Yongguk's obstacles

We Got Married: Eomma-Appa Couple

Italics = Captions on screen Underlined = Actions without words Bold = English


Yoonhye came back from her bathroom break and saw a letter taped to their studio's door. She took the letter off and entered the studio.

YH: This was taped outside on the door.

HS: What is it?

YH: A letter. Yoonhye handed the letter over to Haesung who opened it.

HS: "Dear XXX, you have been chosen as the virtual wife. You will be meeting your husband in a week at the Han River."

SY: A We Got Married letter? That means one of us is going on We Got Married, right?

E: It definitely won't be Bijeong-unnie.

BJ: Why did you say that? That's very rude, punk.

JY: Bijeong-unnie's not very popular. Guys never choose you when we go on shows.

BJ: That is so hurtful.

SY: These letters usually have a sticker to cover the name. Tear it off and we'll know who's going on the show.

YH: And that is why Seungyong is a Harvard student.

JY: Almost a Harvard student.

SY: Jooyong's words are so hurtful.

Yoonhye took the letter from Haesung and gently peeled the sticker off.

YH: Ah...do they choose by age? It says Lee Haesung.

HS: Me?

BJ: Ah...Haesung is a social butterfly. She probably already knows her husband.

JY: It's always unnie. It's a Lee Haesung world.

E: Who's the husband though? No clue has been given.

YH: They wouldn't give us a clue because Seungyong will probably guess who he is right off the bat.

SY: I'm Sherlock Holmes reborn, baby.

Meanwhile~

Jongup opened the door, smiling as usual until he saw a letter taped on the door. He frowned gently and pulled it off, going back inside the practice room.

JU: This was outside.

YG: A letter? Give it here. Yongguk took the letter and opened it. "Dear XXX, you have been chosen as the virtual husband. You will meet your wife in a week at the Han River."

HC: Oh! We Got Married! Is it for me?

DH: These kind of things are usually done by popularity.

HC: So it's for me?

Z: I think it's Yongguk-hyung. Himchan-hyung is still lacking behind Yongguk-hyung.

HC: Yah, punk, what did you say?

YJ: There should be a name underneath the name.

Youngjae peeled the sticker off gently and read the name underneath, laughing.

YJ: It's Himchannie-hyung--

HC: I told you!

YJ: It's Himchannie-hyung's worst nightmare. It's Yongguk-hyung.

YG: Me?

HC: Him?!

Z: I told you.

YG: I'm going on We Got Married?

DH: I wonder who the wife's going to be. 

HC: She better not be pretty or I'll be very jealous and angry.

Z: People who go on We Got Married are either idols or actresses, they are all pretty, so Himchan-hyung will be jealous and angry anyway.

HC: Aish, this punk...

JU: Will it be that crazy-hair hobo that Yongguk-hyung drew the other time?

Yongguk laughed, staring at the letter.

YG: I can't believe I'm on We Got Married...


A word for your husband?

HS: First of all, even though I don't know who you are, I'm very happy to be your wife. Secondly...you don't have to do a lot of romantic gestures because I'm a very simple person. Thirdly and the most important of all, you have to love my members because they are family to me and family is important. I do apologise for their behaviour in advance though.

A word for your wife?

YG: Ah...I'm not good with these things...um...I don't actually know what to say.... Love me a lot? Chuckling Marrying me is...I don't know. I hope you like B.A.P's music and I hope you like my members too because they are important to me. Er...I think that's it. 


One week later~

YG: We're here at the Han River but...I thought I was meeting my wife. Why are they here?

HC: We want to see your wife too.

YG: She's my wife. She has nothing to do with you.

DH: It's just Himchannie-hyung. We were dragged along.

Z: I want to see Yongguk-hyung's wife. 

HC: Thank you, Junhonggie! 

YG: She's my wife!

PD: Bang Yongguk-sshi, please stop here. From here on, you will be going through several obstacles and you have to clear the missions in order to meet your wife. Your first mission is, "Your wife is a tea-drinker. Please find her favourite tea!"

YG: Tea? Like...Chinese tea? How should I know which one is her favourite tea?

YJ: Ah! English tea! Youngjae pointed at the cups of tea prepared on the table. Your wife is from England! She's a foreigner.

HC: Shouldn't Daehyun be on the show then?

YG: Why are you so against me being married?

HC: Because I don't think it's right.

Z: Maybe you should just try each tea and choose the one you think that tastes the best.

PD: Please hurry up, there is a time limit.

YG: Time limit?!

Yongguk rushed over to the table and picked up a random cup of tea, sipping it.

