Finish

Heartbreak

"Are you coming round tonight?" Sehun watched the dark haired boy close his locker gently, a quiet sound emitting as it locked shut. He watched the older brush his fringe to the side as he waited for a reply.

"No, I can't" Sehun shook his head, staring at the taller with a blank expression. The expression that he hid behind. If the boy found out his true feelings for him it would ruin their friendship, it would ruin everything, and Sehun wouldn't let that happen.

"You're always busy, can't find time for your best friend anymore?" Tao smiled cheekily at the younger.

"I'm just really busy at the moment, sorry" The two walked down the school hallway. Sehun was lying, he wasn't busy, he just shouldn't be around the older boy any longer than needed.

This was the way Sehun dealt with himself for falling for someone who was forbidden.

Tao had recently started seeing an older boy, someone Sehun knew he had been crushing on for a while. And while he was happy for his best friend, he was equally as heartbroken. This was just another step that Tao was taking in becoming more distant from him.

Sehun accepted the relationship because Tao seemed really happy and seeing the older this way made himself feel happy, but it was a bitter sweet feeling. Tao was happy but Sehun wasn't the one that gave him that feeling, it was someone else.

"Okay, some other time then" Sehun didn't respond, he just kept his gaze on the path in front of himself.

The time that the younger spends with his best friend should be filled with sheer joy and unlimited happiness, but these feelings had long been replaced with those of longing and self doubt of never being good enough.

...............................................................................................

This was it, Luhan was finally going to do it. The thought made the butterfly's in his stomach start hitting the insides of him, his head feeling light and fluffy, but he vowed to himself that he wouldn't back out. Luhan would go through with it.

He had gathered up all of his courage to ask out the one person he liked more than anybody else.

Luhan walked up to the slightly taller boy, hands gripping onto the strap of his bag tightly. Luhan knew that it was now or never, he tapped the boy on the shoulder and watched as he turned around to face him.

"He-hello" Luhan smiled a little, heat rushing to his face as his long time crush was so close to him.

"Hello, Luhan right?" Luhan felt his insides start to do flips, he knew his name!

"Yeah, uhmm Sehun can I talk to you for a second please" Luhan saw the boy nod his head and the two of them walked down the school hallway till they found a secluded place inside an empty classroom.

"What did you want to talk about Luhan?" Luhan bit his lip as he cast his gaze onto his shoes. He could feel the other looking right at him, waiting for an answer.

"Uhmm...Sehun..." The older looked up, locking eyes with the boy that had a bored expression on his face.

"I really like you Sehun, will you go out with me?" Luhan quickly looked back at his shoes, eyes closed shut as he held his breath, waiting for the reply. It took Sehun a few seconds to process what had been said.

"You want to go out with me?" This brought Luhan's head back up, eyes landing back on those that showed a little bit of surprise in them.

"Ye-yeah" Luhan nodded his head, fingers playing with the end of his blazer, cheeks still a hot pink from his confession.

"Okay, I'll go out with you" Sehun knew who the other boy was, he had many eyes on him but Sehun doubts that the older knew this himself. Sehun couldn't deny the fact that he was very good looking and he was a bit shocked that he wanted to date him.

Out of all the people that Luhan could of confessed to, he chose him, so Sehun thought that he can't be that bad. He must have something going for him, maybe Tao just couldn't see it.

"Really?" Sehun saw the others eyes light up in pure happiness.

"Yeah" He saw the older's lips bloom into a full blown smile, eyes turning into crescent moons and cheeks burning. Sehun couldn't help but smile a little too. Sehun might never fully return the way Luhan feels for him to the older, but maybe, just maybe Luhan could help him forget about Tao.

...............................................................................................

"Busy again today?" Sehun nodded his head, adjusting his bag on his back.

"Yeah, I've got a date with Luhan"

"Cute blond Luhan? The one that catches everyone's attention?" Sehun nodded his head.

"Wow, how'd you manage that?" Sehun turned to Tao, the two walking towards the school gates.

"He asked me out, we're dating" Sehun tried to sound happy, maybe if Sehun spent enough time with Luhan Tao would get jealous. He could only hope so.

"Oh, well good luck" Tao smiled down at the shorter and Sehun felt his heart hurt. Tao accepted his relationship just like the younger had accepted his one with Kris.

The two reached the gates, Luhan was waiting there for Sehun so they could go on their first date together.

"See ya Sehun" Tao waved as he jogged up the path a bit, getting into a car that Sehun knew belonged to a certain tall blond male. Sighing he turned to Luhan who was standing next to him quietly, looking embarrassed and not knowing what to do.

"Hey Luhan" The said boy looked up through his eyelashes.

"Hi Sehun" Sehun had to admit that Luhan certainly lived up to what everyone said about him. He was cute and if Sehun wasn't already head over heels for Tao, he could see himself falling for Luhan in the blink off an eye.

Maybe it still wasn't too late for this to happen. Sehun hoped that it wasn't but at the same time wished it was too late. He wanted to fall for Luhan, in fact it didn't really matter who he fell for, only if it took his mind of a certain black haired boy.

Sehun thought that it would be nice to fall in love with Luhan.

But even if he did, he knew that if Tao ever had second thoughts about him he would drop everything and be with him.

As bad as it sounds, Sehun wouldn't care if this left Luhan heartbroken because lets be honest, Sehun wants to be happy and to be happy, he has to be with Tao.

Luhan was just a substitute and nothing else. If he fell in love along the way, great, but this was not the purpose of the relationship between himself and the older. The purpose was to ease the pain in his heart, to ease the longing for someone that would never be his and a way to kill all the time he spent alone by himself.

...............................................................................................

"Kyungsoo, don't act as though nothing's going on, I'm not as stupid as you think I am!" Kai shouted at the older, an angry expression etched onto his features as he watched the older put his shoes on.

"I've told you time and time again, nothing's going on between me and Chanyeol! We're just friends!" Kyungsoo turned to look at Kai equally as angry as the younger. He heard the other scoff.

"Yeah right, I'm supposed to believe that?" Kai looked the shorter up and down, "You know that this is really wrong right? What about Baekhyun? Huh?" Kai saw the older close his eyes.

"Jongin, please just listen, me and Chanyeol have nothing going on between us okay? We've been working on a joint project, it's an important part of our grade, I don't want to fail!" Kyungsoo made his way over to the taller, standing in front of him.

"You don't see me bringing up the fact that you clearly have a crush on that blond boy all the time do you? I've seen you checking him out, so you should just drop it" Kyungsoo stared into the tallers eyes.

"Fine, go" Kyungsoo stood on his tiptoes, pecking his boyfriend on the lips before walking back over to the door and leaving. Kai stared at the door with an unreadable expression.

Kai knew what was going on between his boyfriend and his friend, he wasn't stupid. Normally he would ignore it but lately it had gotten to him since the boy he's crushing on has started dating someone. He wouldn't get between them, he wasn't about to reck other peoples relationships for personal gain, unlike someone he knew.

Kai knew that himself and Kyungsoo wouldn't last much longer, it was a matter of waiting for the day when the older broke it off between them. Kai was more worried about the olders best friend though.

Kyungsoo was cheating with Chanyeol who was dating Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had always been close, but then Kyungsoo had to go and ruin it by going behind his back and seeing his boyfriend. Some friend.

Kai knew that he should tell the pretty boy that Chanyeol wasn't being faithful, but he couldn't bring himself to be the bringer of bad news and break the poor boys heart. He was so in love with the tall boy and Kai didn't want to destroy Baekhyun's perfect little world. At least not right now.

...............................................................................................

It had been about a month since Luhan had confessed to Sehun and about two since Tao started seeing Kris. Everything was going well, apart from the fact that the tall black haired boy was still on Sehun's mind, even when he was with his cute boyfriend.

"Sehunnie, let's get bubble tea today, okay?" Sehun nodded, causing the older to giggle. Dating Sehun had made Luhan an overall happier person, anybody could see this and Sehun felt bad for leading the other on.

Sehun had been watching his best friend and the tall blond chat away from his position next to Luhan's locker, the older sorting his stuff out. Sehun knew that look in Tao's eyes all too well, it's the same one he gives the dark haired boy. Tao had fallen hard for Kris and Sehun felt defeated.

Sehun saw Kris' friend Chanyeol and his boyfriend Baekhyun join them, joining in with their conversation. He felt Luhan grab onto his hand, and he let out a sigh. As soon as the two had joined the couple, Chanyeol had to leave, Baekhyun becoming a third wheel, well that's what Sehun thought. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows as he was watching the scene.

As soon as the tall lanky boy had left, he saw Kris' attention go straight to the small boy abandoned by his partner. Tao hadn't noticed this but Sehun did. Kris looked at Baekhyun like he wanted to say something, but couldn't, a bit like himself with Tao. Sehun thought this was weird.

"Sehunnie, lets go" Luhan tugged on the slightly tallers hand, bringing him away from the scene he was watching.

"Luhan, you really should rethink the choices you make" Luhan raised his eyebrows as Sehun.

"What do you mean?" Sehun shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "Nothing" Luhan nodded, completely oblivious to what Sehun was hinting at. Sehun liked to think that Luhan wasn't this innocent and that he was actually just ignoring the truth. This way Luhan could continue to think that his feelings were mutual, when they weren't.

...............................................................................................

"Chanyeol, I can't keep doing this, Jongin knows" Kyungsoo was sitting opposite the tall curly haired boy at a table in a small coffee shop that they frequented.

"Relax, what's the worst that could happen? I don't know why you haven't dumped him yet" Chanyeol brought his coffee up to his lips, taking a sip.

"But I can't, I'm still in love with him..." Chanyeol watched the smaller bite his lip, staring at his hands that were on his lap.

"If that's the case, what are you doing with me? You're cheating on him even though you state that you love him" Chanyeol had a point, Kyungsoo had no idea why he was going behind his back and seeing Chanyeol in the first place. Maybe it was the fact that Chanyeol had promised him the world, that he wanted him, that he loved him and this had made Kyungsoo feel important, needed.

