The Pain Behind Those Eyes

Life Isn't All Sunshine And Butterflies
     The next day had begun accustomed enough. Lu Han giddily entered with a bright attitude while SeHun arrived with the face of someone that wants to murder your entire family.
 
     Lu Han was punctual and ready to work while SeHun needed a cup of coffee to keep his eyes halfway open.
 
     Lu Han teased and taunted the younger while the primary thing on SeHun's mind was what he was going to cook for dinner tonight.
 
In other words, it was the typical work day for the two.
 
     In the midst of it all, though, Lu Han received a phone call that required him to leave the office where the two did their daily assignments.
 
     Once the identity of the caller was revealed, SeHun and Lu Han were in the same room at this time, Lu Han's forehead creased in confusion, but anyone could clearly see how joyful he was at the sudden call. It was from Kris, of course, probably the only person that could ever have such a positive yet negative effect on the young adult.
 
     SeHun envied the bastard, he really did.
 
     He wish that he had complete control over the hard-headed boy, the same way that Yi Fan did.
 
Lu Han giddily exited the room, receiver in possession.
 
     Once the blonde was out of his sight, SeHun decided it was a bold idea to talk to TaeEun, the beautiful receptionist who had given Lu Han the heads up about the abrupt call.
 
     "Uh, excuse me, TaeEun Sunbaenim. Would you mind digging up some files on Lu Han for me?"
 
     "Oooo, SeHun! Getting a bit nosey, are we?"
 
     "Not anything too personal, I'm not that cruel." SeHun had a rich underlining to his tone, which made the woman all the more skeptical. Of course, if you knew the man for long enough, you'd be worried of everything he did as well.
     
     "If you can't do that for me, though, would you mind finding an inquiry on his elder brother, Wu Yi Fan? He might be a less hard target to discover, since he is much more well know than his demon sist- I mean Lu Han."
 
     TaeEun giggled, but wasn't all too proud of the fact that she was nearing to rumage around, discover the file of Lu Han's brother and hand the information to a person she could barely put any accountable trust into. But she loved SeHun dearly, similar to how she loves her brother.
 
     There was a point, when SeHun sat in the leather chair in the most unprofessional way, that the deer returned, a completely deviate facial expression from the one before.
 
     I almost seemed as if he were crying.
 
     He briskly strode across the room to his personal desk, not even sparing a single glance at SeHun.
 
     SeHun, though, kept a tight lock on his gaze towards the older, noting the little things he would have never noticed before. The sight that grasp the attention of the 21-year old's  the most was Lu Han's eyes. They had a puffy outline, tinged red.
 
     He sniffled multiple times, as well.
 
     While SeHun studied Lu Han's poor state, the office door cracked open TaeEun scarcely seen inbetween the thin slit the door and the frame created.
 
     SeHun made a motion with his hands, signaling her to enter.
 
     She gave a brief smile directed at Lu Han as he returned it with a less enthusiastic, much more broken one.
 
     Her steps quickened and she reached her destination of SeHun's work space, she slickly whipped out 3 cream colored folders. One with the deer's name. Two with the dragon's.
 
     "Yah, Sehun. I got you both of their files, so you better be thankful." She whispered.
 
     "Of course I am,TaeEun. Thank you."
 
     "But promise that you won't go too far into Lu Han's records. Just stop once you've reached a halfway point."
 
     "Yes ma'am."
 
     "Good. I don't think that he'd be glad to know that you've read some of the stuff in here."
 
     "Alright. Thank You for informing me."
 
     "No problem. But, hey. Was Lu Han crying?"
 
     "Yeah, I think so. I don't know why, though."
 
     "Oh. Okay. Bye then SeHun. Bye Lu Han!" She discontinued her whispering and waved to the other man in the room, mustering up the sweetest smile she could.
 
     Once the door shut and the favorable atmosphere vanished, Lu Han turned to SeHun, seemingly lost.
 
     "What are those?"
 
     "Oh, nothing."
 
     "Aniya, SeHun. Tell me what those are." Lu Han insisted. It didn't take very long for SeHun to conjure up a lie, as this was his skill. If he could get paid to constantly lie to everyone, he wouldn't be sitting here in this dingy office at the moment.
 
     "Criminal records. Websites and other information that isn't in your field, Mr. Han." He grimaced at the name SeHun adored to lable him as. One of the names he hated the most.
 
     "Mr.Kang assigned me a report on a recent shooting."
 
     "No, he didn't. I  thought-"
 
     "Well, I finished that. While you were out answering Yi Fan, Mr. Kang called me and gave me this assignment. Don't be so dauntless in what you think you know, Lu Han."
 
     SeHun smirked, expecting Lu Han to yell at him or throw a stapler in his face, you know, the customary.
 
     Instead, Lu Han's expression contorted into one of hurt and pain before he whispered a barely audible, "Nevermind. I'm sorry for getting into your business."
 
     SeHun became worried. Lu Han never apologized. For anything. Did Wu Yi Fan do this?
 
     "Hey, Lu Han. Are you okay?"
 
     "Yeah I jus-ugh. I'm......  I'm just having a hard day, yeah?"
 
     "O-oh. Alright, hyung. I'm sorry for being a bit too harsh."
 
     "It's okay."

     Once home, SeHun immediately reached into his leather suitcase and snatched out the three folders.

 
     He settled on the small couch already interested in what he hasn't even revealed yet. He was determined to read Lu Han's first, since his was only a single folder.
 
     It began simple enough. His occupation and where he resided. His age and family members, as well as who he lived with, Wu Yi Fan.
 
     Turns out, Lu Han has no parents. No family. Just Yi Fan. Only Yi Fan.
 
     While being so enthralled in the words on the smooth piece of paper, he completely failed to remember the promise he made with TaeEun.
 
"But promise that you won't go too far into Lu Han's records. Just stop once you've reached a halfway point."
 
     He continued, far after the halfway point. Eventually, he reached Lu Han's medical records, probably the largest portion of the file. So thick. SeHun wondered if Lu Han was once the clumsy type to have gone to the hospital so many times.
 
     He scanned them all, eyes widening by the second.
 
Lu Han was a victim of abuse.
 
     Several entries were somewhat recent. The latest was 4 weeks ago, when JaeGuk had to fill Lu Han's place because he was in.... He was in the hospital.
 
     Who would be hurting Lu Han? Obviously it's the same person since the damage has been various times with short periods inbetween. SeHun came to a realization.
 
     He seized one of Yi Fan's files, too excited to see which one. Once he found nothing, he grabbed the other one and quickly flipped through it as well. Then he found it.
 
 
Criminal records.
 
 
     There was only one slip of paper in the section, but it was enough to convince SeHun.
 
     Wu Yi Fan. Convicted of battery to a minor. His younger sibling to be exact.
 
     SeHun looked at the date on his criminal record and took up Lu Han's folder once more, itching to discover a nearby date. Yup. Sure enough. There it was.
 
     Yi Fan was convicted on February 16, 1999.
 
     Lu Han was settled in the hospital February 1, 1999.
 
 
     Was this why Lu Han was so sensitive around his brother? Once, SeHun had heard Lu Han speaking to Yi Fan over the phone. He told the boy that he didn't love him. That he was just Yi Fan's dog. Lu Han seemed to be taken of guard by this, but he smiled anyways and sweetly said goodbye to his brother.
 
     SeHun simply dismissed it when it occurred, thinking that he was on crack and imagining things.
 
 
But now it all makes sense.
 
 
     Lu Han always smiled and stayed patient when speaking to Yi Fan, but always seemed so broken when speaking of him.

 

 

Lu Han just wanted to be loved, but Yi Fan refused to give it to him.

 

 


 

I did not check this at all, so I have no idea if I made a mistake or something. If I did, please tell me.<3

Hope you enjoyed.^^

 

tumblr_lp4zojLNTi1qe7v40.gif