Started

You are my Oppa

Started

2013, Febuary 10th

SM Entertainment

 

“GUYS! BAEK! SOO!” Chanyeol burst into the room as the two heads instantly swirled up to see what the commotion was about.

“You scared the out of me, doofus! Knock will ya!” Baekhyun placed a hand on his chest, willing his heart to stay strong.

“What is it Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked with wide eyes, curiously looking at the document Chanyeol is currently hastily waving in front of his face. Frustrated with the movements, Kyungsoo snatched the piece of paper off his hand.

“Kim... Hyomi? Who is this?” Kyungsoo read aloud as Baekhyun leaned over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of the female profile.

“Don't know, I found it in Sooman songsaengnim's office. I wanted to show him my new song, but he wasn't there. Instead I found this.” Chanyeol folded his arms smugly.

“Wow, yeah. A profile of a random girl. Really interesting.” Baekhyun yawned sarcastically.

“Inside the EXO projects folder.” Chanyeol added with a smirk.

“I'm listening.”

“You mean the one with all our events and stuff?” Kyungsoo asked with a raised brow.

“Bingo,” Chanyeol winked.

“But, who is she? Doesn't seem like a fangirl.” Kyungsoo examined the profile thoughtfully, scanning through the details with his observant eyes.

“Damn, she's an orphan. Look,” Baekhyun pointed at the 'family' section.

The three boys continued reading through the female profile, getting more and more intrigued by the details of the girl.

“I still don't understand what she has to do with us, I mean no offence, but she looks... depressing...” Kyungsoo tried to find the right words, but there didn't seem to be any other way to describe what he had just read. 

“Maybe it was accidentally placed there-” Baekhyun suggested just as his phone beeped. So did Chanyeol's phone. And followed by Kyungsoo's. The three boys gave each other a confused look, before simultaneously taking out their cell phones, and looking at the exact same message. From their K leader, Junmyeon.

 

[Junmyeon Hyung] : Big news kids! Sooman Songsaengnim just told me that EXO will be doing 'You are my Oppa!' season 2! You know, the one Infinite did? Aren't you guys excited! Wonder who our dongsaeng will be~ Filming starts tomorrow by the way so get ready my babies! -Suho hyung

 

“Um, I think I know why this profile is in our folder now...” Kyungsoo voiced as Baekhyun deadpanned him.

“We all do, doofus.”

"Just saying."

An awkward silence filled the room as the three boys eyed the profile of their potential little sister. Chanyeol purposely coughed to lighten the atmosphere, "Come on, it's going to be fun! Maybe she isn't going to be as depressing as what her profile says!"

Baekhyun groaned, "But for real though, this girl does not look one bit camera ready. Look at those huge glasses on her face." Kyungsoo nodded in agreement.

"Yah, don't say that in her face okay. Girls are sensitive." Chanyeol warned, only to receive two pairs of eyebrows raised at him.

"Yura cried herself to sleep when a guy called her ugly once." Chanyeol balled his fists as he recalled the memory of his beloved elder sister running into the house one day with tears streaming down her face. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exchanged a look, before shrugging.

"...Okay, we won't call Hyomi ugly. Right, Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo nudged the said boy.

"Yeah, I won't call her ugly. But don't expect me to call her beautiful." Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun, to which Baekhyun shrugged.

"What?"

“Anyways,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Should we tell the rest of the members?”

“Aniya,” Chanyeol crinkled his face, “I want their reactions aired on television.”

“So we can mock them for it.” Baekhyun added, raising his hand for a high-five.

“For the rest of their lives.” Chanyeol completed, slapping the raised palm.

Kyungsoo groaned, “Why did I even ask.”

 

 

“Hello, you must be Hyomi,” You gasped aloud, shocked as you felt someone gently tapping your shoulder from the back. You spun around and realised it was a pretty and very humble looking young lady who had tapped you.

