’s powers are now awakened..


“You’re turning 21 when?”


“October 15..”


Nickhun then raised his hands and a water dragon appeared before them.


“I am your father, God of the sea.. I am Poseidon.. and in a matter of days.. you will be able to control water at your own will..”


Donghae was stunned and did not know what to say or how to react.. he finally muttered


“cool!!! I can control the sea!!!!!”


Donghae danced happily and both Yoona and Nickhun laughed at their son.


“he had your charm..”


Yoona said and Nickhun replied.


“Well, he had your innocence..”


But I’m not that gullible!! You’re the childish one!”


Yoona muttered and Nickhun carried his wife bridal style and kissed her before he walked to the beach calling Donghae for them to celebrate his return.
----…---

It’s an ordinary day for Onew who was fixing his daughter’s breakfast. Eunja sat on the breakfast table and Onew placed the plate of fried chicken, her eyes rolled.

“pa.. why do we even eat Fried Chicken every morning? At this rate, you should just quit your job and work on a chicken farm!”

“wow.. Eunja, that’s a great idea!”

Eunja sighs.

“pa! it’s a joke!!!”

“but it’s a good idea!!”

Onew does love his chickens and so Eunja has to just eat the chicken in front of her as fast as she can before his dad can nag him more about the chicken farm. She shoves the food in as quickly as possible and left the house immediately. She breathes a sigh of relief as she walks to the park to meet her friend Junsu.

“Xiah!!!”

She shouted and runs to him. Junsu was all smiles as the girl hugged him.

“you never told me you’re back from Japan! If Zeno oppa didn’t tell me I wouldn’t know you returned already!”

Junsu scratched his head and smiled unsurely to Eunja.

“well I was going to surprise you…”

“surprise me?! Yeah right! So how was Japan?”

Junsu took out a box from his bag and handed it to her. She opened it and found an autographed BoA CD and the latest Harajuku fashion. She squealed and hugged her friend.

“Xiah.. arigatou gozaimasu!!”

Junsu laughs loudly.

“you are pretty easy to impress… and stop hugging me on public, everyone might get the wrong impression.”

“yeah RIGHT!! I’m not gonna steal you from Yoochun!”

“fine shall we dance then?”

Eunja nodded and carefully placed the gift and her bag on the bench and walked to the center of the park. Junsu then played the music and they both danced on queue. The people around them stopped and gathered to watch the showdown. Junsu is a great dancer but Eunja can equal him.

Victoria savors the beauty of earth as she reminisce the past; 20 yrs ago, when she the danced on the stage as Onew led her. She vividly remembers her first kiss on the same stage and her heart beating fast at the sight of him. her train of thoughts was disrupted when she saw the two dance at the same place where she and Onew danced. A smile appeared on her face as she watches the girl with long hair dance so perfectly.

The crowd applauded and Victoria as quite impressed to see such a lovely girl dance with such attitude and grace. She was interested and she decided to talk to her, she wanted to know her. But as she approaches the girl, she stopped as she saw a familiar face, It was Onew.

“Eunja!”

Eunja approached his dad and looked down.

“I told you not to dance anymore.. you are wasting your time!”

“but pa.. you yourself loves to dance…”

“used to love Eunja..”

“but pa..”

“onew..”

A soft voice made them looked at the stunning girl, her face vibrant as the sun, her smile sweet as the flowers that bloomed. She walked towards him and Onew was caught in a trance, it’s as if it was 20 years ago, when they both started liking each other, when they both danced on the same stage they are standing now. And Onew took her hand and led her to dance, the same dance that sealed their fate.. the dance of love. They need not the music for their hearts beat creating the rhythm they needed.

Eunja was surprised with the turn of events yet she smiled seeing his dad actually dance after so long. And just like before, they ended with a kiss, passionate and most awaited.

“what took you so long… I’ve been waiting all my life for your return.”

Onew muttered and Victoria smiled and kissed him again.

“I’m sorry if I took so long.. I won’t leave you.. ever..”

Onew smiled and held her hand. Eunja run to both of them and extended a hand.

“hello I’m Eunja, and you must be my father’s girlfriend? I don’t mind my dad seeing other girls since my mom is really MIA.. just make sure you teach my dad how to cook other food aside from chicken, then I’m fine with it.”

Victoria shook her hand and smiled, Onew rolled his eyes and explained.

“she’s not my girlfriend. She’s my wife. Eunja Vicky is your mom.”

Eunja’s face was flushed but Victoria embraced her daughter and whispered something.

“I’m sorry dear for leaving you..”

Eunja pushed her and runs away, Onew and Victoria chased after her.

“Eunja let me explain dear.. why do you dance?”

Victoria shouted and finally Eunja stopped and faced her.

“my heart wanted me o dance.. and every time I do so.. I become happy…”

“do you have the bracelet?”

Victoria slowly approached her and Eunja pointed to the charm bracelet in her right wrist.

“I am your mother, Terpsichore, a muse of dance. I had to give you up when you are born to protect you.. I’M SORRY.”

Eunja was surprised with the revelation but since her dad had taught her, she has an amazing positive attitude.

“can you promise me that I won’t eat fried chicken for breakfast for the rest of my life?”

Vicoria nodded and smiled.

“I promise….”

Eunja extended a hand yet again.

“we have a deal..”

Victoria shook them and hugged her daughter.

“btw when we were dating we always have fried chicken”

The two laugh and Onew just stood there looking at his two girls.