I'm Really Sorry

Infected by Your Virus

Baekhyun headed back to his dormitory, hoping not to see Chanyeol in the room. He was tired from today’s events and just wanted to rest. Baekhyun swiped his card key to his room and entered with an exhausted face.

 

Speak of the devil, Chanyeol was indeed there in the dorm. Sitting on the bed with a laptop on his lap. Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun’s presence, turned his head to him, and greeted him with the usual stupid smile on his face. Baekhyun merely cringed at Chanyeol and tried to erase the memory of the surprise kiss earlier today. He sloppily proceeded to drop on his bed, arm covering his face. It was completely silent for awhile, until Chanyeol spoke up.

“Baekhyun, since it’s not much longer that we would have to go to class, would you like to go on a date with me tomorro-“

“-No.” Baekhyun replied bluntly.

“Awh why not?” Chanyeol whined like a child.

“Because I don’t want to affiliate you with myself ever again.” Baekhyun sat up from his bed and turned to face Chanyeol, whose bed was across from Baekhyun’s. “Please Chanyeol. Whatever stunt you’re trying to pull, stop it. It’s not funny. We’re not in highschool anymore. We’re adults. So stop your “I’m-gonna-make-you-fall-in-love-with-me” business, okay? It’s never gonna happen again, so stop wasting your time.”

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows before speaking up. “Baekhyun. Do you even know my motive? Do you know the reason why I decided to come back?”

Baekhyun scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Of course. You’re gonna try to make me your play toy again. Okay, I admit it. I was really easy in high school and super gullible. After pleasuring yourself in that unfortunate incident in high school and getting bored of me, you decide to suddenly disappear, hunting for new toys. Then, a few years later, after going through a variety of toys in college, you realize that I’m the easiest one to play with and came back for me. Simple as that.”

 

After registering that whole theory of Baekhyun’s in his mind, Chanyeol cracked a large smile and began to laugh obnoxiously. In return, Baekhyun also cracked a rather fake smile back to him.

“Laughing because it’s so true, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol merely began to laugh as he slowly approached Baekhyun and stood over the latter on the bed. “Haha!! I’m laughing because it’s so absolutely-“ Chanyeol completely stopped his laughter and stared seriously at Baekhyun’s face. “-false.”

Baekhyun could only frown at Chanyeol with a confused face. Baekhyun spoke back to him in a doubtful tone.

“What the hell do you mean you addict? You obviously came back to screw me.“

Chanyeol sighed heavily and spoke. ““Do you really think I dropped out of my old college and switched all the way here, just to have ?”, he asked.

 “Yes. Because I know you have the capability to sink that low.”

Chanyeol bobbed his head and shot Baekhyun a grin.

 

“Okay. If you really do insist that I came here to have …” Chanyeol purred as he dropped down to a lower position, so that he was face to face to Baekhyun. Both of Chanyeol’s arms were pressed against the bed with Baekhyun in between so that he was trapped in his stead. “Let’s get started shall we?”

 

Chanyeol shot Baekhyun a seducing look, which had Baekhyun slowly backing away. Baekhyun was captured by Chanyeol’s gaze, which gave him haunting flashbacks of two years ago. Baekhyun just couldn’t escape Chanyeol’s hold and just completely froze. Chanyeol slowly moved closer to Baekhyun’s face, staring at his lips.  A million thoughts ran through Baekhyun’s head.

 

He’s going to disappear again.

 

He’s just going to hurt you.

 

Please don’t make the same mistake.

 

Hurry and run away from him.

 

Baekhyun just remained still, as if he was possessed by Chanyeol’s alluring nature. He waited for Chanyeol’s lips to crash onto his.

 

Suddenly, a loud knock came at the door, stopping Chanyeol.

“Baekhyun? Are you in there? It’s Kyungsoo.”

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, who quickly snapped out of his frozen state. Baekhyun quickly avoided Chanyeol’s eyes and pushed him away with one hand. Finally backed away, Chanyeol watched Baekhyun as he ran to the door and opened it, to find Kyungsoo standing there with a small smile.

 

“What is it Kyung?” Baekhyun asked, still slightly dazed by the events seconds before. He didn’t know whether or not to be grateful to Kyungsoo for suddenly dropping by and interrupting. The uncertainty made Baekhyun mentally drive crazy.

“Do you wanna hang out tonight and go drinking? Might as well before actual classes come!” Kyungsoo tried to persuade Baek. Baekhyun stood there, trying to decide whether to go.

“Can I come?” Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turn their heads to see Chanyeol standing there innocently as he asked the question.

“A-ah sure! I’ll ask Kai if he would like to come too.” Kyungsoo added.

“Kyungsoo sorry I’m not going” Baekhyun stated as he turned back to Kyungsoo, immediately declining after realizing that Chanyeol was tagging along too. 

“Why?!” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol whining behind him. Kyungsoo couldn’t believe Baekhyun’s words either.

“Yeah Baekhyun? Why suddenly a party pooper?” Kyungsoo added.

“I’m not  a party pooper! I just don’t want to go…” Baekhyun exclaimed with a sour face.

“Is it because I’m going?” Chanyeol suddenly added. Baekhyun began to panic at Chanyeol’s sudden declaration.

“W-What do you mea—“

“Okay. I’ll skip then. Go have fun with Kyungsoo, Baek.” Chanyeol said with a less-than-happy smile. Although Baekhyun certainly didn’t have any positive thoughts about the Happy Virus, he did feel bad for making Chanyeol feel despised. Baekhyun stood silent for a moment before speaking again.

“….Ugh! Fine! I’ll go. Chanyeol can come too. And Kai.” he groaned. Chanyeol’s face instantly brightened up after hearing Baekhyun’s decision. Chanyeol was celebrating and clapping his hands like a child in his own little corner as Kyungsoo gave Baek a smug look. Baekhyun could only roll his eyes.

“Alright, I guess its settled then” Kyungsoo said with a small smile.

 

Baekhyun excused himself to the restroom, leaving Kyungsoo and Chanyeol standing there. Kyungsoo slowly walked into the room, closing the door behind him.

“Well, it’s been long seeing each other since high school right? What did you do in the past two years?” Chanyeol asked the latter, trying to start a friendly conversation.

“It was good. Except the fact that I spent half of those two years, trying to comfort my best friend from a harsh rejection from a addict.” Kyungsoo stated. Chanyeol froze and stared at Kyungsoo.

“…Listen, I—“ Chanyeol tried to speak, only to have Kyungsoo cut him off.

“No, you listen. Do you realize how incredibly hurt Baekhyun was after that incident? After that incident, he cried every night for two weeks, confused by your sudden disappearance. He spent his whole year as a college freshman, being depressed about a 4 year long love. I’ve known Baekhyun ever since we were kids and I don’t think I have ever seen him that upset for all of his life.” Kyungsoo said in a low voice, trying to avoid Baekhyun from hearing. “So, if you came back just to play with and hurt him again….I don’t care how big and tall you are….I will personally murder you, Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol sighed as Kyungsoo gave him a deathly glare. Chanyeol sat on his bed in a sloppy way.

“Okay, I didn’t know, alright? I didn’t he would be that upset. It was a long story as of why I suddenly left.” Chanyeol argued.

“Oh, I’m pretty sure you have plenty of reasons regarding your sudden disappearance.” Kyungsoo sarcastically said.

“Whatever. I’ll explain to both you and Baek someday. Right now, isn’t the time. And don’t worry about Baekhyun. I won’t hurt him. I promise.”

Both of them suddenly hear knocking on the door.

“Hey is Kyungsoo in there? I need help from him.”, they hear Kai from outside. Kyungsoo turned back to Chanyeol.

“I have to go. But you better keep those words to heart. I’ll hold you to it.”

Chanyeol shot Kyungsoo his trademark smile with a thumbs-up. “Got you. I’ll see you tonight Kyunggie!”

“Please don’t call me that.” Kyungsoo stated before exiting the dorm.

 

Chanyeol sighed heavily as he laid down on his bed, thinking about what Kyungsoo said. Was Baekhyun really that hurt? Did Baekhyun really love him that much? The thought of Baekhyun crying makes Chanyeol’s chest hurt. Chanyeol closed his eyes and covered his face with both of his hands, whispering to himself, “I’m so ed up.”