Kai had said the same things as well when they started dating, but he's been looking at some boy Kyungsoo didn't know for some time now with eyes full of longing and this had been going on way before Chanyeol and himself happened. Maybe this was Kyungsoo's way of dealing with slowly losing his boyfriend to someone else? Kyungsoo didn't know, all he knew was that this was really wrong from the beginning and it needed to stop.

Not to mention the fact that Baekhyun would be crushed as well and hate him forever. Kyungsoo had really screwed up this time and there was no way of undoing anything. The damage was already done.

"I don't know, but I'm stopping this before it goes any further" Kyungsoo stood up, the taller doing the same.

"Kyungsoo, you do know how long I've waited for you to be mine? I'm not giving you up" Chanyeol held onto the shorters wrist, locking eyes with the shorters large ones.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry I just can't take it any longer, I can't keep lying to Jongin, It's not fair!" The tears started to swell up in his eyes as he felt himself being brought into a tight hug.

"Kyungsoo please, It's too late already, what's done is done, just be with me, I can make you happy, I promise" Kyungsoo held onto the older boys jumper, letting the tears fall freely down his cheeks and onto the material of Chanyeol's clothing.

"Kyungsoo, you know I never liked Baekhyun, I only dated him to get to you, you can't leave me when I worked so hard to get you" Kyungsoo felt the arms around him tighten. He did like Chanyeol, he really did but what about Jongin?

"But what about Jongin? I'm breaking his heart, I just know it" Kyungsoo moved his head so that his cheek was resting on the tallers chest, the tears still falling.

"Forget him, he's been checking out that blond boy for some time now and you know it, he's probably just waiting for you to break up with him"

"You think? I know he's got a crush on that boy but I didn't think he would make a move on him" Kyungsoo looked up at Chanyeol, "Not when he's still seeing me" Chanyeol lowered his head so that their foreheads were touching.

"Well then, break it off, let him be free so that he can have the one he wants, it's not you anymore Kyungsoo" Kyungsoo swallowed, eyes cast down.

"I know"

Chanyeol squeezed the boy in his arms, the smallers large eyes landing on his own ones once again.

"Kyungsoo, promise me you'll break up with him, you won't regret it, I'll treat you right" Kyungsoo could feel the tears starting to come back, he tried to blink them away but they were coming fast.

"Chanyeol..." The tears wouldn't stop and Chanyeol removed his arms from the youngers waist and placed them on the shorters face, wiping away the tears on his pretty face.

"Kyungsoo, I love you so much, please I'm begging you, please give me a chance as your boyfriend, not your bit on the side" Kyungsoo could see the sincerity in Chanyeol's eyes, he wasn't lying.

"You can't have both of us Kyungsoo, you have to choose" Kyungsoo closed his eyes, nodding his head, forehead moving against the tallers.

"I'll break up with him Chanyeol, I promise" Chanyeol broke out into a wide grin, but Kyungsoo couldn't see this since he had his eyes closed. The younger felt his head being lifted up and he slowly opened his eyes to see Chanyeol leaning in, so he closed them again, a kiss following milliseconds after.

It wasn't the first time the two had kissed, not even close. They almost went all the way one time, but were stopped when Chanyeol's phone went off, bringing them back into reality. Kyungsoo had never felt more relieved in all his life than he did at that moment. It's not that he didn't want Chanyeol to make love to him, he did, but then that would be another bad thing to add to the list of things that he's doing in the process of slowly breaking Jongin's heart.

Kyungsoo felt the tallers tongue swipe along his bottom lip, asking to be let in. Kyungsoo granted entry and the older placed his arms around his small frame, bringing him closer as they made out.

Breaking apart, the two breathed heavily while keeping eye contact.

"What about Baekhyun, this is going to destroy him, I'm such a terrible friend" Kyungsoo's hands rested on the tallers chest, fingers fiddling with the soft material.

"I know, but I never intended for him to fall for me, I only want you" Kyungsoo shook his head.

"You're terrible, really mean, leading my best friend on for your own personal gain"

"What about you then? You could of stopped me right at the beginning when this started but you didn't, this is as much your fault as it is mine and I don't think you'll be able to call him your best friend after he finds out" Kyungsoo frowned, Chanyeol was right and he knew that Baekhyun would hate him and probably wish him dead which made Kyungsoo incredibly sad.

But at the end of the day it was Kyungsoo's fault and Baekhyun was just the innocent victim that was going to get the short end of the stick. He was going to have his heart broken by the one he loves and have to deal with the betrayal of his best friend all at the same time.

Kyungsoo just hoped that Baekhyun wouldn't do anything stupid, the way things turned out didn't mean that he loved the older as his best friend any less, it's just the sad truth that he was falling for the same person that Baekhyun was already in love with.

...............................................................................................

Kai was on the phone with a certain someone, asking to meet up at the small coffee shop around the corner from the school. After a bit of persuasion, the boy on the phone agreed to meet up.

Kai would tell the older the dirty ways of his boyfriend, he just couldn't keep it to himself anymore. Baekhyun had the right to know what was really going on behind his back.

He had told the older to meet up with him at the small coffee shop that he knew Kyungsoo and Chanyeol went too to meet up. Kyungsoo was just full of lies but Kai couldn't bring himself to hate him.

