Friends?

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa has been in and out of hospital for treatment and Minhyuk and I have been handling his most of his workload. Yes, I am now more than just his driver. But, ever since Taeyon and Jonghyun came almost a month ago, Yonghwa still looks sad. I did ask him of course considering if he had a chance to talk to Jonghyun (since he works at the hospital) but still Jonghyun refused to meet him.

I don’t know what to do really, but I need to do something to settle this once and for all. Yonghwa is not going to cheer up if this goes on. I am devoted to help Yonghwa no matter what and besides I did promise him to lend a hand however I can. So I decided to ask a favour from Taeyon Onnie (apparently I bonded with Taeyon considering Jungshin is her brother a.k.a. my cousin’s boyfriend). We ended up meeting at the hospital.

Taeyon Onnie works in a different hospital but often she has matters to attend at the hospital where Yonghwa is being treated and coincidentally where Jonghyun works.

“He’s going to get mad at you Onnie” I said as were entering the elevator.

Taeyon Onnie smiled and nodded. “He will but we need to make him realise that he is being selfish. I’m not siding with any of them Joohyun ah…”

I nodded. Both Yonghwa and Jonghyun need to realise their mistakes and it does not matter which side is wrong or right.

“Thank you for sharing with me Joohyun ah. I wouldn’t have understood that Choding’s reasons for leaving us at the first place” Taeyon Onnie said.

“I’m doing this for Yonghwa…” I replied simply. “This is the least I can do”

Onnie patted my shoulder, “You care for him a lot… I’m glad he is not alone anymore”

I do care for that Choding and…. I owe him a proper confession. Maybe after all this drama has ended… Maybe…

 

 

The look on Jonghyun’s face slowly scares me. One moment he smiled but when he saw me entering his office his facial expression changed.

“Honey…” Taeyon Onnie said, trying to calm him. “There is no need to throw your anger at Joohyun”

“I am not angry at her but it’s because of her he left us at the first place” he said.

That did hurt but I am here for Yonghwa. I threw his remarks away from my mind and continue to say what I wanted to say.

“Here me out please Jonghyun ssi…” I said.

“I am busy right now—“he said.

“NO!” I yelled. “YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU SULKY BABY!” I don’t give a damn anymore. “YONGHWA WAS AFRAID! HE WAS AFRAID TO TELL YOU THAT HE WAS SICK!” tears then voluntarily fell from my eyes. “He didn’t dare to promise his comeback because he wasn’t sure if he’ll live through the disease! He didn’t want to give us false hopes! Why can’t you understand that?!”

He stared at me for a moment before he talked. “It was because of the promise he made with you… he didn’t want to break another promise”

“Yes” I said. “Give him a chance Jonghyun ssi. He’s been down the whole time ever since you came to him”

Taeyon Onnie gave him quite a nudge on his right rib all of a sudden. “Stop being so dramatic you… you’re still his best friend. Go and talk to him”

Rubbing his right rib he then turned to me with a sigh. “I’m sorry for what I have said Seo Joohyun ssi…”

I shook my head and assured him that I am not all offended. The most important thing here is their relationship. “Please talk to him Jonghyun ssi… He’s sick again and I don’t want him to feel alone. Please…”

He finally nodded.

 

 

It is the weekend and I let Yonghwa to sleep in. He looks tired most of the time but his teasing didn’t stop at all. To be honest, watching him smile and laugh, I can’t help but feel relieved.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” he said. I was sitting on the edge of his bed, watching him sleep.

“You didn’t cry” I said.

He smiled and asked me to sit closer to him. He took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together. “It is because I know you are always by my side”

I rolled my eyes. “Cheesy Choding” I giggled. “How are you feeling now?”

“Never better, iguana” he said.

“Hey!” I laughed. “I am glad to know that octopus!”

He then pulled me to rest next to him and once again, just like at the hospital, our foreheads touched. “I miss you Seo Joohyun ssi” he whispered.

“I don’t” I replied and he smiled.

He nuzzled towards me more and I could only smile. I could never imagine me being this close to a man before but now, everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter