Promise

Dear Diary

Eli looked at Eunhye and smiled as they walked hand in hand down the street, "Sorry about my mum just then." Eunhye shook her head, "It's okay."

"Are you hungry? Let's go get you some food," he said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and brought her into a cosy deserts cafe name Desert House, "Only store opened at this time."

Eunhye giggled, "Gwenchana, oppa. I want icecream anyway." They went inside and ordered the food. Eli laced his fingers through Eunhye's and drew circles on her hand with his thumb.

The Korean owner of the store came over holding a tray of icecream, "Aigoo, such a cute young couple." Eli and Eunhye looked at each other and smiled. They ate the icecream and just like any cliche drama, Eli wiped the icecream on Eunhye's lips. Then, Eli leaned in and kissed her.

"You're the best girlfriend a guy could ever have," Eli mumbled into her lips with a smile. Eunhye smiled back. They heard someone clearing their throat. Looking up, they saw the owner with a big, admiring smile on her face. "Aw, so cuuute!" she cooed.

Their cheeks took the colour of the strawberry icecream. "Ah-Ahjumma!" Eunhye stuttered, embarrassed,

The ahjumma put down markers and a sticky note pad, "Write a cute message like all these other couples." They looked around and saw the sticky-note-covered walls and ceiling.

Eli grabbed a marker and wrote a message on the sticky note. Then, he passed the pad to his girlfriend. After Eunhye finished writing, they smiled at each other and stuck the notes next to each other on the wall.

Eli paid with his credit card. "Thank you," the ahjumma said, "Come again, I'll give you free icecream." She winked at them. They left the store and Eli walked Eunhye back to her house.

Eunhye nudged Eli's nose with hers. "You'll never turn gay and leave me behind right?" she joked.

"Of course not, we made that sticky note promise," Eli smiled as he gave her a goodbye kiss.

 

Eli's message: 'I promise to love Eunhye forever and ever and ever. She's never going to escape my heart ;)"

Eunhye's message: "I promise to love Eli forever. He's the only one I'll ever love <3"