Help

Call for Help

I walked through an empty hallway. I was running out of supply so I stopped by this huge hospital. A place which used to be save lives. My life would possibly end here tonight.

But I had to take the risk. What other choices do I had? I crouched to touch the green slimy liquid at the floor. It was the predator’s blood.

I rubbed my fingers together. Letting my thoughts being immersed into the green liquid.

I heard footsteps. My body became alarmed. But still trying to look relaxed. Like I heard nothing. Like I was still in my little world.

The sound of those footsteps were once again heard. It seemed like the owner was running. I turned around. Letting my eyes scanning the hallway.

My right hand was on my riffle. Getting ready if I needed that riffle.

“Don’t.” A husky, deep voice stopped me. I faced him who was beside me.

Pulling my riffle and aimed right at his head I glared him. “I’m a human.” He calmly smiled at me.

Somehow something inside me starting to feel fuzzy and warm. “You may a human. But that doesn’t make you’re not an enemy. I lifted my riffle aiming right at his forehead.

“If you kill me. You’ll make no difference than those monsters out there.” He gently pushed my riffle downwards. “I’m sure you don’t want that.” He smiled.

I studied his face. My eyes fell to his lips. I saw a scar below his lower lip. My eyes climbed to his eyes. And our eyes met.

This guy, somehow. Seemed so fragile. Impossible for an enemy. He looked like he needed protection.

“Introduce yourself.” I scanned the hallway. Trying to run away from his stares. The stares that was making holes at me right now.

“Judging by how hard hearted you are, you must be one of the Security Enforcements.” He chuckled. Wait, how could he chuckle when we were in the middle of a bloody war?

“Luhan, 22, Northern side.” He let out his hand. Waiting for my reach of a friendly handshake.

“China?” I smirked. We were somewhere in the North Korea now. Judging by his facial features. I’m guessing he was a Chinese. I remembered how I used to hate how all of my toys were made in China.

He signaled his hand. That little smile never left his lips. “How about you?”

“Chaerin. 19, Southern side.” I smirked at his hand. I should always give strangers cold shoulder. I reminded myself.

Knew that I wouldn’t reach for his hand, Luhan pulled his hand back to him and cleared his throat. “Hungry?” he asked.

Starving.’ I made him faced my back and walked away from him. Ignoring him.

Luhan chuckled and followed me. I tried to walk faster. But his long legs could still catch after me.

“Why are you following me?” I glared him. His smile never left his face and he just simply shrugged. “I’m going too. There’s nothing useful here.”

I just rolled my eyes completely ignoring the fact that he was here with me.

When we stepped outside, the smell of the dead ones rushed into my nose. I just simply hated the smell. Somehow the smell indicates how low are our chances to survive. Like the dead ones are increasing. Somehow, we human. Will simply extinct.

I turned my head and saw Luhan behind me. Still smiling. “Would you please stop smiling? It irritates me.” I asked him with a hateful tone. Trying to get rid of that smile.

I hated the fact that he smiled like an angel. I just felt safe. But I am not. These monsters, predators or whatever people call them will attack us anytime. Even now.

He simply reached my hands. He caught me off guard and kissed the top of my hand. “It’s such a pity that these hands were used to kill.”

I stumbled by his actions and took a few steps back. “What are you?” My face stiffened my heart twitched.

He walked towards me step by step. “I’m Luhan. I thought that I introduced myself to you already.” He smiled. Again.

“Stop.” I lifted my riffle up. This time I’m serious. I’m not afraid to blow his head off.

But he kept taking his steps. Not even bothered by the riffle aimed towards him. I was so afraid and my actions were just out of my control and I shot him. Right at the heart.

Something was wrong. This is impossible. How can he still alive? Why is he not screaming in pain? Why is he still smiling?

I was on the verge of crying. I admit. I’m weak. I don’t care if I had to die now. My knees gave up on me and here I am. Kneeling. Looking into his eyes in terror.

He kneeled in front of me and pulled me into a warm hug. “Be strong.” Was all that I heard from him.

He took my hand and whispered. “Close your eyes and just… be strong.”

I’m too tired to fight him. I’m too tired. So, I closed my eyes. Then a voice rang in my head. Telling me a story. My chest tightened. I could barely breath. I opened my eyes. I stared into his eyes. Impossible! My inner side screamed.

I still could remember the voice.

There was a poor young girl. Parted from her family while surviving the chaos now. She somehow survived even she was alone. Maybe, the fact that she was alone made her the only human survivor. The earth – no, the world was too damaged, the monsters were too smart. Smarter than the humans. Somehow, they could find humans that survived in groups and killed all of them. Since this girl was the only one who survived alone. The monsters couldn’t track her. We sent her an angel. The angel need to find her before the monster does. Because we need, to get rid of her. We don’t want her to suffer alone. We need to save her. By killing her. So, this angle’s task is to kill her. At any cost.

“Liar.” I felt tears coming out from my eyes. Impossible. I am the only human in this world? This ing planet? That means that my family is – dead?

“I’ve told you. Be strong.” Luhan smiled at me. Stop smiling!

How can this smiling physco was the one that had to kill me?

“You know, I can hear your thoughts.” He chuckled. “From the start. That’s how I can find you. You’re the only voice left in the world.”

“I came here to help you. Remember the last time you prayed to God? You don’t want to suffer anymore. You called for help. Now, your help is here.” His hand reached for my forehead and rested it there. While staring into my eyes.

“It’s time to sleep.” He closed my eyes with his hand. And I felt, pain. The pain of dying. I tried to open my eyes but his voice interrupted me. “Don’t. It will be over soon. This will be the last time you suffer.”

Somehow, I can sense he was still smiling at me. “I promise. Let’s meet up in the heaven okay?”

My body was motionless. It’s now a body without soul. Luhan kissed my forehead and placed my body on the ground gently. “See you around.” He walked away leaving my body.