The Asylum

Psychiatric Love ❤ ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Kris asked me as he pulled his old red truck up to a big white building with many windows protected by metal bars. the building was covered in vines and had bushes with flowers surrounding it.

"Yeah.." I said with a very distant voice as i gazed upon the building I would soon be seeing for two months. I can remember when I applied to volunteer online, Kris was extremely worried, I never knew why Kris had the need to watch over me. I wanted to do this.

"Suhwa Psychiatric Asylum"

Read the cooper letters over the big doors.

"Mihyun, I don't want you doing anything you will regret." Kris said trying to get my attention, "Working with insane people can be a hassle."

I slowly turned my head to look at my angry-faced best friend, "Insane? That word is pretty cruel..." 

Kris Impatiently scratched the back of his neck and shook his head,"You know I didn't mean that, Its just.." Kris took a deep breath "You had to put up with your schitzophrenic father at such a young age, I don't want to put you through that again."

I knew Kris ment no harm saying these things, I could understand his concern. It was really difficult trying to understand your fathers Illness at a young age, but I'm nineteen years old now, I think I know what I am doing after years of research. I know I can help people like my father, and prevent them from making the same mistake as my father. 

"Don't worry, you think too much." I said with a smile, "Its volunteer work for two months."

Kris sighed, "You should really learn how to drive, so I don't have to pick you up from this crazy Insane Asylum every day." He joked, I let out a small chuckle, 

"No, your stuck with me for life buddy." I joked back finally letting myself out of the old truck, "You know what time to pick me up!"

"Yeah!" Kris shouted driving off, and out of the big gates that kept anyone from escaping this huge hospital. I walked into the front door where I met with a woman at the front desk, 

"Hello I'm the Volunteer for the Schitzophrenic wing, Kim Mihyun." 

"ahh... yes Mihyun, we've been waiting for your asistance, Mrs.Jungdae will be here any moment."

I stood back wiping down my black button down top, as I waited for Mrs.Jungdae, Kris and I stopped for chicken before coming over here and I had a stain of Ranch on my back shirt.

"Hello!" A woman's voice rang from a door that opened, It was an older looking female in her mid-30's wearing a red suit, "I'm Mrs.Jungdae, I'll show you around the suhwa asylum, or to make it sound less grimm; Suhwa Hospital."

She shook my hand, "Welcome to the family, Its the only Phychiatric Asylum around here. Yet its pretty small." The main office was a small room in the front of the Asylum, Mrs.Jungdae handed me a card with my name on it, "This card will open the main doors you need and the doors in your wing."

She proceeded to use her card on the door she had entered, "when you enter the building, you check in with the front desk then, come through the door on the left, this is where we keep the patients. The other door is where the caffeteria and hospital is." as we walked through the door it started looking a little like a hospital with many nurses and doctors walking around.

"We have two floors, Your floor is the first floor, so you wont need to climb stairs alot."

As we went down the hallway we reached the second door in the hospital like hallway, where she slid her card and un-locked the door.

"You might have wondered why we didn't have patients running around the hallways, well each door holds a huge room like this." Mrs.Jungdae pushed the door open, Inside was a big room. It looked like a place where children lived. In the middle was a television and a couch, the front corner was a Table surrounded by small bookshelves and a whiteboard. on the Right side of the couch and TV was a fish tank and another door, on the Left was another hallway.

As I looked closer I realized the whiteboard had a bunch of jibberish and scribbling on It, and there was Three Boys watching TV, one sitting at the table coloring, the boy sitting at the table seemed to have noticed us walk in, his Eyes widened with joy as he got up and ran towards me,

"Umma! You came for me, I missed you." The Boy shouted making the others look back at us.

"Sandeul, Thats not your mom." Mrs.Jungdae said patting the boy on the head, then turning to look at the others. "Hello guys, This is your new ward keeper."

Mrs.Jungdae smiled at me as sandeul hugged me, "This Is Lee Jung hwan, better know as sandeul, he has a type of social disorder mixed with Schitzophrenia which convinces him that he is still a child. Sandeul looks young but in fact he is the oldest, at the age of twenty."

I smiled, this was really cute, sandeul was wearing colorful pajamas, and colorfull beaded necklaces and bracelets,

"Hi sandeul, how old are you?" i asked, Sandeul lifted up six fingers, "You're so big Sandeul." I said joyfully playing along with him. Sandeul wrapped his arm around mine, and didn't let go.

"Do you mind him doing that?" asked Mrs.Jungdae, seeing if I would be willing to put up with this, 

"Yes, I can tolerate anything." I said with a slight smile as she led me to the Television area.

"Guys say hello to Minhyun."

"Hello guys." I said with a smile "I am really happy to be here and help you."

"Everyone Introduce yourselves, starting with Zelo."

A very tall boy sitting on the couch with his legs crossed looked over at me, "My name is Zelo." he said as he waved at me with a slight smile.

"Zelo's real name is Choi Jun Hong, He has a strong case of Dissociative Identity Disorder at the young age of sixteen, he completely has no idea who Choi Jun Hong is anymore, we have a hard time feeding him, Sehun! say hello."

A very still faced boy looked over at me and gave a sort of eye smile, "m-my name is s-sehun." the boy said quietly studdering, as he tried not to lisp.

"That is Seventeen year old Oh Sehun. He has Anxiety and Personality disorder with Schitzophrenia, He only started talking when he was Thirteen, He tends to hear voices in his head, a common schitzophrenic symtom. Never leave him in a room alone or turn off the radio or Television, or he will get violent, Chanyeol, your turn to say Hi."

Another really Tall Guy with dark hair looked at me and waved.

"Thats Park Chanyeol, He's nineteen like you. He has multiple personality disorder, He is really the most normal one around here, but at certain times he becomes a whole different person without realizing it, which is his second personality."

"So anything else i should know?" I asked looking around the room and at the boys, 

"Yes, Here is their files, I suggest you read them. Along with the files are rules and regulations. Medication Times, The Nurses normally come and bring food and give them their vital medicine, your real job is to watch over them and care for them, You start tomorrow, so for now just read over the files."

~~~~~~~~~~~~