Jaelle

Nocturne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris glanced at Tao who turned to the others. They all shook their heads.

“Yah, don’t dare stare like that at me,” Kai frowned while arranging the red cape around his body. “It wasn’t me, alright? I might like to speak like a chick from time to time, but it wasn’t me, okay? Okay.”

“Then who spoke?” Tao unbuckled his seat belt while looking at the smoke that was coming out from under the hood of the van. “Oh, come one! Now the engine is on fire? You must be kiddin’ me!” He made his way out as quick as he could. “False alarm, false alarm! It’s the wheels that made the smoke come out when I stepped on the break. Sorry. So, who’s guilty for this second almost-accident?”

The guys looked one at another with suspicion.

“Oh, come on! It’s not like I can imitate a girl,” Chanyeol frowned at Kai. “If there’s someone who could have done it, then that’s –”

“Me,” the voice from before made itself known once again, causing the six boys to freeze on their places. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” she continued, her head sticking above the pile of bags in the back of the van.

Dark hair and dark eyes. That was all you could see at first. Her wavy, black hair was enframing a small and oval face with big, black eyes that seemed to be two dying stars on the bottom of an abyss. Her lips were red like a pomegranate, contrasting with the pale, ghostly skin. The girl that was looking at Kris with a slight frown seemed to have fallen from the moon.

“And who’re you?” Kai frowned at her.

“Jaelle?”

 

☾ ♅ ☽

Tao’s prediction turned out to be completely wrong as it was 2PM already and the sun was shining above them as if it was mocking their tangled situation: the six of them glancing at one single and quiet girl, before returning to their whispering in a circle.

From the looks on their faces, they were debating on what to do with the girl after hearing her strange request:

“I want to travel with you.”

Alright, more of an order hidden under a wish.

“So, what do we do?” Sehun looked at the others with worried eyes.

“We can’t keep her. She’s definitely a runaway!” Kai frowned to show his approval.

“And you know that because you’re one yourself?”  Chanyeol showed his teeth in a wide grin. “And on a side note, we can’t keep her because she’s not a pet. Mind that please!”

“Stop the fighting, for goodness sake!” Lay smacked them both. “This is about something else from what I’ve noticed,” he continued, tilting his head towards right.

“Something else?” Tao’s eyes met Kris. “What else could be going on apart from having her here and not being to leave until we decide what to do with her?”

“She’s underage, Tao,” Lay whispered.

“Why are you so sure?” Kai raised an eyebrow, earning at least two glares.

“Look, I’m not a complete idiot!” Lay spat back.

“You said that right! Not a complete one!”

“Shut it, Kim Jong In, or I’ll take your cape,” Sehun hissed at his friend, making his fingers clench the edges of the fabric. “Why do you think she’s underage, Lay? I’ve seen women in their thirties that could have passed as teens with a little make up.”

“Well, how to put this?” Lay’s cheeks turned into a shade of pink. “Her s aren’t developed to the fullest,” he whispered, keeping his eyes on the tips of his white shoes, “her cheeks sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter