Chapter 9 "The Beginning of an Ending"

I Can't Wait Forever

Chapter 9 "The Beginning of an Ending"

 

"Next week is graduation" Nicole whisper in her thoughts."I wish I knew...I really wish I knew" Nicole enter her bedroom sat down on her bed "Sometimes taking a Chance means risking it all" Nicole lay on her bed eyes close, and silent.

"Nicole" a knock at Nicole's bedroom door shook her from her thoughts."Can I come in?"

"Yeah" Nicole sat up on her bed, recognizing the voice belonging to her mom. Mrs.Jung open the door silently as she enter the room.

"Your papers came in today" as she walked towards Nicole who was now rubbing her eyes."I don't know what to say" Mrs. Jung handed Nicole the letter, and stare as Nicole didn't hesitate to laid one finger on the envelope.

"Mom..." Nicole quietly spoke."I don't think I want to go after all."

"What do you mean you don't want to go after all?" Mrs.Jung sat beside Nicole. "You talked about going overseas for years now. Whats holding you back...is it me? Are you afraid that I can't take care of myself?" Her voice started to falter as the words came out one by one.

"Mom it's not that, its just..." Nicole felt her heart racing to the thought of Jaebeom's name. "I thought it was best if I stayed here in Seoul, after all it's only fashion that I'm majoring in. It's not worth the money to go overseas." Nicole grabbed the envelope and threw it at her desk. "Well...if that's all you came up here to tell me then I'm settle. I have a lot of homework. Can you leave me alone?"

"Honey but..." Mrs. Jung saw the look on Nicole's face. "...I'll leave then." With that she left Nicole's room silently just the way she had came in.

"I have so much to tell you" Nicole mutter to herself. Nicole reached for her phone. Dialed the number and waited. "Hi this is Nicole Jung, and I'm an incoming Freshman in your school. I would appreciated it if you guys well drop me from your list."

"We will gladly take this into consideration. Is there a reason for you dropping out?" The woman politely question Nicole.

"No..." Nicole flatly replied. "I prefer staying close to home"

"Oh, well I just read your profile everything is good. I see you are from oversea and I understand that you want to stay close to home, is there any money issue?" The woman question. She added, "We have programs and grants that you are highly qualified for, I can fax you the documents if you like."

"No, there's no money issue. Thank you for the information, but I've already decided that I'll stay close to home" Nicole reciprocated.

"Are you sure, this is what you want?" the women paused. Then added, "It's such a loss to lose a student like you."

"I'm really sorry if I caused you any trouble" Nicole apologized

"Its fine, I'll just take you off the list and you'll be set." The woman politely replied. "Is there anything else?"

"No that's all, thank you for your time."

"Thank you, and good luck" Nicole click and threw herself back on her bed.

The morning wind rush pass against her bedroom window. Her alarm rang and she felt herself tossing and turning in bed. Nicole could smell the fresh cooked eggs coming from downstairs. It was Thursday morning. Nicole sat up rubbing her eyes. Got up and headed for the bathroom. After a couple minutes she was out with her hair tied back, and in her closet for her uniform. She raced downstairs.

"Mom." Nicole yelled as she came running downstairs. "Mom." She gave another yell. As Nicole reach the bottom of the stairs from her angle she could see SeungYeon sitting next to her mother. She push the small piece of her hair back and headed towards both of them. "Hey SeungYeon-Ah...you're here today." Nicole gave out a dubious look towards SeungYeon.

"Yeah," SeungYeon looked up at Nicole with a smile on her face. "I was just passing by, so I decided to stop by since I haven't seen your mom for a while now."

"Hurry and come eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Mrs. Jung gesture Nicole towards her seat.

************************

After breakfast SeungYeon and Nicole headed off to school.

"Bye mom." Nicole yelled before closing the door behind her.

"Thank you again." SeungYeon bowed towards Mrs. Jung and with that both girls headed to school.

"You're not driving to school today?" Nicole question uncertainly.

"No." SeungYeon flatly replied.

Both girls could feel the awkwardness between one another. At the end of the block Taecyeon was waiting like usual.

"Oh.." SeungYeon nudge Nicole who was walking one step ahead of her. "Isn't that Taecyeon Oppa?" Nicoles stare went directly to where he was standing. Taecyeon notice both girl looking at him. He decided to move towards them both. "Hello Oppa" SeungYeon smiled as Taecyeon approached.

"Hello SeungYeon." Taecyeon return the smile then stare right at Nicole who was looking right pass him. "Nicole."