“I agree.” Chanyeol opened his eyes to see Baekhyun standing there, outside of the restroom.

“Hi Baek.” Chanyeol simply greeted him with a smile.

“Where’s Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked.

“He had to go help Kai with something.”

“Oh.”

 

Chanyeol sat up and patted the empty spot on his bed next to him, inviting Baekhyun to sit. Baekhyun merely responded by going on his own bed to sit.

“Okay that works too.” Chanyeol spoke

“Whatever.” Baekhyun said in a carefree manner.

“Baekhyun, can I ask you something?”

“As long as it isn’t provocative, , or vulgar in any way, sure.”

“Don’t worry. Anyways, what did you do after realizing I suddenly disappeared two years ago?”

Baekhyun paused for a moment before speaking again, registering Chanyeol’s words in his mind carefully.

“Well….it all started when I woke up in my bed, went to your house, and only having your dad tell me that you went off to a college 4 hours away. Then…I don’t know….I forgot.” Baekhyun mumbled, trying to avoid revealing any further information.

“..Did you get upset?” Chanyeol asked in a low voice.

“Of course! I-I mean…I got upset, yes. But only a little bit. I got over it very quickly.” Baekhyun stated as he looked at the floor. Chanyeol instantly knew that Baekhyun was lying, for the sake of his pride. Chanyeol slowly gave a him a sad smile before speaking.

“I’m sorry.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes shot up to meet Chanyeol’s, seeing sincerity on his face. Baekhyun cleared his throat and stood up.

“Don’t sweat about it. I wasn’t even that upset, so relax. Besides, I don’t even like you anymo-“

Baekhyun was cut off when Chanyeol suddenly stood up and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s neck with his chin on his shoulder. Baekhyun’s eyes widened at Chanyeol’s sudden action with his face turning red.

“I’m really sorry.” Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun’s ear. Baekhyun’s throat began to constrict.

“I-I told you. You’re apologizing over such a small thing. You’re making such a big deal over it. So let go of me.” Baekhyun grunted. Chanyeol responded by hugging him even tighter, causing Baekhyun’s heart to beat faster. Baekhyun never thought his heart would ever beat like this again since his days in high school, loving Chanyeol. Baekhyun’s arm slowly twitched and rose, to return the hug, but Baekhyun quickly dropped his arm back to his side. He knew he didn’t have the bravery to return the hug. He just continued to let Chanyeol hug him. Baekhyun could feel the sincere warmth and comfort radiating from Chanyeol, which he truly needed in those two years of darkness. Ironically, Baekhyun began to recover by the effects of a Virus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyungsoo walked out of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room, only to find Kai’s face right in front of his. Kyungsoo was startled to see how close Kai was and backed away.

“Kyungsoo!” Kai called.

“Yeah?...Did you need help on something?” Kyungsoo asked. Kai merely gave him a grin.

“Nope! I lied. Just wanted to see you.”

Kyungsoo’s face turned slightly pink after hearing Kai’s response.

“W-Well, now that you’re here, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out drinking with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and I….”

“Mmmm okay! Can you really handle your alcohol well though? You don’t seem like the type to, haha!” Kai joked. Kyungsoo scowled, slightly embarrassed.

“Sure I can! I’m not a teenager anymore…” he exclaimed.

“You do look like one though. I mean, you have big eyes, milky skin, and pouty lips. It’s like a baby’s face.”

“Don’t call me a baby!”

“Okay. Do you want me to describe you as cute then?” Kai suggested with a grin. Kyungsoo blushed at Kai’s sudden statement and looked down to the ground.

“W-Whatever…” Kyungsoo mumbled. Kai merely chuckled as he pinched the latter’s cheeks before walking off to their own dorm.

 

Kyungsoo, who is now alone, sighed to himself. He slapped both of his cheeks together multiple times with his hands.

“Kim Jongin. When did you get so flirtatious god dammit.”

-------------------------------------------

A/N: BORING CHAPTER I AM SO SORRY. This is too PG. I need more jhclsdkcalk. Subscribe and comment pwease. They give me motivation ;-;