quicksand

mingled remembrances [an exo drabble collection]

quicksand. [kaisoo]                                 

 

Kyungsoo always wondered what it would feel like to be buried alive, locked in the dark and eerie marble coffin with no way out. Having voice, arms, legs, but not possessing the sufficient amount of strength to break through; to shout for help. Heart bursting with overwhelming regret of having not lived life the way he wanted to; of not loving the way he expected himself to; of not having spent the last few moments of his life in joy. Listening to the murmurs, mourns, and footsteps of those attending his funeral, placing bundles of flowers in remembrance of him. But he doesn’t think he would favour the delicate little flora placed gently on the cold, hard surface of his coffin since he despised the fragrance the flowers emitted.

The fragrance would remind him that he’s still alive despite being trapped in this suppressing, enclosed area. It would remind him of the everlasting, heaps of happiness waiting outside for him- haunting him like a shadow- simply an epitome of someone caging him up and then provoking him, daring him to penetrate those chains.

But he wouldn’t know what it would take for him to get out; to fly. At least, he doesn’t think so.

Even now as he sits on a bench gazing at Jongin half-heartedly; Jongin staring back at him with those eyes of his that looked seemingly frail, accompanied with the vivid dark rings that encircled them, sniffing away pathetically, Kyungsoo doesn’t think he has the heart to desert him.

Despite the many wrongs he had committed, Kyungsoo’s heart was set on him from the start, and no matter how many times Jongin disappoints or disappointed him, he wasn’t going to abandon him for the world.

Sometimes Kyungsoo thinks he must be insane to have stayed by Jongin’s side even after all this while, even after all that they’ve been through, even after all he has been tolerating. But he thinks this is love. Perhaps this is what constantly reminds him of the feeling of being buried alive- not being able to escape despite his dying urge to.

After all, love is like quicksand.

 


lol okay the first nonsensical concept to be introduced