Chapter 1

What is Love?

 

Cold breeze of air starts to embrace him, only adding up to the empty feeling in his heart. There he is, watching the guy he cherishes more than anything else, walking away from him. Each step the latter takes weakens his soul; his heart beat starts to waver.

The one he loves is now too far. His figure now fades from the distance yet he could still clearly imagine the every features of his face: the black locks that he would caress softly, the pale skin that would shine even in the darkest night, the supple lips that would create the most beautiful smile he ever seen and those exceptional eyes that could see right through his heart.

He then looks at his side, seeing the now empty seat. For a moment he touches it, making him to feel the familiar warmth which is just like him, now slowly fading. It’s cold, lonely yet the love he got for him is the only thing that keeps his heart from freezing.

While staring at the clouds passing by, he couldn’t make himself to stand up. Time goes by yet he’s still there, sitting, waiting, and hoping for him to come back.  He may be stupid, hopeless or pathetic but he doesn’t care because after all…


He’s already use of waiting.
 

--

 

A five year old Donghae holds a handful of crayons while humming as he draws on a piece of paper. He draws a line, curving to make a face and then circles to make those big doe eyes. Then after that he does a hand, fingers kind of distorted while holding a small fluffy ball which is supposed to be a cute puppy. He finishes it by adding the colors then holding it up high, his ego fluttering as he sees his masterpiece.

It may look like an abstract sketch but for him it’s a drawing of a puppy being hold by his owner then the cute little thing him as he welcomes him back. As smug as he is, he proudly waves it toward his classmates, showing how artistic kid he is. But then again, there’ll be always the villain in his perfect life, someone who will always mess with him.

That someone that he’ll will always hate.

 

The said villain snatches his work from him, gaining a loud scream from the other yet he didn’t mind, instead he laughs on how ugly it looks. Even with the insults the other is giving, his confidence doesn’t falter. The proud kid puts his hands on his waist while staring at the other with a smirk—which end up as a cute smile instead.
 

“Liar! You’re just jealous! Hyukjae is jealous!”

“I’m not! You’re not even better than me!”

The taller kid throws the paper to him while sticking his tongue out but the other didn’t waver resulting to another war between them. The West Kingdom—which is the supposed to be wicked kid—starts on his first attack by once again, describing every part of the artwork and even the maker’s faults.

 

“Look at those eyes; it’s big and ugly just like yours!”
 

The emperor of the East Kingdom gritted his teeth, how could that lowlife insult his eyes? For all he knows, it is the most distinct part of him and he’s very proud of it! He could feel his blood boiling, increasing the power of his outburst.

 

“Then you’re an idiot because you couldn’t understand the meaning of my work!”

Now, it’s the ruler of the West Kingdom turn to be angry. He, the smartest student being called as an idiot by this ugly, little and mean brat is so offensive. And what could be meaning of that trash? It’s only a piece of paper with pictures of distorted man and wait, is that puppy?

“Then, can you tell me the meaning of that?”

“You don’t know? It’s love! Isn’t it obvious?”

For a moment, the top student just look at him before laughing his out while the other just glare at him for making fun of his explanation. Since he is right, the puppy would cutely wags its tail and his master soon after his master comes back even if he leaves the poor thing all day and that’s love. He’s still confident though not until the latter talks again.

 

“How could you explain my parents? They both love each other but they’re not puppies.”

“I-I…”

“See? You’re wrong!”

The once self-assured kid now starts to tear up as he hears the other’s words. He really thought he is right because his puppy would also do that to his and he would be very happy but now, his belief is crushed by this baddie; the kid that he will always hate no matter what.

“B-but Siwon told me…”

Siwon? That loser? Why would you trust him?

“Because he’s smart and… nice.”

 

With that, Hyukjae finally lose it. He frowns as he hears the brunette talking about that Siwon kid. The one who’ll always be behind him no matter what but now, this kid prefers that loser from him? There is no way Lee Hyukjae will accept this nonsense.

Because he is the best.


“Then tomorrow! I tell you what love is!”

Donghae quirks an eyebrow—which only make his eyes to widen cutely—as he stares at Hyukjae, asking for confirmation if he heard him right. The latter scoffs at his doubt on him but in reality, he doesn’t really any idea.

“Just shut up and believe in me okay?”

Then that’s when they made a deal Hyukjae isn’t really confident with but when he sees the sparkle on the latter’s eyes, somehow he does feel determined.

 

--

 

The day comes fast with Hyukjae frightened to meet the brunette. As expected, he didn’t know the answer but he did try to find it out. He asks his friends, parents or even their dog because somehow he hopes that they’ll give him clues but all he receives was laughter, weird gazes, and being told that he’s too young for that.

That he’ll know it on his own.

That someone will teach it for him.

But Hyukjae didn’t believe any of them. He doesn’t want to wait because he needs the answer now! Just imagining Donghae laughing at him while he would cling to Siwon, praising him for being better than him can already make him to grit his teeth in anger.

He doesn’t want to go to school, to meet Donghae and to tell his that he’s a failure. He just wants to hide and crawl under his sheet then cry all day long. Why couldn’t he know it? It’s just a simple question yet he couldn’t understand! Why would Siwon know it and not him?


Why it’s so unfair?

 


 

A/N:

LOL end up as a two-shots! Sorry, im sleepy... gonna post the last part tomorrow^^
comments are VERY much appreciated! thanKYU for reading anyway~

--heechan27

 

#Happy27thRyeowook