2/2

The last straw

DONGHAES POV

You just couldn’t get into it. The rest of the members were trying to cheer you up before the filming, but nothing seemed to be working. You felt terrible. You had been promising her that you would be there for months now. It was an important day and last minute your company wanted you to film this since you would already be in China. It still hurt. It hurt to call her and it hurt to let her down. You loved her so much and you knew she wasn’t mad, even though she didn’t tell you that she loved you, you knew it was because she was trying to hold in the tears that you couldn’t.  

But you couldn’t leave work; you couldn’t just call in sick; which even more. Every day you were away from her you could only imagine how lonely she had to be. You could feel her drifting away, you had been gone far too long and you hadn’t seen her for at least a month. You wouldn’t be surprised if when you returned home she had packed up and left. You wouldn’t blame her, she deserved someone who could be with her and love her unconditionally and be able to put her first. She always came second to your work and it tore you up inside.

You thought about her leaving you and you had to excuse yourself to the bathroom. Once the door was closed behind you, you collapsed onto the floor and felt your heart break; you couldn’t bear to lose her. If you did you really didn’t know how you could keep going in this industry. It had already taken so much from you. If it took your love you were done. You bowed your head and said a silent prayer, letting the tears fall into a puddle on the floor.

Soon you heard a knock on the door. You were reminded that you had to go to hair and makeup since filming began in 30 minutes. You splashed water on your face and put on sunglasses to hide the fact that you had been crying. The stylist didn’t say anything about your puffy eyes but she worked magic and you couldn’t even tell that 10 minutes ago you had been starting your own river.

Soon filming began and you really had to concentrate in acting like you wanted to be there. In reality your mind was back at home in bed with the love of your life. You thought about quitting for her but you knew she would feel terrible and think she forced you and you couldn’t have her blame herself. But you had to focus on the show; you became an empty shell with a smile on your face as the cameras began to roll.

The members tried to get you involved and picked you a lot for the activities and you did them all, but it didn’t help the hallow pit in your stomach. After thinking about her leaving you, all you could picture was coming home to an empty place and that hurt more than anything. Right before the last activity that you had to do Henry whispered something in your ear. You barely made it out.

It couldn’t be? You scanned the audience and sure enough he was right. You could tell that a sense of relief flooded your body and for the first time in weeks a genuine smile crept onto your face. She wave at you. It felt like you were seeing her for the first time. You nodded in her direction and went on to finish the filming. Only this time you got into it. You showed off for her and put everything into it that you had. She had come to see you, she didn’t want to leave. Your heart once again felt alive as the filming wrapped up. Once you were back stage you heard her voice calling your name. You dropped to your knees out of joy and grabbed her waist when she was close enough to touch.

“I’m so sorry baby” you repeated over and over. “I thought I was going to lose you and I love you and.” you broke off you were just so happy to see her you didn’t have the words to say.

“Happy anniversary baby”, she said to you. “I love you so much. I would never leave you.”

You pulled her in for a kiss and you knew at that moment that this was the girl you were going to marry