New Kid on the Block

Dear Diary

Kevin stayed at home for a whole week. He didn't want to eat, he didn't want to go out. All he wanted was Janice. Kevin's mum started to get a bit worried too. She never thought that Janice would stay with him for long and she had even told Kevin. But he never believed her.

The next morning, Kevin's mum pulled him out of bed. "Let me sleep," Kevin whined. He landed on the floor and his mum sighed.

"Honey, you have to go to school. Come on, your dad and I are getting a bit worried," she said.

"But I don't want to," Kevin said. His mum ignored him though and pushed him into the bathroom. "Get changed, okay? Please, you won't want your mother to die from worrying about you right?"

Kevin looked at his mum's eyes. She looked worried and tired. Kevin sighed and went into the bathroom, closing the door.

An hour later, he was at school in his neat ironed uniform. The day was like any school day for Kevin. Guys threw paper balls at him and girls giggled at how cute he was. The bell went, signalling time for school to start.

Kevin dragged himself up the stairs and into his classroom. His eyes widened when he saw someone sitting in his seat. "H-Hey. You're in my seat," he stammered. The guy looked away from the girl behind him who he was flirting with and turned to look at Kevin. He gasped as he recognised him.

"Aren't you... the guy who saved me?" Kevin looked at him curiously. The guy smiled, "Yo. Nice to meet you. Name's Eli." He held up a fist and moved it towards Kevin.

Kevin yelped and held his folder up for defense. He heard guys laugh. "Bro, Kevin doesn't know this kinda stuff," Dongho said as he came in and put an arm around Kevin's shoulder. He lowered his folder and peered at Eli. The guys following Dongho burst into laughter.

"He's the ultimate girl in our class," Dongho laughed as he bumped his fist into Eli's. He fell into the chair next to Eli and looked up at Kevin. "Why are you here?" He signalled him to move, "Annyeong."

Just then the teacher came into the room. "M-Mrs. Candi. My seat..." Mrs. Candi looked up with a warm smile, "Hello dear. Where have you been all week? Anyway, this is Elison Kim. He just migrated from America. I'm so sorry about your seat but he seemed to get along well with Dongho so..." Dongho saluted Kevin and smirked.

Kevin sighed as he sat in his new seat. Mrs. Candi started the lesson and wrote 'Romeo & Juliet' on the board. He pulled out his diary. On a new page, he wrote in neat writing...

Dear Diary,

There's a new kid on the block, Elison Kim (eli, apparently...) He's pretty good looking. Hot, cool, awesome... the type of guy any girl would fall for. Any girl like... Janice...