“Ah, yes,” You shyly replied, barely audible as you bit your lips. The day had finally come, and you had been standing in front of the SM Entertainment building for a good ten minutes now, awaiting further instructions from the YAMO crew. You did not know what to wear for the first day of the programme, thus deciding to go with your school uniform. It could possibly be the only nice outfit you own. Nonetheless, it was still too loose for you and you couldnt help but feel like a walking disaster compared to the beauty standing in front of you.

“Hi Hyomi! I’m PD Solar! I am the producer in charge of you!” PD Solar gleefully introduced, “You can think of me as your manager for the duration of this programme!”

You politely bowed with a nervous smile, “Ah, n-neh! Please take care of me well,” You stuttered.

“Aigoo, keyopta.” PD Solar grinned, “Is that all you packed?”

You shifted your attention to the small pink lugguage beside you. A little torn, a little tattered, but still able to hold the few belongings you had. You nodded with a small smile.

“That’s all? Are you sure? You’re not going to go home for almost a whole year, maybe even more if the viewer ratings allows it,” PD Solar worriedly observes the miniature lugguage.

“Um, I don’t really have much clothes,” You shrugged. A lie. Truth was you had twice as much clothing, but they were all too unpresentable, thus you decided not to air them to the world. In fact, the clothes you packed were just a tinsy bit better than the ones you left behind, but still awful compared to people like Jiyeon.

But they were all you had, and considering the fact that you’ll probably be in school most of the time, you didn’t think too much about it.

“Okay, that’s fine. That’s fresh,” PD Solar contemplated before nodding, “Cool, I like it.”

You blinked in confusion, “Um, thank you?”

“Anyways!” PD Solar immediately changed the topic with enthusiasm, making you jump a little at her loud voice, “Shall we begin our pre-moving in filming?” 

“Oh, um sure.”

“Great, follow me. We’ll drive and film to save time. The boys should be home already, goodness it’s almost 7pm! Did you wait long? I’m sure you did, sorry had to settle some last minute technical problems. Anyways, when we get to the car, here’s what you need to do. First...” PD Solar talked at the speed of a bullet train as she led you to the black van parked near the building, giving you instructions of introducing yourself to the cameras, but after that just to be yourself throughout the filming process. You grimaced a little at the be yourself part, knowing very well how much you at being... everything a normal teenage girl should be. Chirpy? No. Pretty? Nada. 

Depressing?

Check.

Awkward?

Check. Check. Check.

You internally winced as you thought to yourself just what have you signed up for. PD Solar noticed the tension, and immediately reassured you.

“Trust me, if Director Lee and Director Park chose you out of the thousands of girls who auditioned, you’re something special,” PD Solar patted your shoulder sincerely, and you felt touched by her words. It was the first time someone other than your Aunt called you special, and this unfamiliar action really warmed your heart. 

You gave a small thankful smile as PD Solar added before opening the car door, “Just be yourself. Don’t worry, I’ll guide you! That’s my job afterall. Now get in the car.”

 

 

Two minutes into the drive and you could already feel yourself NOT being yourself. As stiff as a bamboo stick, you awkwardly sat upright with your palms on your lap as you fidgeted with the hem of your skirt. 

“Okay, we’ll begin filming in 3, 2, 1. Go.” PD Solar cued you for your introduction.

You took a deep breath, looked into the huge camera pointed at your face and tried to give the best smile you could muster. 

It has officially begin.

“My name is Kim Hyomi. I am eighteen years old, and I am the younger sister of EXO.”

 

 

A/N:

Is anyone still reading this story oh my. Surprise, I’m alive!

Okay, yes I know I have not updated for thousands of years, and I am sorry!

But as I said, or maybe haven’t said (meh)

This story is used for de-stressing my life ahaha so please expect irregular updates and crappy chapters *jk

Have a great day yeorobun, next chapter EXO-Hyomi interactions will begin har har.

And yes, I am mamamoo trash.

 

/mama mama moooooo/