Chapter 6

Gone, Gone, Gone
Immediately Zhou Mi was cut out of the chair he was tied to and treated for his cheek burn and other wounds, but he wasn't concerned about himself, he was trying to catch a glimpse of Kyuhyun who was on the ground, surrounded by a crowd of EMTs. 
"Is he going to be ok?" Zhou Mi asked weakly the the paramedic who was dabbing his cheek with a cotton ball soaked in antiseptic.
"I can't say for sure, but they're doing the best they can."
Suddenly all the EMTs stood up and brought Kyuhyun to lay next to Zhou Mi.  He blinked back tears as he noticed how shallowly Kyuhyun was breathing.
"M-Mi Mi? Are you there? I can't see anything anymore." Kyuhyun gasped out, tears dripping down his face,"I'm scared Mimi, I-I don't want to die.  Please don't leave me!"  Feeling for Zhou Mi, he felt a strong pair of hands take his and squeeze them reassuringly.
"It's all right Kyuhyun," Zhou Mi choked out, swallowing the lump in his throat, "you'll be fine, I'll get my job, we will have a happy Christmas, and live together forever."
"We'll live happily t-t-together forever..." Kyuhyun bawled.
"Just little Kyuhyunnie and Mimi." Zhou Mi finally broke, all the tears he had held back spilled out of his eyes as he pulled Kyuhyun into a hug.
Giving a watery smile into Zhou Mi's shoulder he murmured, "I love you Mimi." before exhaling his last breath.
Zhou Mi heard Kyuhyun say something and then he was still.
"No...no no NO! Kyuhyun!" sobs wracked his body as he screamed in agony into Kyuhyun's chest. This couldn't be happening, Kyuhyun would spring back up any moment now, laughing, and say it was all a joke.
"Time of death 4:36 pm, date August 26, 2004." A policeman recorded in his notebook.
"Sir, you have to let go." A paramedic said sternly, pulling Zhou Mi off Kyuhyun.
"He's gone," Zhou Mi whispered in shock, his head between his hands as he watched medics pull a white sheet over Kyuhyun's whole body, "he's gone, gone, gone."
The doors to the department store slid open, Zhou Mi walked outside in his winter jacket and wrapped his scarf tighter around his face.  Starting on his way home, the snow and ice crunched beneath his feet, filling the silence that followed him. When he reached home he took off his winter gear an left it on the floor in the doorway.  Emptying the contents of the bag onto the floor he picked up the wrapping paper and began wrapping the gift he had purchased at the store.
 
After he tied a black ribbon around the slim box , he got up, checked the calendar, and put his winter jacket, scarf, boots and mittens back on.  He stepped outside into the cold December evening and locked the door behind him, the present under his arm. On his way, Zhou Mi bought two ice creams, despite the cold weather.  He didn't eat them though, he would eat his when he reached his destination.  Walking to the outskirts of town, slowly climbing a hill, he came upon the sign for the cemetery up ahead. 
 
Pushing open the creaky gates he looked around, finally he found the black headstone he was looking for.  It read 'Cho Kyuhyun, Born February 8, 1988- Died August 26, 2004.'  A picture of Kyuhyun smiling brightly in a black picture frame was lightly dusted with snow, he crouched down to brush it off gently.
"It's already been a few months, huh? Well, here's our celebratory ice cream..." Zhou Mi said quietly, setting down the ice cream on the ledge of the grave, next to the picture.  He settled himself in front of the headstone and stared at the ice cream in his hands.
"I-I miss you a lot, more than you would know..." Zhou Mi's voice wavered, his eyesight blurring from tears, "it's just not the same with my little Kyuhyunnie around me..."
Remembering why he was here, he wiped his eyes on his scarf and pulled the present from underneath his arm.
"Merry Christmas Kyuhyun...I...I finally got your Christmas present."
Zhou Mi unwrapped the slim packaging to reveal the newest handheld gaming system.
"It's a Nintendo DS, the newest game system.  I...I hope you like it..."grief finally overtook Zhou Mi as he bent over, sobbing.
"It don't know much about games, but I'm sure y-you would've enjoyed it if you were still here..."
He took the DS out of its box and set it in an air tight container, sealing it shut he put it next to the picture frame and ice cream.  Getting on his knees, Zhou Mi bowed to the grave.
"I love you Kyuhyunnie..." Zhou Mi kissed his two finger tips and pressed them to Kyuhyun's smiling face.  He stood up wiping the tears off his face that wouldn't stop flowing and started on his way home, cold and alone in this world.

A/n: After a day of trying to upload this chapter, it finally happened! I fought through cat allergies, a migraine, and accidentally destroying all progress multiple times to bring you the end of my story! I teared up while writing this chapter a bit XD It's quite a sad and ironic ending.  Actually, I made an alternate ending to this story, so if you wanna read it, just let me know and i'll tweak it a bit and upload it later. Thank you all of my readers, silent readers, commenters, and subscribers! See ya~! :D