YG: Ah! That was hot!

Meanwhile~

HS: It's quite chilly today, isn't it? None of my members are here. They are too busy to meet my husband. Haha...I hope he's on his way, it's quite cold out here.


What did you think about the missions?

YG: I didn't think that I would have to go through so many obstacles to meet my wife. I don't drink English tea! They all taste the same to me! How can you have a favourite tea?


YG: I'm choosing this one. Yongguk picked the Yorkshire tea, taking it to the PD. Is it this one?

PD: Mission passed!

YG: Yes! I guessed that one! Let's go!

HC: Are we allowed to help him?

PD: Yes you are.

HC: Yongguki, wait!

DH: This is like Killing Camp all over again.

PD: Your next mission is, "Your wife is smart but what subject is she good at?"

YG: Do I get a clue?

PD: No.

YG: Then how am I supposed to guess?!

YJ: Well...she drinks English tea, right? I'm guessing she's from a foreign country so she must be good at English.

YG: English?

YJ: English.

YG: English.

PD: Wrong. You have two chances left. If you get this wrong, you have to restart the entire mission.

YG: What? And drink the tea again?!

PD: That is correct.

YG: Yoo Youngjae!

DH: If she is Yongguk-hyung's wife, she has to match with him, right? Yongguk-hyung, what is your strongest subject?

YG: Chemistry? I was going to do Chemistry at university. Is it Chemistry?

PD: Mission passed!

YG: It's really Chemistry? 

HC: Smart and drinks English tea...this is not getting any easier. Who is this person?!


Did you have to wait long for your husband?

HS: It was really awkward because I was sit by the Han River all by myself and every so often, a couple would walk past me or cycle past and there I was, all alone. I was starting to doubt that I had a husband and was starting to think that it was all a prank played on me by my members.


PD: Your last mission is, "Your wife belongs to a seven-member girl group. Who is she?"

YG: I get no clue again?

PD: That is correct.

YG: Why do you have to make my life miserable? Seven members...which girl groups have seven members?

HC: A Pink! 

DH: Don't you think that A Pink is too girly for Yongguk-hyung?. They don't seem like Yongguk-hyung's type.

YJ: That is the beauty of variety shows. Expect the unexpected.

JU: SNSD?

HC: They said seven members, Jonguppie, please come back to our planet.

JU: I'm off to Mato Planet.

Z: White Wings.

YJ: Oh! Junhonggie's good friends with their maknae, right? What's her name again?

Z: JY. 

YJ: Yes, that's it!

DH: It won't be her, would it? Maybe it's one of the other members.

YG: Lee Haesung?

HC: Is it Haesung-sshi? What?! But...Haesung-sshi is pretty!

YG: Is it really Lee Haesung? 

DH: Yongguk-hyung is friends with Haesung-noona. 

YJ: They talk a lot and hang out a lot.

YG: We're just friends.

HC: She could be your wife now.

YG: Is it Lee Haesung?

PD: Mission passed! Your wife is waiting for you, please go to her now.

YG: It's Lee Haesung?! Is this for real?

HC: Yes! Go and meet her now! She's been waiting for a long time!

Yongguk quickly made his way to Haesung although he was still dazed and kept asking if it really was Haesung who was his wife. It wasn't until he saw her that he stopped asking.

YG: Annyeonghaseyo.

HS: Oh, Bang Yongguk.

YG: Annyeong.

HS: What are you doing here?

YG: I'm your husband. We're on We Got Married.

HS: You're my husband? Jinjja?

YG: Yeah. Are you surprised?

HS: I'm very surprised! I didn't think they would marry me to my friend.

YG: I didn't think so either.

HS: Oh well...nice to meet you, husband, I'm your wife, Lee Haesung.

YG: I'm Bang Yongguk.

HS: You made me wait for a long time.

YG: I had to do a lot of missions to guess who you are. I had to drink five different cups of tea.

HS: Tea?

YG: English tea.

HS: Ah...Yorkshire tea?

YG: I don't know. I took a guess and I got it right.

HS: I will teach you to drink tea.


Did you expect Haesung as your wife?

YG: I honestly did not. She did not even cross my mind once as being my wife. I thought she would be one of my guests who would come and visit me and my wife but I didn't think that she would be my wife. Lee Haesung will be a great wife though.

Did you expect Yongguk as your husband?

HS: One hundred percent no. I didn't think that they would pair me with my friend. Yonggukkie...Yonggukkie and I are quite close so I was really surprised when he showed up, saying that he was my husband. I thought he was playing with me but...Bang Yongguk will be a great husband.