"I think we should hurry before we're late to school." Nicole started walking.
The walk was quiet and awkward most certainly. As the three approach the front of the school, students chattering grew louder and louder. "I'm heading to the dance room, if you two don't mind" Nicole pulled her bag tighter around her shoulders.

"Nicole, actually...I wanted to talk to you and Taecyeon first" SeungYeon grab for Nicoles hands "It's urgent" giving the Nicole the eyes, she knew SeungYeon was in something deep. The three stared at one another, and went to the back of the school.

"So what is it?" Nicole sat on the bleachers, while Taecyeon sat next to Nicole.

"Well...I know it's been weird" SeungYeon started off "and I know that you feel uneasy Nicole, and"

"Do you guys really need to talk about this?" SeungYeon who was standing, slowly turned her head back, to find some of the cheerleaders standing behind her. Nicole and Taecyeon stood up from where they were seated. "Like SeungYeon we all know that you and Jaebeom like each other until this wrench came along" one of them laughed "then all of a sudden you start to have feelings for Taecyeon," another spoke "we all are getting tired of you, you just think you can get any guys that you want," one of them step up to SeungYeon.

"What do you guys want?" SeungYeon angrily question them.

"You really forgot about our deal right?" The girls question SeungYeon "Oh yeah if you don't I'll refresh your memories for you"

"Yahh.." SeungYeon interrupted.

"Whats going on here?" Nicole grab SeungYeons arm

"Ohh, so SeungYeon havent' told you..." the girls start to look at one another "Remember that night, when you were so call kidnapped"

"You're really pushing my button" SeungYeon clench her fist.

"It was.." SeungYeon push the girl, making her stumble back, she gaze at SeungYeon who was already pissed off "Haa.." the girl gave a small laugh "So much for bestfriend,"

"I said get out of here!" SeungYeon raised her voice. Walking toward the girls. Nicole followed behind as Taecyeon did the same thing.

"SeungYeon-Ah, it's not worth it" Nicole grab SeungYeon from behind the waist, just let them go. As the girls were taking there leave, and Nicole calmed SeungYeon down, she gave out one last shout.

"It was SeungYeon who told those boys to do that too you!" the girl yelled, and gave a smirk laugh as they left. Nicole could feel her body frozen stone-cold, as she was still holding onto SeungYeon who now, eyes widen, and guilt cover her face. Taecyeon stop behind them, with confusion written on his face.

"You....You"

"Nicole I..I can explain" SeungYeon turned her body to face Nicole face to face.

************************

Throughout the day, Nicole was silent, she dare not look at SeungYeon's way. Taecyeon hardly spoke, SeungYeon felt guilt. The last bell rung, students rush out of there classroom, flooding the hallways trying to get home. Nicole stood to find SeungYeon still packing. She lower her head down, and headed out of class. As she got out towards the main gate, she spotted Jaebeom waiting. She took a breath in and walked towards him.

"Hey" Jaebeom smiled at Nicole "I bet you're..." Nicole just quickly pass by him without a smile or bye "Hey!" Jaebeom followed Nicole out "are you okay?" Jaebeom who was now walking next to Nicole "Did something happen? Are you mad that I didn't come to school today?" he jokingly spoke those words. Nicole stop, and stare down to her feet. "Yahh, are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Nicole stared up towards Jaebeom "Does it seem like I was waiting too see you at school? Does it seem like I care for you that...that I get mad because you don't show up?!" Her face turned red, her eyes becoming watery at every word that came out of . "I..I thought just maybe, just maybe I was wrong about you the first time that I met you. That you weren't the total JOCK that I thought you were. I thought...I just thought" she stumble on her words "I actually thought maybe, maybe it was okay if you were the one that I opened up too. If you were the one to heal this hurt inside of me, If it was okay that it was you, that I let into my heart. Until today, I realize...that would've been the biggest mistake in my life." Tears fell slowly one by one "Lets not see each other anymore. Lets cancel our first date. Lets forget about that night. Lets...lets go back to the days when I would see you from just a distance, and you who was always the cool guy who never looked my way." Nicole slowly took a step forward toward the road she was walking towards.

"I don't understand?" Jaebeom quickly grabbed for Nicoles hands. "Why are you telling me this? Why are you acting like this? What have I done wrong?" Nicole push away Jaebeoms hands "Why are you suddenly shutting me out of your life? I.." Jaebeom felt himself stumble back "I thought, I thought that you had the same feelings that I had for you..."

"What I'm trying to say is..." Nicole bit her lips, wishing the words didn't come out " is that, let's both not start a beginning just to see it end."