Kai knew that either way, his relationship with the smaller wasn't going to last as long as he initially thought it would. Chanyeol had just helped speed the process along a bit.

Once he reached his destination he spotted the main attraction, both hugging each other in plain view for everyone to see within the shop.

Kai waited outside for Baekhyun to show, he didn't want the two inside to see him or the older, that would ruin his plan.

"Hey Kai! What did you want to talk about?" Baekhyun jogged up to the taller boy, standing in front of him.

"Baekhyun, I'm really sorry for what's about to happen but you deserve to now the truth" Baekhyun looked at Kai with a confused look on his face.

"What are you talking about?" Baekhyun smiled at the younger not gaining one in response. Kai stared at the shorter, making Baekhyun uncomfortable.

"What's going on Kai?" Baekhyun creased his eyebrows, smile turning into a frown.

"Chanyeol's cheating on you" Kai saw the olders eyebrows shoot up, eyes widening.

"That's not funny Kai, you shouldn't joke about these things" Baekhyun let out a small shaky laugh, not understanding the situation.

"I'm not lying, I know for a fact that he's cheating on you" Baekhyun saw the serious look in Kai's eyes, feeling his heart drop.

"Wh-who's he cheating with, do you know?" Baekhyun bit his lip, fingers fiddling with the ends of his jacket. This wasn't happening, it wasn't true, Kai was just playing with him. Chanyeol wouldn't do this to him, would he?

"Kyungsoo" Baekhyun couldn't believe it, his boyfriend was cheating on him with his best friend?

"Kyungsoo?" Kai heard Baekhyun's voice tremble, the smallers eyes beginning to water. Kai sighed while nodding his head. He reached out, bringing the smaller in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Baekhyun" The older pushed the taller away, shaking his head.

"Kyungsoo wouldn't do that to me" Baekhyun stared at Kai angrily with tear stained cheeks, "You're making things up Kai, stop it"

Kai turned around to make sure that the two offenders inside the coffee shop were still there. They were but now they were doing much more than just hugging, they were kissing.

"You might not believe me but the evidence is right here in front of you" Kai grabbed the olders hand bringing him to stand next to him in front of the coffee shop window.

Baekhyun blinked his eyes, not sure of what he was supposed to looking at, until he finally saw it. Chanyeol was kissing Kyungsoo right in front of his very eyes.

"No...it can't be..." Baekhyun let the tears fall freely now, not caring anymore. Baekhyun was heartbroken, how could they do this to him? The two people he trusted more than anyone else in the world had betrayed his trust in the worst way possible.

Once Baekhyun got over the initial shock, he felt angry, really angry. Wiping the tears away with the back of his hand, he slammed open the door to the small coffee shop, shocking those inside.

"How could you two do this to me!" The two hugging jumped at the sudden loud noise breaking the silence. Both of them looked in the direction that the voice came from, coming face to face with an angry but clearly upset Baekhyun, Kai standing behind him.

"Baekhyun, let me explain..." Kyungsoo tried to get out of Chanyeol's hold but the older wouldn't let him go.

"No! I know what's going on, Kai told me even though I didn't believe him, but I do now! I saw you two kissing!" Baekhyun grabbed onto Chanyeol's shoulder, the taller letting go of Kyungsoo in the process.

"Yah Chanyeol! What's the meaning of this?!" Chanyeol just stared at the shorter with no emotion.

"I'm in love with Kyungsoo, that's it, I'm sorry for leading you on Baekhyun" The said boy felt his mouth open, the tears not stopping.

"Wh-what?" Chanyeol sighed, grabbing the olders wrist and removing his hand from his shoulder.

"I only dated you so that I could get close to Kyungsoo, I know that it's dirty, but that's just the way it is, I never had any feelings for you Baekhyun, I'm sorry" Baekhyun began breathing deeply as he brought his hand up, slapping the taller hard on the cheek.

"I trusted you Chanyeol! I gave you my heart and you crushed it completely!" Baekhyun turned to his right, looking at Kyungsoo.

"And you! I thought we were friends Kyungsoo, friends don't see each others boyfriends behind their back! I can't believe you would do this to me, you know how I feel about Chanyeol!" Baekhyun broke down, hands going to his face as he just let everything out.

"Baekhyun, I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, please believe me" Kyungsoo felt like he had committed the worst crime in the whole world. In a way he had, he'd committed the worst crime possible in Baekhyun's little world and he knew there was no way of fixing things between them.

Baekhyun wiped at his face, trying to even out his breathing.

"Kyungsoo, I can't be friends with you anymore, I just can't and Chanyeol, you've probably been waiting for this for a long time" Baekhyun looked at the said boy, "We're over, be with Kyungsoo for all I care! Good-bye!" Baekhyun turned around, walking past Kai and quickly exiting the coffee shop.

Kyungsoo swallowed as he stared at Kai who didn't make any effort to leave.

"Jongin..." Kai was staring directly at Kyungsoo, eyes showing no emotion. Kyungsoo bit his lip as he felt a hand on his lower back.

"Kai, Kyungsoo's with me now, go ask that blond boy you've been crushing on out, you're free to do so now" Kai broke his gaze from Kyungsoo to look at the tall boy next to him.

