The Ex And The Fake Boyfriend 2

A Journey With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere was intense at table number 10. Sitting on the right side were the worried Seo Joohyun and the unexplainably relaxed Jung Yonghwa while on the opposite side sat Cho Kyuhyun; Joohyun’s former friend/lover with his new sophisticated girlfriend, Victoria Song.

 

Kyuhyun stared at Yonghwa sensing the lie, very much because he was aware of Seohyun’s discomfort. The Seo Joohyun he knows will not get too close to a man. He wanted her before and he waited too long thus he gave up on her. Seohyun stared at Kyuhyun’s new lover, clearly a woman above her. She wished she could run away but running away would state her defeat. She will never be defeated by a man like him.

 

“How long have you guys been friends?” Victoria asked breaking the deafening silence; to Seohyun at least. Kyuhyun gave a peck on Victoria’s cheek before sending a piercing smirk to Seohyun; like rubbing salt onto a wound. Swallowing hard, Seohyun tried to talk with perhaps the most unconvincing relaxed expression plastered on her face. This time she will really break in front of them but not until Yonghwa touched her hand.

 

Tightening and intertwining his fingers with her, Yonghwa seemed to give her a push to fight her sadness and confusion away. Finally relaxed, Seohyun smiled. “You mean Kyuhyun and me?” she said bravely. This surprised Kyuhyun.

 

Unknown to Victoria she naively nodded her head. “His friends are my friends too” she smiled. Seohyun smiled too but further grabbing Yonghwa’s hand. Clearly Victoria has no idea how bad Kyuhyun had broken her heart. “I’ve known him since college... what about you?” Seohyun nonchalantly asked.

 

“Enough about us honey...” Kyuhyun said while nuzzling into Victoria’s neck, “Tell us about you and Yonghwa. How’d you guys met? I didn't know you have other male friends considering how extreme of an introvert you are... No offence Joohyun” Truth be told, Kyuhyun was waiting for this moment; there's no way the Seo Joohyun he knew is in a relationship this fast.

 

Without any idea of anything to say Seohyun began to panic. Her bravery was short lived.

 

“We met when we were kids” Yonghwa suddenly entered the conversation. “In fact we met in an orphanage” he continued. “I guess that makes me Seohyun’s first love” he added.

 

“Seohyun? Who is this Seohyun?” Kyuhyun asked baffled by the mention of a stranger’s name. Putting his arms across Seohyun’s stiffened shoulders, Yonghwa connivingly smiled. “Seohyun is a pet name I gave her... Hyun for short. Aren’t we cute?”

 

Kyuhyun snorted. “Vicky honey... would you do the honour of ordering a drink for your husband-to-be?” Flashing him a smile, Victoria made her way to the bar dragging Seohyun along with her. Only Yonghwa and Kyuhyun were at the table.

 

“I don’t believe you” Kyuhyun said. His tone serious. “I can’t believe you left her” Yonghwa cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter