Chapter 8 "Taking Chances"

I Can't Wait Forever

He was still holding me against his chest. I could feel his heartbeat, just beating away. In my thoughts, I can't remember when I use to feel safe in someone's arm. For once I putted both of our differences aside, but I knew when to draw the line. I push Jaebeom away gently not wanting him to feel my body heat up. As I pulled away slowly, his grip hang onto me tighter.

"Just a little longer" He whisper into my ears. "Just a little longer, I want to stay like this.."

I felt my face flush, but he couldn't tell. I now push him with more force giving myself a jump. He must've felt my urge of getting away from him.

"No..it's cold now, I should really get going" I responded flatly. "You should go back to your party." with that I headed home. It was dark now, the light started to die out as I walked down that streets, I remember his shadow standing there watching me walk away.

Nicole awoken to the smell of fresh eggs and coffee. She rubbed her tired eyes and to her surprise she was laying on the sofa.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Mrs.Jung flatly question Nicole.

"Umma,can we not talk about it?" Nicole sat down to her breakfast."I was out with SeungYeon."

"Well, you should tell me next time" Mrs.Jung started the dishes.

"Umma whats today?" Nicole talked with her mouthful

"Monday..." Mrs.Jung paused from where she was standing, as she turn around Nicole was already upstairs yelling at herself.

"Omg Omg Omg. I'm late for School ! I have a test today!!" Nicole threw a fit. "Umma why didn't you wake me up earlier!!" Nicole yelled from up top.

"Yah! Is it my fault you go party late on a Sunday night?"

Nicole ran downstairs grab her bag and headed out the door. The morning breeze brush against Nicoles pale white face. As she got on the street, from afar she could see Taecyeon waiting patiently. Nicole flatten her crease skirt not wanting Taecyeon to give back any negative compliments.

"Who are you waiting for" As Nicole approached Taecyeon. "Aren't you a bit early today?"

"Well," Taecyeon stood up quickly straighten himself up "I..I came to pick you up, but you weren't up yet"

"Hurry or we'll both be late" Nicole grab Taecyeon's arm, and pulled Taecyeon with her as they both walked down the street together. Nicole and Taecyeon enter the school gate and all eyes beamed at them."Why's everyone looking at us?" Nicole quietly asked Taecyeon.

"Maybe, because of yesterdays problem" He boldly replied back to Nicole "Don't worry" Taecyeon slowly pulled away from Nicole. "I needed to talk to you but then...I guess right now is not a good time too" the bell gave out a loud sound and students rushed to class. Nicole felt her face burning, as Taecyeon started his way ahead of Nicole."Are you coming?" Taecyeon glance back at Nicole.

"Oh yeah, I'll be right behind you" Nicole stutter.
As Nicole and Taecyeon enter the classroom all eyes stared directly at Nicole, who was walking behind Taecyeon. Nicole quickly went to her seat which was in front of Jaebeom who was resting his head on the desk. Nicole sat down, pull out her notebook and wrote down her agenda.

"Yah, look at her, I wonder how SeungYeon feels ?" a girl whisper to her friend.
SeungYeon stare back at Nicole who gave SeungYeon a small smile. SeungYeon bit her lip and turn around to face the board again. Nicole's awkward smile turned to a frown. The rest of the day was silent. Nicole sat with Hara who was finally out for lunch once during the school year.

"Hey so I heard" Hara took a small bite of her sandwich.

"Heard what?" Nicole shove her rice ball towards "If it's everyone talking about me and SeungYeon then.."

"Yup" Hara interrupted Nicole "I heard that you took Jaebeom away from her?"

"It's not even like that" Nicole threw the rest of her lunch on the table "I don't get it.." Nicole angrily hissed "What does everyone expect me to do? Know one ever cared about what I did until..." Nicole stop herself from finishing her word.

"From what?" Hara insist Nicole to finish her line. Nicole stare across the yard to where Jaebeom stood standing next to SeungYeon

"Until, he came..." Nicole turn to look at Taecyeon who was on the other side, staring back at her. She gave him the usual smile, and then turn away facing Hara who was wiping away the crumbs on her face."Hara do you think it was wrong of me to not had said anything?"

The bell rung, students dashing and procession to get back to class, Hara wave by to Nicole and headed off. Nicole grab her bag and went her way. Taecyeon came behind Nicole and grab her hands.

"What.." Nicole surprisingly stare at Taecyeon.

"Come here" Taecyeon drag Nicole to the back of the school.

"Oppa. We're both going to be late if" Nicole pulled away from Taecyeon.

"Nicole." Taecyeon held onto her hands tighter.

"Taecyeon-ah" Nicole stare right into his eyes."I have to go, can't we talk later?"

"No..."

"Well I'll leave then" Nicole pulled her hands out of Taecyeons hand, she walked past and suddenly she felt a hand grabbing onto her shoulder. She felt herself turning, lip locks with Taecyeons. Nicole pull away, but the strength of Taecyeon holding her tightly against him, she couldn't break free from it. Nicole felt herself flush, Taecyeon held onto Nicole tighter her lips was still lock onto his. Nicole then finally jerk herself away from him. She wipe her lips and stare coldly towards Taecyeon who was looking at her.

"Taecyeon..." Nicole seemed dumbfounded yet pissed off "I..I can't even look at you right now, what's going on with you" Nicole pick up her bags that fallen to the ground "I'll see you in class.." Nicole got up and quickly headed off to class.

At the end of the day, Nicole walked home speechless, confuse, and miserable. Jaebeom spotted as Nicole walked out the gate, he ran towards her. Nicole kept walking without hesitance.

"Hey" Jaebeom walking next to Nicole "Are you okay" Jaebeom became more serious in his tone.

"I'm..I'm fine" Nicole flatly stated without turning to face Jaebeom.

"What happen?" Jaebeom kept going at it.

"Nothing"

"Well, I wanted to talk to you" Jaebeom stretch his hands in the air. Nicole slowly stare up towards Jaebeom.

"What is it then?"

"Well," Jaebeom nervously said "Ummm...are you interested on going on a date with me this weekend?" Nicole stop walking, and stare right at Jaebeom who kept walking."Well, I umm.."Jaebeom stutter and turn to Nicole to find her looking at him from behind."Oh I'm sorry I..Um I didn't know that you."

"This weekends great." Nicole quickly replied back.

"Great" Jaebeom walked back towards Nicole "I'll meet up with you at the coffee shop across from school?"

"Yeah" Nicole smiled.

"You don't mind if I walk you home right?"

"Don't you have practice?" Nicole question him.

"If I'm with you then no." Jaebeom joke around with Nicole.

"Then no" Nicole felt her face flush.

"I was just kidding," Jaebeom suddenly grab for Nicole's hand and drag her."Do you feel safer now?"

"No..." Nicole gave a small giggle. Deep inside Nicole, she felt her heart beating faster and faster, like Jaebeom's the night she heard his heartbeat.

"I think you should tell me where you live so that I don't get you lost" Jaebeom told Nicole.

Nicole enter her house. She felt the warmth that it always brought her. The phone rung and she quickly went to answer it.

"Hello"

"Hey Nicole it's me"

"Oh hey."

"Can we talk?" Nicole stood listening as the person on the other line spoke.

"Yeah, it's...it's fine" With that Nicole hung up the phone and headed upstairs.

"Next week is graduation" Nicole whisper in her thoughts."I wish I knew...I really wish I knew" Nicole enter her bedroom sat down on her bed "Sometimes taking a Chance means risking it all" Nicole lay on her bed eyes close, and silent.