"I can't, Luhan's already seeing someone, I'm not about to break a couple up for personal benefits" Those words hit Kyungsoo and he felt the tears prick at the corners of his eyes again.

"Luhan means a lot to me and if he's happy with someone other than me, then theres nothing I can do about it, apart from be happy that he's happy. I don't want to see him hurting" Kai took one last look at the crying boy facing the ground before turning around and leaving the coffee shop.

Once outside, Kai let out a deep breath, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders. Baekhyun finally knew about the happenings going on behind his back and this made Kai feel a lot better. He was still heartbroken though, but definitely not as heartbroken as Baekhyun. The older was totally devastated and Kai was glad that he saw his own break up with Kyungsoo coming so that he could detach himself slowly. Baekhyun on the other hand was oblivious so he had to suffer with the full blown effects of betrayal and heartbreak.

...............................................................................................

Baekhyun made his way to his front door after hearing the door bell ring. He hadn't been to school since the meet up with Kai, he hadn't even left his house.

Baekhyun opened the door slightly, peeking around it so he could see who wanted to see him. A part of him hoped that it would be Chanyeol telling him that he's sorry and that it was all just and act, some drama skit between himself and Kyungsoo, but one look at the person at his door crushed all of those fantasy's.

"Hi Baekhyun, can I come in?" Baekhyun stared at the tall boy. He knew who he was, he had meet him through Chanyeol.

"Sure, come in Kris" Baekhyun opened the door wider so that the blond could enter. Baekhyun shut the door and led the older to the main room.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Kris shook his head, hand reaching out to hold onto Baekhyun's.

"I want to talk to you Baekhyun" Kris sat down on the sofa, pulling the smaller to sit down next to him by the hand.

"Baekhyun, I heard what happened and I'm sorry about the way Chanyeol treated you" Baekhyun smiled a little, looking down at his hand being held by a much larger one. He felt the hand tighten around his own and a warmness start to travel up his arm.

"You deserve someone better than him Baekhyun, don't waste your time on him" Baekhyun nodded his head, a thumb being felt go over the back of his hand.

"I know, but it still hurts Kris, I gave Chanyeol everything and he shoved it all back in my face, Kyungsoo too..." Kris heard the younger sniff and didn't need to see his face to know that he was crying.

"Baekhyun, let me take care of you, I won't let this repeat itself, I'm being serious" Baekhyun looked up, red eyes meeting with the olders.

"What?" Baekhyun didn't know what Kris was talking about.

"Baekhyun, let me give you what Chanyeol never did, let me love you" Baekhyun's eyes widened at this, was Kris confessing to him?

"Are you confessing to me?" He saw the blond male nod his head.

"Yes I am, Baekhyun I've secretly been in love with you for a while now and I know that this is a bad chapter in your life, but to me this is great news, I finally have a chance with you now that Chanyeol's out of the way. That is if you want to try with me, I'm not going to force you" Kris lifted his free hand, wiping at Baekhyun's cheeks, getting rid of his tears.

"Let me be your prince in shining armour, Baekhyun" Baekhyun blinked away the oncoming tears, Kris' thumb wiping at the ones that managed to escape his tired eyes.

"Kris, this is really sudden and aren't you dating Tao?" Baekhyun had meet the younger boy when he had started seeing Kris a few months ago. Despite his appearance, Tao was the cutest thing Baekhyun had ever meet.

Baekhyun saw the older boy smile sadly.

"Yeah, but not for much longer, I'm gonna break up with him"

"Are you breaking up with him because of me?" Baekhyun didn't want Tao to face the same reality that he was and have his boyfriend leave him for someone he thought he could trust.

"No, whether you accept my confession or not, I'm still going to break up with him, I tried to get my feelings for you to go away by dating Tao, but it's not working" Baekhyun creased his eyebrows at this.

"Are you leading Tao on? It seems like he really likes you" Kris shook his head, he wasn't leading Tao on, he did have feelings for the younger but they were no where near as strong as those he had for the boy currently in front of him right now.

"No I do like Tao, but I feel as though my feelings for him will never match up to the ones I feel for you Baekhyun" Baekhyun didn't know what to do. Should he accept Kris and let him try to fix his broken heart? Should he reject him because of Tao? But kris said that himself and Tao weren't going to be for much longer, so there wasn't really anything for Baekhyun to lose anymore, he'd already lost all there was to lose in the form of his love and best friend.

"Kris...I'm scared..." Baekhyun stared into the tallers eyes, searching them to see whether he was lying, he wasn't.

"You have every right to be scared Baekhyun, but I promise you that I will protect you, even if you don't accept me, I'll still be watching you from the sidelines to make sure that whoever you choose to give your heart to next treats you the way you deserve to be treated" Kris reached out and held onto the youngers other hand, giving both hands a squeeze at the same time. Baekhyun broke the eye contact to look at their connected hands.

"You don't have to give me an answer straight away Baekhyun, take your time, but know that I'll always be waiting for you" Baekhyun glanced up, seeing Kris smile at him. He nodded.

"I'll think about it"

...............................................................................................

