Hana;

Yearning for A Thing That Has Gone

i want to thank @junmyunf for the prompt <3

 


 

Junmyeon was never Wufan’s favorite person. 


Although Junmyeon is small, Wufan has a soft spot for small people, not midget, small cute people. Junmyeon knows it the best.
Junmyeon is also cute, which face’s features have already fulfilled Wufan’s type. Wufan has always been kind to people. But not at Junmyeon. For Junmyeon.
Junmyeon is lousy, careless, and weak, Wufan once said.

“It’s like when he tripped, you helped him, and then he tripped again, the next time, he tripped you.”
“Or when you told him secrets he would shout it out loud because he was shocked.”

But beside of Junmyeon’s careless nature. There’s no other reason for Wufan to stop loving Junmyeon.
But once again.

Junmyeon was never Wufan’s favorite person.


--


Wufan always smells the scents of fresh picked chiffons and daffodils in the morning, and also a faint noise of burned pan. Every freaking morning. Wufan thinks it would be better to curled inside his warm blanket rather than having troubles in the kitchen with Junmyeon, but Junmyeon always convices him to wake up.
Either it is the burned pan, the fired up plate, or other ridiculous things Wufan can never imagines.

 

Although he will still wake up to help.


Maybe this is madness. Wufan once thought.


But no,

 

Wufan once was hanging out with his university’s friends at a nice cozy cafe. Some would ask him, why didn’t he change his room? Why would he still share a room with Junmyeon if he doesn’t even like it?
 

“That isn’t madness. This is idiocy.”, Yixing once said.

“I wouldn’t even think living with a man that would burn your pijamas every morning.” Another gulp of bud light entered his throat. Luhan cringed at Yixing for not sipping it elegantly.

“You drink like a homeless man, grow up.”, Wufan spoke up, he sighed  while lifting his rocks glass.
 

“Oh mister, i’m not planning to change my habit anytime soon. You drink with glasses , means they have to wash them in the morning, save water.”

 

Earning another glare, Yixing just turned away and gulped the beer again, from the bottle straight.

“This Junmyeon guy..”, Luhan suddenly spoke, made Wufan immediately reacted.

The word “Junmyeon” has triggered something inside his head.

“I haven’t met him before, but Yixing said he was about Yixing’s age, it is right?”
Wufan nodded. “A little bit shorter than him though.”

“Tell him to socialite a bit and come drink with us!”, Luhan exclaimed. “Should have meet him when Yixing came to your apartment, but i was too busy working part-time.”
“Even so, Luhan still has a plenty of time to drink beer. What a noble man.”
“I was going to wait for a day i could shove a bottle to your mouth Zhang Yixing.”

 

Wufan ignored the last two sentences and supported his chin with his palm, his fingers were tapping his cheek. “Pitifully... Can’t do that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Junmyeon has a low alcohol tolerance. It’s hard to drag him home later on. I’m not his personal nanny, Luhan.”

 

“Wow, that a lot. Wait, you know? You should have done it before with him, i mean drinking?”, Luhan straightened his back, getting absorbed inside
Wufan’s talk. “It should be funny.”

“It wasn’t for me. He’s like wailing and later falling asleep on the floor.”

 

“Well that was cute.”

 

“After vomited.”

 

“Ew.”, Luhan cringed.

 

Wufan raised his eyebrow, and again pulled himself into his own world, thinking and digging deeper inside his memory. When was the last time he made Junmyeon drunk again? He’s such an evil guy, dragging an innocent scholar into alcohol.
Junmyeon is legal enough for alcohol, he knows. But he didn’t even know about how low is Junmyeon’s alcohol tolerance level. Maybe his is as low as reasonably achieveable.

 

He never forgets that night, never even once.


“I can’t drink!”, Junmyeon shook his head.
Wufan didn’t even know why this guy wore those kind of apron inside a house.
When he was living with Wufan. Those made them seems like a gay couple.

“You should try! You’re .... like 20? Geez, grow up. It’s just a glass.”, Wufan forcefully handed Junmyeon a rockglass of beer, Junmyeon holds the glass half heartedly.

“I really can’t drink... if i do..”

Wufan sighed. “Here is the thing, i am so stressed right now, you are my roommate right? Why couldn’t you even accompany me to drink?”, Wufan hiccuped. He remembered, he was drunk at that time.

Junmyeon squated beside Wufan, who has already drunk from the ninth glass. “Of course i could.”

“You’re always so annoying.”

“I know.”, Junmyeon talked back. “...Would you take care of me if i passed out after this?”
Wufan got up, he eyed Junmyeon from head to toe then laughed. “You wouldn’t. Who could passed out from a single glass of beer. Liiiitle glass of beer.”

“But you’re drunk.”
“It is a good thing.”, Wufan said. “It’s like morphine to me.”
“You take morphines?”, Junmyeon blinks.
“Used to. Anti depressants as well, i haven’t told you that?”, Wufan looks at Junmyeon with doe eyes. “Judging from your facial expression, i haven’t. Have i?”

Wufan could see that expression inside Junmyeon’s eyes.
What was that called again? Hatred? Judging? Ignoring?

 

“I’m worrying your health.”


Wufan blinked. “Worry?
“Yes.”, Junmyeon placed the rockglass back to the table, and then Wufan’s glass. “You shouldn’t drink more, Wufan.”
“What are you, my mom?”, asked Wufan, drunk. “I only drink when i was stressed. I’m not an addict, Junmyeon. I’m not.”

When was the last time a person said he’s worrying him again?
Wufan couldn’t even remember. That night, Junmyeon was sitting beside him all the time, waiting for him to sober. Wufan isn’t a silent drinker, he used to attack people, ignoring who is this and who is that.
That night wasn’t an exception.

 

Wufan remembers clearly.


Junmyeon’s hair smells like herbs. That guy has an oldies feel, but Wufan didn’t expect he would smell like one.
Junmyeon collapses after the second shot, he was laughing and tearing, even Wufan didn’t know how to react. Then the disaster occured.

Junmyeon was clinging hard to Wufan when he was drunk. Scratching his arm like a cat, then purr-ed like one.
“I wish i could talk to you more. It looks like you hate me a lot... Wufan.. give me a chance.”
Wufan would like to slap him away, but that can be so cruel.
 

“.... I hope we could go along together well for a minute.... Let me know you deeper, better, before it was too late.”, Junmyeon said with a purr-ed voice. Junmyeon then collapsed on Wufan’s lap, sleeping peacefully, with ed shirt, luckily Wufan prevented him before.

 

Why are you so annoying?”, Wufan mumbled.

 

Junmyeon likes coffee. Going to the cafe for a morning coffee is his routinity. Even when the night comes, Junmyeon always brings a latte from the university’s lounge.
However, Wufan likes beer. He wouldn’t miss a chance hanging out with his grown up friends, chatting, and drinks some beer or martinis. While Junmyeon always refuses to do so, he prefers Wufan to stays at home, helping him with the dishes although he was embarrassed for it, or even have a little talk while watching a late night drama.

 

Wufan realized.

 

He likes Junmyeon’s talks.

 

But Junmyeon was never his favorite person.