First and Last

Sticky Notes
The bell rings.It's already 10:30 am and it's time for my next class, which is the ever boring Economics every Tuesdays and Thursdays here in room D217..
 
While walking to class, I noticed the warm weather in January, many students were already sweating profusely. Weird.
 
When I arrived, the class was already dismissed and the students were coming out of the room.Walking by the front door,I got a glimpse of a girl wearing a pink ribboned headband.Our eyes met and I continue walking until i don't see her already.
 
I walk by the front door once again and she was still there,our eyes met once again.
The students inside the room began walking outside one by one.A boy taps the girl's shoulder and bids her goodbye.Then she realizes that she was already standing there for too long and tucks her hair behind her ear. And silently,she walks out of the room.
 
As soon as the room was emptied by the previous class,I headed towards my usual seat and a yellow colored sticky note caught my attention.What in the world is this?
I pick it up and read the contents.Scribbles,drawings.
It says:
 
Hello! :)
Good Morning!
From now on,you'll be my new friend.
PS:Please take this with you.
 
Oh.A stranger giving random sticky notes to random people.Interesting.She's crazy.
Yeah.SHE.I can recognize her handwriting.
Finally,the professor comes in and I hurriedly put the yellow sticky note between the pages of my notebook.
 
 
The days went on and I kept receiving those yellow colored sticky notes.She would always put random drawings and narrations of random things and say 'Please take this with you','Hello!How are you?' and 'Goodluck for the Exams!.Still,I keep it always for reasons I don't even know.
I guess, it has been a part of my routine already.
 
 
 
Last Tuesday,I was expecting  a yellow note to greet me that day but there was nothing.Just my chair.
 
 
Ugh.Why isn't there any sticky note today? Where is she? Did she attend class today? I'm worried for a person I barely knew except for her sticky notes.
Have I gone mad?
 
I tried searching under the chair.Still, there was nothing.
It made me think. The weather is really gloomy and it's still raining hard,maybe she got sick.Yeah.She got sick.
 
"Mr. Zhang?Would you like to lead the prayer?" the professor asked me.
"Uh.Sure"
 
The whole day,I seemed to be so distracted.
Even now.
"Yah Lay!Are you still with me? I think your mind should come back down to earth." my friend Kris told me.
"Oh.Really? Psh. Can't a person space out for nothing?" I said in denial.
"Sheesh. What's wrong with you bro? Any problem?
 
"Me?A sticky note bothering me?.Oh come on!That's dull!"
 
"I never mentioned any sticky note"
 
"You didn't?"
 
"No."
 
"Oh"
 
"What's with the sticky note?"
 
"Nothing".He grimaces at me.
 
"Really." Then I roll my eyes.
 
He pats me by the shoulder and bids goodbye.
 
"I'll be going now"
 
"Bye" He rushes towards the next building as the rain pours down heavily.
 
"Aish.Ain't this gonna stop?".I mumbled as I was still standing near the entrance of the building.
"I need to go home now.I'm bored already.Here it goes."
 
Before I could run under the pouring rain,someone shared an umbrella with me.
 
I shift my gaze at the person and familiar faced girl watching every single raindrop fall on the ground.She looks through my direction  and smiles.My heart skips a beat upon her gesture.
1 second...2 seconds..3 seconds..4 seconds...
I kept staring at her.My heart still beating fast for unknown reasons.
5..6...7...8
Wind blows and ruffles her long curly hair.She blinks her eyes and opens them slowly.I notice every move she makes.She's not the typical hot chic,not also considered as  those girls that guys are desperate of.Not as perfect as others but she's kinda pretty though.
9..10.
"Yah.Gwaenchanhayo?" She finally asks me and snaps me out of my gaze.
 
"Uh. Ne." I said while nodding my head endlessly.
"Where are you going?I'll come with you"
"C-Come with me?Why?"
 
She looks at her umbrella and back at me.
"Oh."
The next thing I knew is that we're walking down the streets under her pink umbrella.I offered to handle it since I'm taller than her.We walked until the bus stop and silently waited for the next rip.
She just watched the continuous pouring of the rain and extends her arm and opens out her palms to feel the raindrop in her hands.
Suddenly,thunder roars throughout the city.I jolt up to the shocking sound.
"EGOMONINA!" I uttered in surprise.
She looks at me weirdly and lets out a chuckle.I tried to compose myself upon realizing the shameful thing that I did.That was a major turn off.
 
The bus comes to a stop and I hand her back the umbrella.She touches my hand unintentionally.Her hands are warm.Really warm.Is she sick?She looks pale too.
 
Finally,I bid goodbye to her.I entered the bus and sat near the window.As the bus slowly drifts away from the place,I can't help but look at her.That time ,I realized,I haven't asked her name.So stupid of me.
 
I remember her smile a while ago as time seemed to stop while a was looking at her.It makes my heart flutter once more .I touch my chest and feel my heartbeat.A smile slowly crept up from my lips.
 
