Quiet Hatred

Life Isn't All Sunshine And Butterflies

Was it legal to slaughter Lu Han? No.

 

Did that hinder SeHun's willingness to do it? No.

 

     SeHun angrily made an incision in the rope he was grasping. He heard a horribly menacing snicker from two feet away when the blade unsuccessfully overtook the damn piece of fibrous material. It burnt. It burnt like hell to even apprehend the sound of Lu Han's pleasure.

 

    SeHun wasn't an expert in the field of hatred. Not at all. But he could make assumptions about the feeling that ascended up his stomach whenever Lu Han was in sight. Everytime the other became a near participant of breathing similar air as him, SeHun would assure that ostracization took place.

 

    Problem is, Lu Han resolved in using a corresponding tactic.

 

    The two young adults resembled cats and dogs. Something of that sort. Continuously at unseen war with one another. SeHun wasn't on a firm ground when it came down to distinguishing the thriver of the nonexistent tumult. He supposed it was him.

 

    A sharp blade hewed at an unstable rhythm, due to pure annoyance of the figure before it. SeHun doesn't think Lu Han noticed, though.

 

    There was absolutely no reason to dislike the Chinese individual in a bystanders view point. But in the addition's eyes, passing was a far more praised preference than remaining in an everlasting job with the one somebody that he would rather butcher than positively interact with.

 

    SeHun was nearly confident that Lu Han experienced the same exact feelings towards himself.

 

    "TheHun! Are you having trouble? Do you need help?"

 

    SeHun grimaced at the nickname Lu Han had granted him on the first day on the job due to his slight lisp. He attempted to overlook the awful byname and answer with an ounce of false respect.

 

    "No, Hyung. Thank you for the offer, though."

 

    SeHun often liked to think of himself as the seemingly emotionless protagonist, battling through life's shinks and shanks. One of them happening to be a little man by the name of Lu Han. I'm sure you perceived that already, though.

 

    As much as SeHun enjoyed the rush of hating someone superior to himself, he never comprehended the life of the older. The only supporting factor SeHun noted was Lu Han's elder brother, Wu Yi Fan. But that was primarily because Wu Fan was the owner of a miniature company in GwangJu.

 

     Lu Han was never the type to speak of family. Whether it was a result of Wu Fan being the only notable member, or being the only member in a general eye. But who was SeHun to pry?

 

     A silence usually stood alongside the two adversaries during the duration of their work, but today's tranquility felt an inch off the pole. Sadness distantly struck Lu Han's doe eyes from time to time. He was lucky SeHun stated nothing about this, as SeHun had his limitations.

 

     Besides the emptiness decorating the air in the room, a slight relief hung on a thin, black string. Both the men had come to realize today marked the final day of this rope cutting. Just one extra hour, though.

 

     The hour was uneventful. No visitors. No sudden interruptions. No random insults. No laughs of giggles. No nothin'. SeHun was tempted to blame his blonde counterpart for this placid evening, but he figured he was partially at fault for this emotionless meeting.

 

---

 

     Once the last hour became a completed period, they both tidied up and got sent off their way.

 

     A horrifying sound voyaged through the dark sky seconds after a thin shard of light met the concrete of Busan. SeHun had no problem with the constant rain that dressed his home town, so the walk to his ride was one of patience. He did regard, though, that Lu Han owned no shield nor any heap of transportation to convey him to wherever he demanded. Did he always walk home?

 

     As if SeHun's mind had absolutely zero dominance over his body, he immediately cried out.

 

     "Lu Han?"

 

     The blonde quickly spun around at the mention of his name.

 

     "Yes?"

 

     "Do you need a ride?"

 

     "Psh. From you, TheHun? No way."

 

     "Well, I will not allow you to get sick from walking in this weather." If SeHun had a functioning conscience, he would most likely ponder as to why the hell these words even made an appearance. Lu Han seemed to be contemplating the offer.

 

     "Okay."

 

     The two sat in the tight confinements of SeHun's now uncomfortable car and silently roved to Lu Han's apartment. Once, though, SeHun did attempt to commence a conversation, but that was short lived. But a block before Lu Han's actual address, the older nearly screamed at SeHun to terminate all movement and dispose of him at their current location.

 

     "Thank you, SeHun. I think I'll be fine right here. Bye."

 

     SeHun considered teasing his hyung for seemingly being so vulnerable, but he was too astounded with the pleasure of being labled as SeHun and not TheHun. Was Lu Han on drugs today?

 

     "You're welcome, Hyung."

 

      As SeHun quickly sped off with thoughts of Lu Han locked within his mind, he couldn't help but remember the shattered look on his face when Wu Fan's name was brought up.

 

 


 

Next Chapter's Gon' Be Longer!

 

carlton-dance-gif.gif