I know you...

What A Pleasant Surprise

 

[A/N: Finally! After how many weeks! I'm so sorry it came this late! ;~; I tried my best but I was only able to finish now. D: I also apologize in advance if the ending is too cheesy. HAHAHA. I hope it's good enough as an ending. hehehe~ I'm looking at this as they're still kind of young to have a concrete relationship. So maybe we can just have it like this? :p Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting!!! :) They are very much welcome and appreciated! ^^]


 

While Saebyul had successfully launched her acting career with a supporting role she played in a new drama, Jihoon was finally accepted into the agency, Brand New Stardom where he debuted as a member of the new hip hop group, Block B. The two stayed in contact, but usually have a hard time finding a chance to meet each other and catch up with each other.

 

Block B was much busier the last couple of months as they were preparing for their new album. They’ve had schedule after schedule, giving them such little time for sleep. No matter how tired Jihoon was, he tried his best to at least send a text message to Saebyul, asking how her day went. If time permitted, he would call her up just like before, to check if Saebyul was still doing okay.

 

In the middle of Block B’s photo shoot for their album jacket, their music video’s producer came with Cho PD to talk to the boys about their video. They were told that a female actress would be in their music video with them. The members of Block B were curious about their female co-actress. When they saw the producer with Cho PD visit the studio, they had a feeling that it had something to do about their mysterious co-actress.

 

“Okay, boys, we were able to find time for you guys to meet your co-actress before we start filming. Just at least to get a little familiar before we actually start. She’s on her way; her manager said that they’ll get here soon.” The producer said.

 

While waiting, some members took the opportunity to get at least a few minutes of rest. The members weren’t able to rest for long as their guest had already arrived. The members of Block B heard small clinks on the floor, getting a little louder by the second.

 

Jihoon stared at the screen of his phone, not minding the clinking sounds their lead actress made as she walked towards the group. He only decided to look up when the sounds stopped, and when he heard the producer and Cho PD greet her.

 

It was much to Jihoon’s surprise when he saw a familiar figure as he looked up from the screen of his cellphone. It took a few seconds for Jihoon to fully believe who was in front of him. He slowly stood up, and a surprised smile suddenly painting his face. “Hey, I know you.” He mused.

 

Block B’s guest smiled and crossed her arms. “Is that what you say to someone you haven’t seen in a long time?” Saebyul asked in a joking tone. Both the producer and Cho PD were surprised that Jihoon knew who they had hired to be their female lead.

 

“So the two of you know each other?” Cho PD asked. The other members of Block B started teasing Jihoon, asking why their maknae never told his hyungs that he had a girlfriend. “She isn’t my girlfriend!” Jihoon defended. “We used to live in the same area and we’ve known each other for a long time.” He added.

 

Saebyul bowed politely to the members of Block B, Cho PD, and the music video producer. “Annyeonghasseyo, I’m Park Saebyul. It’s nice to meet you all.” She said. The members of Block B greeted her warmly, while still keeping their smug faces on. “So Saebyul-sshi,” the producer said, getting to business. “The truth is, there isn’t much acting for the MV, but there’s a considerable amount of looking pretty.

 

“The reason we got you is because you’re just around the members age, so we hope that it won’t be that difficult for all of you. And besides, we’ve seen your last few projects, and we’ve really taken interest in getting you for this role.” Saebyul smiled at the compliment coming from the producer, thinking that all of her hard work has somehow given her rewards already.

 

Saebyul and Block B were told that the producer and Cho PD had other things to accomplish at the office. Saebyul was called to the studio to get some promotional shots done with the boys to be released as teasers. While Saebyul was getting her hair and make-up done, some members of Block B were so curious about her that they had already started talking to her.

 

“So are you really not Jihoon’s girlfriend?” Yukwon asked. Saebyul laughed at their childish curiosity and before she could answer, she heard Jihoon’s voice from a distance. “Yah! Stop asking about it! I already told you guys!!!” Jihoon yelled.

 

“But Jihoonie said you guys kissed before.” Taeil said out of the blue. Saebyul’s eyes widened and turned her back to look at Jihoon. “YOU TOLD THEM WHAT?!” Saebyul yelled. Jihoon reluctantly approached Saebyul and wore an apologetic look on his face. “Well they asked so many things while you were changing and they wouldn’t stop and they were threatening me with finger flicks.” Jihoon reasoned.

 

Saebyul turned around in her seat again to face the other members who were watching the two. “… But we haven’t exactly dated since I had to leave after that happened.” Saebyul clarified. The members still kept their smug faces as they looked at both Saebyul and Jihoon. They said they believed the two, but their faces seemed to say otherwise.

 

The photo shoot lasted for a few hours, since they had already started with the individual shots of the members before Saebyul came. As Saebyul prepared her things to go, Jihoon came up to her, hesitant as always. “Byul-ah.” Jihoon called softly.

 

Saebyul looked up from her bag and smiled at Jihoon. “Well I haven’t heard that in a while.” She said. Jihoon laughed and walked with Saebyul to accompany her to the studio’s exit. “So you knew you’d be working with us all along?” Jihoon asked to which Saebyul nodded.

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” Curiosity overcame Jihoon’s voice. Saebyul smiled as she reached the studio’s doorstep. “I just wanted to surprise you.” She said with a soft smile. Before Saebyul stepped out of the studio, Jihoon grabbed her hand. “Wait,” he said.

 

Jihoon took a moment to think about what he wanted to say. “If you have time, why don’t we…” Jihoon’s voice trailed off in hesitation. “Why don’t we meet up some time? I’ll cook again if you want to.” He offered.

 

Saebyul laughed, and walked towards Jihoon, giving him a tight hug. “I’d love to. It was nice seeing you today, Jihoon-ah. I’ll see you again soon.” Saebyul answered. Before Saebyul let go of Jihoon, the latter managed to whisper something into Saebyul’s ear that made her smile brightly at him before they went their separate ways.

 

“You look beautiful as always, Byul-ah.”