"Did you hear about what happened?" Sehun turned to Tao, shaking his head.

"About what?"

"About Baekhyun, he's not doing so well lately" Sehun frowned, he'd seen the boy around but he'd never actually talked to him before.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Apparently Chanyeol was cheating on him with Kyungsoo, his best friend" Sehun frowned hearing this. Even thought he didn't know that boy personally, he felt sorry for him.

"Poor Baekhyun" Tao nodded his head.

"Kris saw him the day before yesterday and said that he wasn't doing great, said he just needs some time to get over the whole ordeal" Sehun hummed in response, not really focusing on what his friend was say but instead on his dark eyes. Sehun loved Tao's cat like eyes and would often find himself getting lost in them.

"Sehun?" Sehun was brought back into reality at the sound of his name leaving the olders lips.

"Yeah?"

"You're drifting off into space again" Tao let an amused smile grace his lips and Sehun tried hard not to get lost again.

"How are you and Kris doing?" Sehun couldn't care less, he just wanted to hear the older talk some more.

"Okay, but he's been a bit distant these past couple days, like something bugging him and he won't tell me what it is" Tao frowned, clearly worried about what was happening with the older male.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that" That was a blatant lie, inside Sehun was happy to hear this and although it was evil of him to think this, he silently hoped that the same thing that happened to Baekhyun would happen to Tao. That Kris would cheat on him, leaving Tao heartbroken so that he could feel the way Sehun was feeling. The only difference being that Kris wouldn't cheat with Tao's best friend, Sehun was not attracted to Kris in any way so that was never happening.

"Yeah, but he says it's nothing important so I'm not gonna worry about it" Sehun nodded, enjoying the company of the older male.

"What about you and Luhan?" Sehun sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"It wasn't working out so I broke it off" Sehun saw his friends eyebrows raise.

"Oh, I thought that you two looked really good together not to mention Luhan's totally head over heals for you" Tao smiled a little.

"Hmmm, that was the only reason I went out with him in the first place. I could see how happy it would make him but I just can't give him what he wants me too, I can't lie to him" Tao nodded, biting his lip.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he said that he was happy that I gave things a go and that things don't always turn out the way we want them to" Sehun knew this all to well, so he could relate to the older boy with the cute face.

"This way someone who will love Luhan fully can have their chance with him, I won't be in the way"

...............................................................................................

Luhan walked down the school hallway with his head held high. He was upset over the resent break up, but he was also grateful that Sehun had accepted his confession and that they had spent happy times together, even if only for a short period of time.

Luhan could tell that Sehun wasn't on the same level as him during the relationship anyway, he saw the looks he gave to the dark hair boy when he was near them, he just chose to ignore it.

Luhan was just enjoying the time spent with the younger before the break up came, he knew it would, so he just waited for the day that he would be single again.

That day was a couple days ago and Luhan felt good, he hadn't even cried. He had realised pretty early on in the relationship that Sehun was treating him more like a friend than a partner and instincts told him that it wouldn't change.

Luhan reached his locker, opening it with a smile on his face. He noticed a folded up piece of paper fall out and land onto the floor in front of his feet. Picking it up he straightened out the crumpled sheet.

'Luhan, I've been crushing on you for a long time now and would appreciate it if you could meet me at the schools garden once school has finished so that I can talk you to.

Kim Jongin'

Luhan bit his lip as he felt the heat rush to his face, was this the same person that was currently going through a break up due to his partner cheating on him? Luhan didn't know but he would meet up with him because he deserves a chance to get his feelings out, besides he knows what it feels like when confessing to the person you like. Jongin had the courage to get this far so Luhan wouldn't deny him his rights to get his feelings out in the open.

While waiting for the end of the day to come Luhan thought about his answer to Jongin's confession which he knew was coming. Luhan hadn't met him directly but he had seen him around a lot, come to think of it, Luhan had caught him looking in his direction on more than one occasion.

Luhan would listen to what the younger had to say and if he wanted to date, he would agree.

Although he had just gone through what should of been a tough break up, he felt that he needed to be with someone that would give him the same amount of love back that he was giving to them. This was something that had been denied to him when he started seeing Sehun.

Maybe he could fall in love with Jongin and have his happy ever after that he wasn't able to have with Sehun.

Pushing open the door to the schools garden, Luhan saw him sitting on the pebbles in front of a bed of flowers. Quietly he walked up to the dark haired boy that was throwing the small stones around him, most likely to pass the time.

"Hi Jongin" The said boy looked up, surprised by the sudden voice. He quickly lifted himself off the hard ground so that he was in front of the older boy.

"Hi Luhan, you can call me Kai if you want" Luhan smiled shyly as he watched the other scratch the back of his neck.

"I'll stick with Jongin if that's okay" Kai looked at him, nodding.

"That's fine, Kyungsoo didn't like using that name either" The two held eye contact before the older spoke.

"I heard about what happened, I'm really sorry Jongin" Kai smiled, waving a hand at the other.

"Nah, don't be, the relationship wasn't going to last much longer anyway, Baekhyun's the one that's most effected by the whole situation" Luhan watched the taller take a deep breath, letting it out slowly. Luhan knew what was coming next, he'd been in Kai's place not too long ago.

"Luhan, you saw my note, yes?" Luhan giggled a little, nodding his head.

"How else would I of known to come here? Of course I saw it" Luhan watched Kai with large eyes, he could tell the younger was nervous by the way he was acting. Luhan wondered if he looked the same in Sehun's eyes when he confessed to the younger boy.

"Uhm, Luhan, I've been watching you for a while now but haven't done anything about my growing feelings because of Kyungsoo and then because you were in a relationship, I didn't want to come between you and Sehun, I saw how you looked at him" Kai locked eyes with the older again, the smile not once leaving the blonds lips.

"Sehun never felt the same though, I could tell, I just kept quiet and enjoyed the remainder of the time I had with him before it ended" Luhan eye smiled at the boy watching him silently.

"But I think it's time I was with someone that can give me what Sehun can't, can you do that Jongin?" Kai blinked at the shorter, eyebrows furrowed.

"Wh-what?" Luhan giggled once again.

"I said that I'll give you a chance Jongin, please keep my heart safe and I hope that we can fall in love with one another" Luhan blushed, Kai was supposed to be the one confessing but it felt like he was the one doing this.

"Really? Are you sure?"

"You seem shocked at my answer, were you expected me to reject you?"

"In a way, yes" Kai nodded his head, wiping his hands on the front of his trousers.

"Why? Is it so hard to believe that I truly want to see how far we can take this? I want to have my happy ending Jongin, I hope you can give me this" Kai swallowed, this was going much better than what he had planned out inside his head.

"Okay, then, Luhan I will try my best to give you a happy ending so please go out with me" Luhan jumped into the youngers arms, hugging him around the neck tightly. He heard the taller gasp at the sudden contact and the older couldn't keep the smile on his face away. Slowly Luhan felt the boys arms wrap around him, hugging him back.

"Okay Jongin, lets fall in love"

...............................................................................................

Tao sat down opposite Sehun at their usual lunch table and stared at the younger who in return raised an eyebrow.

"What? Why are you staring at me for?" Tao tilted his head to the side, eyes not leaving the youngers face.

"Kris broke up with me" Sehun meet eyes with the dark haired boys sad looking ones.

"Sorry to hear that" Sehun went back to eating his lunch, the olders eyebrows creasing as he watched the boy part his lips and close them again, eating.

"No you're not" Sehun stopped eating momentarily before continuing.

"Yeah I am, you liked Kris so I'm sorry to hear that the two of you are no longer together" Tao glared at the younger.

"Sehun, I've known you for a long time, so long that I know how to read you like a open book" Sehun froze, eyes focusing on one particular spot on the table.

"No matter how hard you try to hide them, you can't hide them from me forever, I see the way you look at me" Sehun couldn't make eye contact with the older.

"I know what that look represents, it's the same one that I used to look at Kris with" Sehun's eyes widened as he realised what was going on. Tao knew of his feelings all this time and Sehun felt really stupid for not realising sooner.

"I have to go" Sehun got up from his seat quickly, trying to leave the scene as quickly as possible. He was stopped by a hand on his wrist though, Tao standing up as well.

"You're coming with me" Tao pulled the younger along by the wrist away from their table, lunch still left out. Tao continued to drag his friend through the hallways of the school till he found a quiet classroom. Once inside he let go of the shorters wrist, blocking the door so Sehun couldn't escape.

"What are you doing? I was having lunch" Sehun had his back facing the older as he stood in one spot. Tao crossed his arms, huffing.

"Sehun, how much longer are you going to keep these feelings to yourself?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" Tao rolled his eyes at the stubborn boy, walking closer to him.

"Sehun, when are you going to confess to me?" Sehun tried to fight away the heat making its way onto his cheeks, eyebrows creasing as he continued to not look at the black haired boy.

"Why would I do that? I'll get rejected" Tao smirked, leaning his head on the youngers shoulder, whispering into his ear.

"You just admitted that you like me" Sehun couldn't fight away the heat anymore as his cheeks turned pink at what was said. He did sorta just give it away to the older and Sehun scolded himself for being too careless.

"So? It doesn't matter, you like Kris" Tao placed his hands on the youngers hips, feeling him stiffen at the contact.

"Yeah I did, but I can see that he likes Baekhyun more, just like how I can see that you like me" Sehun swallowed, the hands of the older trailing up and down his sides slowly.

"I'm right aren't I Sehun, just admit that you like me, we can be more than friends" Sehun turned his head around quickly after hearing the last part of Tao's sentence. Tao took this as a chance to claim the youngers lips in their first kiss together.

Sehun's eyes widened as the olders arms s around his middle, pulling him closer as he kissed him. Sehun didn't respond to the kiss that was soon broken by the black haired boy.

"Yah, Sehun you didn't kiss me back" Tao narrowed his eyes at the shocked boy in his hold.

"Wanna try it again? This time just relax and enjoy it okay?" Sehun locked eyes with the taller who was smirking at him. Sehun blinked multiple times before he realised what was going on. He pushed away the incoming boy, trying to get out of his arms that were wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Tao, stop it" Tao raised an eyebrow at this.

"Why? You like me don't you, then I don't see the problem" Sehun glared at the taller. This wasn't funny.

"I do like you Tao okay?! But you can't play with my feelings like this when you don't like me back, it's not on Tao, let go" Sehun continued to wriggle, only managing to turn himself around in the boys arms, his back to the olders chest.

"Oh yeah, I didn't say how I felt, sorry for giving you the wrong idea and stop moving so I can confess" Sehun's eyes became wide once again. What did Tao say? He's going to confess?

"Sehun, you're so perfect, I knew that you liked me so I thought that it might be fun to make you jealous, that's why I dated Kris" Sehun turned his head, looking back at Tao.

"I thought you liked Kris" Sehun saw Tao blush slightly, his arms tightening around the smaller.

"I did, believe me I fell quite hard for Kris, but once I realised that Kris didn't look at me the same way I looked at him, I knew that he didn't feel the same way" Sehun turned his head to face the front, leaning back slightly into the olders hold.

"I wanted Kris to love me just like you want me to love you, the only difference is that you'll get what you want, I'll tell you straight off that I'm not in love with you Sehun, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to fall in love with you" Tao released his hold on the shorter.

"Give me time Sehun and I'm sure we can be happy together, just wait for me to be on the same page as you" Sehun turned around fully, Tao's hands going back to the youngers hips.

"Tao, I've waited long enough so I guess a little bit more waiting is not going to kill me" Tao raised his eyebrows.

"You'll wait for me?" Sehun nodded his head, hesitantly placing his hands on the tallers shoulders.

"I'll wait for you, but you break my heart and I'll never forgive you Tao" Tao shook his head.

"I won't, I promise Sehun, I'm sorry that I'm not on the same level, but I really want to catch up to you quickly, I want to love you Sehun" Tao smiled, pressing his forehead against the youngers.

...............................................................................................

Baekhyun bit his lip as he peeped around the corner at the blond male shutting his locker door. His eyes watched the tall boy as he started walking in the opposite direction that Baekhyun was in. Baekhyun felt the heat rise until his cheeks changed colour.

Baekhyun had decided that he would accept Kris' confession and agree to date him, he wanted to get over Chanyeol as quickly as possible even though Baekhyun knew this would take time.

Time that Kris seemed to have for him. Baekhyun was going to let Kris try and fix the state that Chanyeol had left him in. Even if things didn't work out, he could at least say that they tried and thats all that matters.

Baekhyun's eyes were on the boys back which soon turned into his chest as he had suddenly turned around. Baekhyun widened his eyes as they locked with those belonging to the older boy.

He quickly moved behind the corner, back pressed up against the wall with his eyes closed shut tightly as he began scolding himself for getting caught.

Baekhyun was sure that the taller boy was going to come around the corner any second now, he had afterall seen him. But after a few minutes of silence Baekhyun decided to peep around the corner again just to make sure that the older had left.

Slowly poking the top half of his head around the corner once again, Baekhyun's sight was met by the standing form of the older boy he was watching only minutes ago.

"Ahhh!" Baekhyun jumped at the closeness of the other, trying to leave the scene quickly.

"Hey! Baekhyun wait!" Kris followed the shorter who was running away from him, but Kris had long legs so he put them to good use and easily caught up with the smaller.

"Baekhyun, why are you running away from me?" Kris held onto the smallers wrist, moving in front of him. He noticed that Baekhyun wasn't looking at him but at the floor instead. Kris used his free hand to slowly bring the youngers head up.

"Baekhyun..." Said boy was bitting his lip as he looked up at Kris through half closed eyes, a dark blush present on his face. Kris lowered his head slightly, watching the shorters eyes close fully and his teeth no longer bitting at his bottom lip. Kris took this as a sign that it was okay to kiss the younger, so thats what he did.

Baekhyun creased his eyebrows as the olders lips touched his, a warm feeling rushing through his body. The kisses he shared with Chanyeol never felt like this, Kris' kiss was filled with love and Baekhyun knew that he was making the right decision.

Breaking apart the kiss, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the tallers neck, standing on his tiptoes as he pulled him down for another. Kris smiled into the kiss knowing what the youngers answer was.

"I'm gonna take it that your answer is a yes?" Kris touched his forehead with Baekhyun's, the younger fiddling with his shirt collar.

"Yeah, I want to get over Chanyeol and I feel that you can help me do this" Baekhyun looked at Kris' eyes but quickly looked away because of their close proximity, "I want you to make me fall in love with you Kris, I believe that you can do this and I'm giving you permission to do so" Baekhyun felt the olders large hands on his sides.

"Baekhyun, I won't let you down, you'll be happy again in no time" Kris smiled down at the boy, removing his forehead from the youngers. Baekhyun smiled back, moving forward to give the blond a hug. Kris returned the hug immediately, having waited long enough for the small boy to be in his arms.

"I know"

 ...............................................................................................

 Hi

This took forever to finish and I hope that it makes sense and that it's not to confusing :) This is the longest thing I've ever written.

I also hope that it seems like it's finished and that it doesn't make you feel like there are any parts missing when you get to the end :(

I hope you enjoyed reading this and goodbye :)

PrettyDeadRose11