 
 
I waited for Thursday to receive another sticky note on my desk.Still,I saw nothing.I don't know why I'm still expecting .Maybe it's just that I'm happy receiving her messages every Tuesday and Thursday.She also gives me words of encouragement which makes me smile upon reading them.I'm really hoping to meet her someday.I still waited for the next Tuesdays and Thursdays and to my surprise,I was happy to see a yellow sticky note once again attached on my desk.I rushed towards my chair,making my classmates look at me.
 
 
"Good Morning!
How are you?Longtime no write."
Today,class is boring.We just wrote 
another boring essay.
Take care and God Bless."
 
PS:Take this with you whoever you are.
  Look under your desk.
 
I looked under the desk and found another paper.I was somehow surprised upon opening it.It was a sketch.
 
Of me.
 
 
She knows me.
She definitely knows me.
 
If she knows me, then maybe,I know her too or maybe not.Maybe it just looks like me.Aish.No!This is really me!Hmm.I'll just keep it.She has nice drawing skills though.
 
 
The next Tuesday,she just narrated her boredom during her English class.Suddenly,I realized.She belongs to the class before us.Then I can conclude. She's one of those freshmen.I just don't have the chance to see them because lately, they are dismissed early.
How I wish that I could see her already.She's killing me with curiosity.
****
Time seems to fly so fast.
It's February and it's Valentine's day.
I've received a lot of letters,chocolates and gifts from random strangers.I came early today for me to get a glimpse of her.To have a clue who she really is.I'm gonna wait until she comes out of the classroom.I just want to know who she really is.
 
I headed towards room D217 on the second floor of the building but I saw no one.
It's almost 9:40 and what I know is that their class starts at 9am.They should be here by now.
 
I thought, I'll be able to finally see and meet her now.I was about to leave the room when I saw a yellow colored sticky note attached once again on my desk along with 3 small round shaped milk chocolates.
 
"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!"
 the note said.I hurriedly took the chocolates,ate it, and stored the wrappers between the pages of my notebook.
 
I read the note once again and smiled.As I saw the message at the back,I can't help but feel excited.
 
"I'll be at the church at exactly 5 in the afternoon
I'm hoping to finally meet you and share random stories with you face-to-face."
 
At last!I'll get to meet her finally.I do hope that she's pretty :). Just kidding.*half meant*
 
I just really want to meet her.
 
The special girl who makes me smile in every single sticky note that she leaves on my desk.
 
 
******
 
My watch says it's already 4:55 pm. Yawn.It's so nice to have a nap in the afternoon.
 
 
Wait...
 
 
4:55????? WTH
 
I immediately rummaged my closet to find something nice to wear and finally rushed towards the university since it's just near the dorm.I don't care if i'm running like a crazy mad man. I musn't miss this chance.
 
Finally,after some minutes of running,I reached the church while catching my breath.
 
Upon entering it,I saw no one.Then I look at my watch.It's just 5:03.Did she really mean  5:00 pm sharp?
 
I panted so hard;gasping for more air to breathe.It was really tiring you know.
 
I tried waithing for 15 more minutes but no one came.Maybe, she's just trolling me.AISH.She got me there.Maybe I just expected to much and was just bilnded by thte excitement that I felt.
 
I was about to leave the church when I saw a familiar piece of paper lying on the floor. I immediately picked it up and read the message along with it.
 
"I'm sorry,I need to leave now.Goodbye"
 
The last words weren't written properly, all messed up and somehow written forcefully.
 
I got tensed and my heart started beating faster than ever.Just after a few seconds,I got a phone call from my bestfriend Luhan.
 
"Bro.I'm at the hospital right now."
 
 
Just after I heard his news,I rushed towards the hospital and upon reaching the waiting area,I saw Luhan seated outside the emergency room.
 
"Luhan, what happened?" I asked Luhan.
 
"I was walking out of the church when a girl suddenly collapsed infront of me.She was gasping for air really hard.Maybe she's got asthma or something so I brought her here."
 
"...
 ...
 ...
 Ch-Church?"
 
"Yeah.And I also saw this with her."
 
Then he handed me a small yellow sticky note.
 
"I'm really happy and excited to meet you now.
 This feeling within me is just so overflowing.
 Strange.
 My heart beats faster and faster.
 Are we going to be friends?
 All I know is that your smile is sunshine to my eyes.
 I also love the way your eyes sparkle.
 The way you frighten up upon hearing the loud thunder
 and your voice is is a sweet melody to my ears.
 
 
By the way,Thanks for the rosary and the bubble tea.
I truly appreciate those.
 
Rosary?Bubble tea?
 
My name is Erin.Kim Erin.
 The one who shared an umbrella with you.
 
 I'm hoping to say everything of this as soon as we meet.
 ..."
 
"Erin" I mutter as tears start to well up from my eyes upon hearing the doctor's statement.
 
I stood infront of a stretcher covered with white cloth and took the covers off. 
 
I'm gonna see her for the first and last time. Well, maybe not the first time.
 
 "Are you coming?Maybe not.Yet,I'm still expecting.
 I like you alot
 
 Zhang Yixing.
 
 What would you reply?I'm really curious.hmm.
 
 
I held her hand and kissed the back of it for the first and last time.
 
"Me too. My heart longed for you and your messages on your sticky notes.I've fallen for you, Erin"
 
We'll meet again.
 
Someday"