Chap 01

What Are You ?

1 Beginning

 


 

"Got everything you need there ?" Jasper asked Mia by phone. She had just arrived at Incheon International Airport 5 minutes ago and now she's searching for a cab. "No worries".
Jasper is her coworker, He is a considerate person. He is very tall, brown-haired american guy and he have brown eyes as well. He's 23 but doesn't have a problem at all knowing that his co-worker is a highschooler girl. Of course, Mia is a sportive, intelligent and a quiet girl.

He wanted to acompany her to Korea, despite his ability to talk in Korean. Mia refused because she doesn't like people to follow her everywhere she goes. Jasper only there when they're in office, not nature or stuff. So yeah, Jasper didn't want to contend so he gave in. But he have to admit it, he's now worry about her because he knows that her ability to talk in korean keep decreasing.

"You sure? no dictionary or something in your hand?" He teased. Mia saw a cab driving towards her from distance, she quickly grabbed her stuffs+Lulu and walk to the sidewalk. "not funny jez. I'd practice korean last night and I'm sure i'm ready to use it" Mia raised her eyebrow and smirk.

She finally got a cab and now she's inside it. "to the east" she told the driver. The driver nodded and step on the gas. "I've rent you a house in a complex and you can live there with Lulu. Make sure he won't starve to death" Jasper joked. Mia took a glance at Lulu beside her and she grinned. 

"if he die, I bet it's your fault because I think he miss you so much" Mia shot back. Jasper softened and continue working on his paper. Mia rubbed Lulu's head and it seems that he liked it very much. "Haha, you little little joky girl.. by the way bye, I have work to finish. Take care, don't get trouble and.. Be safe. I'll miss you so much" Jasper grinned secretly to the phone.

"Bye. yeah. Don't worry and, you know that you can always talk to me or chat." Then they said the final goodbyes and they hang up. Mia looked out of the window, it seems that Korea is in Autumn season. Mia likes autumn and spring seasons because is it a great season to hike and exploring. 

Mia got bored and she took out her History book. but, she changed her mind. She put it back and search for diffrent books. She search for novels in her purse. Yeah, she took out her fantasy novel about Vampires, Witches, Fairies, Elfs and Wolfs. Lulu noticed the book that she took and Lulu gave her a are-you-kidding-me look by moving his head to the right.

"I know right?" Mia giggled. "I know it's crazy but don't tell me that I have to read 'real-wolrd' books always". Lulu nudge Mia with his head and crash his dog chin to his paws.

 

~

 

2 hours passed but Mia still reading that fantasy world novel. She becaming attached to that book and a sudden interest appeard in herself for wolfs and vampires. She knows that it's crazy but Who cares? you have hobby and I have mine.

She decided to take a rest for her eyes and look anywhere beside the book. She glance at Lulu who is in a deep slumber under her hand, then she look out of the cab's window. It seems that they'll be arrived in no time. She checked her milky-pink phone and shocked, she got 7 unseen messages and 1 missed-call. It was all Jasper.

*Oh god, I'm too busy reading that stupid book* Mia regret and quickly call him back "Hello this is Jez, leave message after this weird sound. but seriously it's very weird" Mia quickly hang up and cursed underneath her breath. She decided to just send a sorry message.

"excuse me miss, where are you heading?" The driver asked in korean. It made Mia to think for a while to undersatnd it. She quickly search for the house's address in Jasper's messages. When she found it, she make the driver read what is in her phone. "okay, we'll be there in 5 minutes" the ajjushi beamed in korean, of course it also made her to think for a while to understand.

5 minutes passed and Mia is excited to visit her new temporary home and school. It's 6 pm but it's getting cold already. She took out her hoodie from her purse and wear it neatly. She packed everything and get Lulu up.

The cab stopped, Mia grabbed all of her things including Lulu out of the cab. Her ached but she didn't mind it at all. the driver help mia to take out her suitcase, then Mia thanked him and gave him the fee. Mia look for her house. She checked in her phone what it's look like and ta dah, She found it. 

The house seems nice and comfy. There's a fenced-woods across her house. Then, it'll make her easy to find the ancient relics that the proffesors was looking for. And, she just can't believe that she's the one who was given this task. She knows that she's the only korean in the organization but she thinks that it's not the reason they chose her to do this. First she refused it but then they offer her a big price so she accepted it. 

She thought it wasn't that hard since she is a senior and plus she can speak korean.
The complex was too quiet. She got scared at first but she tried to manage her guts and insert the key to the hole of her house. She also wonder what would the neighbours be like, arrogant? nice? funny? annoying?. Urgh, but actually she doesn't really care.

When she entered the house, she was amazed because the funitures and stuff were all already placed tidily. She smiled in satisfied and heading upstairs to the main bedroom.

she open it and smile appeared on her face. It's a not a big house and complex but it's comfortable. Suddenly her phone rang and she pick it up, it was Jasper. He complain about the missed call and message but Mia told him the truth and he kinda laugh about it. "hahaha seriously ? okay I have to hang up. close all of your windows or else the werewolves come in and they'll eat you" He burst out laughing. "stop it" Mia rolled her eyes. "bye, I'll took a bath then eat dinner then i'll text you." Mia let him know "yeah, you better be". They hung up and Mia get ready to for a warm shower.

 

 

~

 

Mia was waken up by the sunshine that shine bright through the windows. She look at her phone and she jumped in shock, it's 6:30 am. She's late for school. 

She quickly took a shower, brush her teeth and stuff. then cook her breakfast and Lulu's. She even purposly missed Jasper's calls. After she finished her breakfast, she grabed her things "be nice lulu.. play with the ball okay when you get bored" she smile to him and drove to the school with her new modern car in the garage. She thought that Jasper had everything prepared for her and she's thankfull to him.

 

She finally arrived at the Seoul-East high school. She didn't forgot to bring her Nikon camera and her stuff in her purse. This time her phone ring once again and she picked it up, it was Jasper. She said sorry to him and told him everything when she lock her car and walk into the school's hallway.

And of course, the school was smaller than her school in States. She look around for the office but everyone were eyeing her, because she's the one who's not wearing the school's uniform. She got annoyed and walk faster untill she bumped some guy. she fall and her iPad fall instead from her grasp. The boy shocked and quickly grabbed the iPad and give it to Mia immeadiately.

"Mianhamnida, I didn't mean to do that" He apologized with a deer's eyes. He's pretty tall, hair is red, cute looking face. "It's okay" Mia replied in english, she just relize it "I mean, gwenchanna" she said in korean. Mia made her way to the office, but she didn't know exactly actually. 

"Are you that Archaeologist? Jung Mia?" the boy asked her from her back. Mia stopped *Am I that famous?* "ndeh." The boy smiled to her and walk towards her. "It's an honour to meet you. My name's Luhan" He offered his hand. Mia shook it hasitately. "h-how'd you know me?" 

"I'm an archaeology maniac, of course i know some archaeologists. and you appeard on Tvs often, how come I don't know who you are?" Luhan gave her his eyesmiles. "oh, i see" Mia let go of his hand and walk to the office. 

"Are you lost?" Luhan asked from her back. Mia look at him and shook her head. "I think you're lost. let me help you" Mia have no choice.

"you're a korean right? but i see that your korean isn't good" Luhan said bluntly. "e-excuse me?" Mia disgusts. "learn more will ya?" he said proudly. *whoamygod he is annoying alright* "why shoud I? your korean accent isn't good either, it's like you're not from korea". "I'm not" Mia schoked. "pardon?" . "I came here with my 6 friends, knows as Exo-M, yeah, we're pretty popular in the school" Luhan said proudly.

"hmm, as you know.. I don't really want to know" Mia gave him an annoying smile. "yah! don't walk away from me!" He shouted. "I'm sure you'll get lost" he whispered and giggle, but it's loud enough for Mia to hear. "I can ask anyone but you!" Mia fought back and walk away.

"they won't. You're already popular and unpopular students are afraid to talk with the populars." Luhan fold his arms and smile in satisfied. "what makes you think that i'm popular?" again she's disgusted. "Like helloo? I know because I'm popular. second, You're Jung Mia. third, You're pretty and you drive a sport car" He said that.Unbelieveable.

If Mia knows that it'll be like this when she drove a sport car to school, she would wait at the bus stop and go with bus. "Okay then, if i'm popular, I'll talk to the populars." She again tried to walk but she stopped when he said "they won't" Mia turn back to him "WHAT ELSE!?" Luhan giggled "because I'm not allowing them".  "You're annoying, I'm leaving" This time Mia make herself clear and she didn't care about the deerboy's words.

After she walk far enough from him, Luhan shocked because the Exo are walking towards her. Luhan knows that she didn't really care but he's afraid of something.

Baekhyun saw a girl walking towards them *wow is she a new student?* Baekhyun was thinking about her until the stopped infront of her. "excuse me, I'-" When Mia's about to ask to make a way for her to walk, a y-looking boy block her. "are you a new student?" he asked her. "how'd you kn-" then she relize what she's wearing. "oh, yeah. Co-could one of you show me where the office is ?" Mia ask them innocently. "sure, i'll help you" the other guy said. "My name's Baekhyun by the way" then each of them introduces their names. "oh, so you guys are Exo. I bet.." Mia checked at her back if Luhan was still standing or not "That Luhan boy is one of your member. He's very annoying" Mia joked.

"hahaha okay. Let's get you to the office" Baekhyun said. They walk sidebyside to the office.
Luhan quickly approach the Exo while Baekhyun and Mia was heading to the office. "is she going to the office with baekhyun?" Luhan asked Exo "yeah" Lay said. "she said you're annoying" D.O said and they all burst out laughing. "yah ! but can't you tell? she's in love with me" Luhan pinched Kyungsoo's cheek annoyingly. Kyungsoo shoo his hand away.

 

Mia and Baekhyun are chatting to the office. But Mia's not focusing on what they're talking about. She keeps thinking about that Sehun guy. he looked at her like he wanted to murder her or something like that. Mia can tell that he never took his eyes off of her. And it's creeping the hell out of her.

 

 

 

 


 

#Author'sNote if you guys are curious what's Jasper's looks like .. here ^^

I know it's Brandon but he fits Jasper's facial fact ^^ annyeong, hope you like the first chap ^^ and oh yeah, please subscribe ^^